Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Robot Wars 2016

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,512 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

i cant understand how anybody can design a bot with any of those flimsy and pointless weapons. look at jellyfish. how could that even begin to compete

the only designs that have a chance are flippers and proper spinners. look at that spinning drum. not too bad but not much destructive power

anybody going to watch tonights episode.
    last weeks wasn't great.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,921 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Ive given up on it, the bots are just too weak. Still no sign of a new Battlebots, not even a release date.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,796 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

less controversy then last week but a poor wedge bot got further then it should

I know the bots are rubbish.
    even the good ones are plagued by problems.

why do they even bother building robots with no weapons or crap ones. anything other than a huge spinner or a flipper is a waste of time.

• Advertisement

where are the old builders . surely some of them would like to come back.
    tornado,
    hypno disc
    chaos 2
    etc

• Registered Users Posts: 14,890 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I know the bots are rubbish.
    even the good ones are plagued by problems.

why do they even bother building robots with no weapons or crap ones. anything other than a huge spinner or a flipper is a waste of time.

last weeks heat showed the drawbacks of a huge spinner, the inertia damages yourself almost as much as the other robots.

loyatemu wrote: »
    last weeks heat showed the drawbacks of a huge spinner, the inertia damages yourself almost as much as the other robots.

Yes but that was to o powerfulland not tested enough.

Look at hypno disk. It never suffered like that.

robot wars is back

Same old problems in that first ep, dont think Ill bother with the rest. Where the feck is the new Battlebots?

• Advertisement

Thargor wrote: »
    Same old problems in that first ep, dont think Ill bother with the rest. Where the feck is the new Battlebots?

what same old problems

Slow awkward presentation, fake/forced enthusiasm about every little thing and a load of other annoyances but the main problem is the quality of the robots, they're seriously underpowered compared to Battlebots and are mostly just bumping into each other instead of any actual damage, the designs havent really changed since the original Robot Wars and in a lot of cases are worse..

I have to agree.
    none this weeks teams were much good.
    beamoth is ok but nothing special
    appollo is the best of this weeks bunch but no better than chaos 2 from years ago.
    the cluster bots were rubbish. that spinner one was the best but barely did anything
    Donald thump was rubbish.

they all lacked the ability to damage the opponent. the tech is there , the expertise is there . why aren't we getting great robots

I think they are over thinking it. years ago there wasn't that much break downs

• Registered Users Posts: 11,796 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

good first ep hopefully top loser can get back in via the 10 way battle

• Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

The robots were just too bad, too many fights ending because one just died on its own, it got boring.

Battlebots will be back in a few months, that's worth watching, the last 2 seasons were incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,165 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

I did enjoy the new format and ten way battle etc.

Sorry to hear it wont be back

Advertisement