Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Need automatic suv advice

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

readysetgo wrote: »
    pretty much had my choice decided and ready to go next week, had settled on high spec mazda cx5 sport, low emissions swung it with import.

anyway, theres been a change of plan due to an unexpected increase in baby seats needed for next year!! i can only presume i'm gonna have to suck it up and get a soccer mom car as we'll need a 7 seater!
    do i have any option for 7 seater suv that is somewhat stylish yet economical?!(he pleads)(cant afford new xc90 obviously and budget is even tighter now!)

am i realistically looking at an smac or kia carens or something? i presume theres threads out there with other males pleading that it exists!!

Xtrail

• Registered Users Posts: 51,122 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Be hard to find a current model 7 seater X-Trail automatic for 15k. I'd say a Qashqai+2 might be doable from the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,255 ✭✭✭✭fits

pretty much had my choice decided and ready to go next week, had settled on high spec mazda cx5 sport, low emissions swung it with import.

anyway, theres been a change of plan due to an unexpected increase in baby seats needed for next year!! i can only presume i'm gonna have to suck it up and get a soccer mom car as we'll need a 7 seater!
    do i have any option for 7 seater suv that is somewhat stylish yet economical?!(he pleads)(cant afford new xc90 obviously and budget is even tighter now!)

am i realistically looking at an smac or kia carens or something? i presume theres threads out there with other males pleading that it exists!!

Yeah I don't think it does. But practicality and space are going to supersede all else. The likes of the xc90 are mad in terms of running costs. I'd be looking at the grand Picasso and Galaxy, Alhambra etc.. Also some of the Japanese imports are neat.

Congratulations btw. I'm expecting twins which heavily influenced our recent choice, and I'm still doubtful if we will have enough room in the q5.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭readysetgo

quick look on autotrader for suv 7 seaters and got...

outlander
    kia sorento
    chevrolet captiva
    dodge journey
    citroen c crosser
    hyundai sante fe??

first thoughts are the first 2 prob on favour of kia warranty. any thoughts?

and loads of quahqai +2 on cargiant...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/search/used/cars/ford/s-max/postcode/l40th/radius/1500/price-from/500/year-from/2011/maximum-mileage/up_to_60000_miles/transmission/automatic/searchcontext/default/sort/default/page/1/onesearchad/new%2Cnearlynew%2Cused

Lots of auto Ford SMax in the UK. Not sure on the VRT however you should be able to get a decent 2011 for under 15K all in. The 2.0 diesels with powershift are suppose to be reliable enough and I think they look good (for a SUV).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

TRS30 wrote: »
    Lots of auto Ford SMax in the UK. Not sure on the VRT however you should be able to get a decent 2011 for under 15K all in. The 2.0 diesels with powershift are suppose to be reliable enough and I think they look good (for a SUV).

S-Max is not a SUV... It is a damn good and enjoyable MPV...
    bazz26 wrote: »
    Be hard to find a current model 7 seater X-Trail automatic for 15k. I'd say a Qashqai+2 might be doable from the UK.

I was misguided by the "I can't afford new XC90" phrase ;)

grogi wrote: »
    S-Max is not a SUV... It is a damn good and enjoyable MPV...

My bad. How did we live before acronyms 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Needles73

Your back might not be so bad after all, better buy a lowered civic

Needles73 wrote: »
    Your back might not be so bad after all, better buy a lowered civic

tis grand putting up with pain for pleasure once in a blue moon but comfort is still the priority for the guaranteed ride to and from work every day!!

• Advertisement

TRS30 wrote: »

cheers, gonna go sit in one anyway and see if i can live with it. thought i had all my going around to forecourts done, ah well

cheers, gonna go sit in one anyway and see if i can live with it. thought i had all my going around to forecourts done, ah well

No worries. I believe there is a newer version out now so if you look at a brand new one then could be different to say a 2011 one. Not sure how much was changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 CCFROM

You could buy a new Dacia Duster for the money.

You would have very low running costs, especially if your are doing 500 k a week
    Its has plenty of room,
    Warranty for 3 years.
    Very cheap finance too if you want.

The problem with buying an older SUV is that it could be wreaked,

• Registered Users Posts: 51,122 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

OP needs 7 seats which the Duster doesn't have a present.

CCFROM wrote: »
    You could buy a new Dacia Duster for the money.

You would have very low running costs, especially if your are doing 500 k a week
    Its has plenty of room,
    Warranty for 3 years.
    Very cheap finance too if you want.

The problem with buying an older SUV is that it could be wreaked,

cheers dont do automatic yet either which i need.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Redtop

I would not rule out the Lexus based on repair costs. They just don't tend to break or give trouble, so you'll rarely have to visit the garage, apart from regular servicing & replacing consumable parts like tyres & brake pads etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Ionised

readysetgo wrote:
    tis grand putting up with pain for pleasure once in a blue moon but comfort is still the priority for the guaranteed ride to and from work every day!!

Was going to ask how you get a guaranteed ride on the way to work!!

Anyhoo... Would have suggested Skoda Yeti DSG but you now need 7 seats so that's out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,891 ✭✭✭kirving

Back to looking at an XC90 7 seater possibly? You'll do very well to find comfier seats this side of Merc.

Advertisement