Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Run the Line 2016 in aid of Dublin/Wicklow Mountain Rescue

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭chickey2

I really enjoyed this run today! The perfect weather certainly helped. Thanks to all the volunteers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭munsterbear

Today was fantastic, couldn't ask for better weather. Great to be able to have fun and help the incredible work of the Mountain Rescue. Will definitely be back next year.

Only quibble which is nothing the organisers can do but a few of the faster 26km runners were very rude passing people. I know you're trying to get a PB or push for place. But it doesn't cost anything to have some manners.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,388 ✭✭✭fletch

Only quibble which is nothing the organisers can do but a few of the faster 26km runners were very rude passing people. I know you're trying to get a PB or push for place. But it doesn't cost anything to have some manners.
    This year I seemed to be passing a lot more short coursers/early starters than other years. Its not something I noticed too much in the previous 2 years but perhaps the fact that I've improved my times contributed. I was courteous to each person I passed but I dont know what could be done to prevent the two races colliding, other than having a totally different route for the short course. In its current format, if the short course started earlier, the faster long course participants would catch the slower short coursers before the decision point.
    Absolutely loved today's race...perfect weather...sun even made an appearance and I set a 14 mins PB.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Annie get your Run

Fantastic race, my first mountain run, very well organized and thanks to all the volunteers who marshalled the course

I want aware we would be passed by long course speedies (and they were flying!) One of them set me off balance on that last downhill but that's not the organisers fault. I'll know the next time and be ready to move out of their way.

Looking at the flyby, I think a marshal is needed at the last left hand turn along the "dream track"...a few people (myself included :o ) missed the turn and would have gained a slight advantage by going straight.
    Fantastic race though...absolutely love everything about it. The jellies and the water at the stations were soo good!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭PaulieYifter

My first RTL and really enjoyed today. A great mix of everything including nice dry trail and some nice mucky trail. Took 2 x falls which left me with a gashed quad and a sprained toe but that's all part of it - reckon I'll be sore tomorrow.

Most people I was passing moved to the side and I always gave a well done and a thanks to them and got the same in return.

@fletch - the Flybys are great - if I'm right you were 8 minutes in front of me, 6 of those coming in the last 4 miles - must be the shortcut you took ;) - seriously though you must have been absolutely booting down to the finish along a fairly technical section so that probably explains why you went along the "dream track" - nice going and well done!

@fletch - the Flybys are great - if I'm right you were 8 minutes in front of me, 6 of those coming in the last 4 miles - must be the shortcut you took ;) - seriously though you must have been absolutely booting down to the finish along a fairly technical section so that probably explains why you went along the "dream track" - nice going and well done!
    Thanks...I wouldn't mind but I made the same mistake during an imra race before and it cost me a lot of places as the finish line was at the top of the concrete road so I had to run back up hill to the finish. TBH I kept a kind of even effort throughout this race and it definitely seemed to pay off in the second half when others were flagging, I was able to pass them.
    Looking at the flyby, seems like you took a sneaky shortcut too in Cruagh Woods or maybe it was just patchy GPS in the forest :P
    Seriously good time for your first outing in RTL! Knowing what to expect in a race like this definitely helps and it was my 3rd time doing it so it definitely gives an advantage. I remember the sting in the tail really catching me out in the first year as I thought it was all downhill from the time you turn left off the fire road on to the MTB trail

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭PaulieYifter

fletch wrote: »
    Looking at the flyby, seems like you took a sneaky shortcut too in Cruagh Woods or maybe it was just patchy GPS in the forest :P

Cheers.

That's where I took a fall and watch paused in the bang without me noticing for 2 minutes so there's a straight line there where I resumed the watch - it's bugging me that I've a messed up record of the race on Strava :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

I had done the short course twice so it was time to up the distance this year. I was more or less on schedule to do my estimated 3hr finish. However, that more or less fell apart when I hit hamburger hill in Cruagh. My legs got totally sapped and the return trip over Tibradden turned into a walk run and I finished just under 3:20. First time ever running that distance, so I'll be doing more practice ahead of next year. Well done to you all on such great running.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭coco7

Great day for running in the hills yesterday. First time for me and really enjoyed. Stuggled on the uphills as didn't get that much training in but made up for it on the way down! Thanks to the volunteers and organisers, great setup. There's loads of photos from the run posted over on the facebook page if anyone is interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭FeenaM

Fantastic race, really enjoyed it! Just wondering where these shortcuts were and why nobody showed them to me (only kidding) :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Great race yesterday, 3rd time doing the short course, one of my favorite races. Whoever they got to organise the weather this year should keep the job for life, couldn't have been any better.

Agree with the last left turn on the dream track, a marshal would definitely be a good idea there, I made the turn this year but missed it last year!

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭summit2summit

Hi all, many thanks for the great feedback! It was yet another successful RTL so long may they continue!
    As always, please post here or on any other of our social media ect with any feedback, whether it be good bad or indifferent!
    Hope you all had a great day out,
    Thanks
    S2S & DWMRT

Advertisement