Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hacksaw Ridge

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,675 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I went and seen this today Thursday. Wow what a film. Have to say Andrew Garfield did an excellent job. Was surprised that there was even some funny parts in the film in the first half before it all got real. What an amazing story and no matter what he himself thought he most definitely was a hero. The fighting the explosions the noise it was all very well done. It all looked very real. Mell Gibson did an excellent job in directing it all can,t have been easy. 10 out off 10 from me.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

very good movie, if you are into pure military spectacles then battles in Okinawa have been done to death as has the basic training scenes but still all well done and obviously the story is unique enough.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

The backstory took far too long to work up. The battlefield was hilarious. It was like he was casper the ghost dancing around, impervious to bullets. I couldn't take the film serious after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

The backstory took far too long to work up. The battlefield was hilarious. It was like he was casper the ghost dancing around, impervious to bullets. I couldn't take the film serious after that.

Oh but it's all a true story don't you know. It all REALLY happened, just exactly how Mel portrays it in the film...he even left stuff out cos he reckoned we just wouldnt believe it etc etc :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,040 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Thanks for the heads up about the cheese! Didn't bother me knowing it was there and ended up enjoying the hell out of this fine film!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭jones

Finally watched this last night! Decent enough file 7.5/10 for me. There was a lot of cheese but equally some great war scenes.

Advertisement