Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi automatic

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭mikeecho

R.O.R wrote: »
    Correct.

2.0Tdi & 3.0Tdi quattro's have the S-Tronic box now. FWD (2.0 & 3.0) have the Multitronic.

I've driven a 3.0Tdi FWD Multitronic a couple of times and it's actually pretty good - on the motorway. Not built for the twisty stuff as it's too nose heavy. Didn't feel as bad as the 2.0Tdi for just dumping all the power down in one go (eventually) from a standstill.

So, what's the advantage /disadvantage to the multitronic box ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

I had a 2l multi 2012, never a problem with it, small lag when you put the foot down that's it. Have 3l Quattro now stronic...feels similar but I feel I notice the gear changes more....anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

tossy wrote: »
    I don't beleive i've ever seen a FWD A7, i'm disappointed now #worstdayever :D

Yeah it was a disappointment when looking when the right car in the right spec turned out to be a fwd multitronic :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

I had a 2l multi 2012, never a problem with it, small lag when you put the foot down that's it. Have 3l Quattro now stronic...feels similar but I feel I notice the gear changes more....anyway...

There's something wrong with your car if it feels similar to a 2.0TDI :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

I mean gear changes. Power wise it's another world. 0-100 in under 6 seconds (officially anyway :P)

• Advertisement
Advertisement