Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kerry man to have speed limiter fitted to car after caught at 164km/h

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

These judges need impeachment, who the heck are they answerable to? Bad signal being sent out

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Joe 90

pablo128 wrote: »
    I really shouldn't say this but if they reckon a shade over 100mph is ferocious driving, there's an awful lot of savages out there!
    That was my thought. 100 mph, not that fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,266 ✭✭✭Damien360

Joe 90 wrote: »
    That was my thought. 100 mph, not that fast.

Very much depends on road and location and traffic conditions. N roads are not built for those speeds as any clown can come out on the road or make a sudden turn. How many times have we all come across the auld wan in a RAV4/micra/fluence trundling along at 30kmph on a road and you have to drop your speed fast to avoid a smash.

Don't know Kerry very well but pretty sure there is no motorway from Tralee to Killarney.

It's not the speed that kills but the sudden stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

His insurance seems cheap :o In fairness that road is quite wide and long. Easy to go over the speed limit on it. My brother was caught speeding on it last year, nothing like the speed that fella was going though. Enough to warrant 3 points.

I remember a few years ago a fella I know from Killarney was caught speeding, around the same speed as yer man on this story. He was also pretty much given a slap on the wrist and a limiter. He comes from a well known family in the area. People get away with a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,874 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

does such a device exist? I imagine it could be had but I doubt it could be sourced and fitted within the timeframe as it would be a one off.

Yes, they are fitted to HGV's and busses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,629 ✭✭✭corks finest

He should be strung up, had his balls removed and banned from driving for life!

Not really.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭bear1

The fact we are comparing a single carriageway in Kerry to the autobahn beggars belief.
    I'd agree that in general 160 on a motorway is a nice enough pace but 160 on a road with a 100 limit is insane.
    You wouldn't get let off anywhere else but luckily we have the most idiotic judges on hand to surprise us time after time.
    If I was convicted and banned of a similar offence and saw this as the penalty given to this lad I'd be onto my lawyer to get my conviction appealed on the grounds of utter bolloxology.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,467 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

OSI wrote: »
    Nobody else think it's a bit pathetic that we live in a country where speeding warrants getting your name mentioned in the media and therefore permanently searchable on the Internet?

If anyone does not want this then there is an easy way to prevent it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

Surely Danny Healy-Rae will bring this matter to the attention of the Dail? It would be right up his street. Only God controls the driver etc.....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭bear1

testicles wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

That's my point, he got off for it and yet there are many others who have been revealed in newspapers who didn't get so lucky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

bear1 wrote: »
    That's my point, he got off for it and yet there are many others who have been revealed in newspapers who didn't get so lucky.

They need to work on their swim suit bod.

http://www.limerickpost.ie/2014/10/08/speeding-limerick-beauty-queen-praised-for-honesty/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Damien360 wrote: »
    Very much depends on road and location and traffic conditions. N roads are not built for those speeds as any clown can come out on the road or make a sudden turn.
    bear1 wrote: »
    The fact we are comparing a single carriageway in Kerry to the autobahn beggars belief.
    I'd agree that in general 160 on a motorway is a nice enough pace but 160 on a road with a 100 limit is insane.

Agree with the above. 164kph on a motorway is a completely different kettle of fish to doing it on that road. Yes, it's not a bad bit of road for that part of the country, but there are side roads, gates into fields, driveways into houses all over it.

Advertisement