Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Run the Line 2016 in aid of Dublin/Wicklow Mountain Rescue

Options
  • 20-07-2016 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭

Hi all, I am pleased to announce that RTL 2016 will be back again this year on Nov 26th.

Our websites etc will be updated over the coming weeks.

Thanks,

RTL team

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭summit2summit

Registration for this years event will open from midnight this Sunday.

Early bird rate will be €30 for the month of August and €40 thereafter.

More at www.runtheline.ie

Thanks

RTL team

RTL registration now open

http://runtheline.ie/register/

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭FeenaM

Just registered :D

Sounds like a great race - first year to do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭crisco10

Did this race last year (long course) in pretty bad conditions; what an exhilarating morning it was. Would seriously recommend!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,388 ✭✭✭fletch

Have done this race the last 2 years and also highly recommend it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

The monsoon conditions last year just added to the buzz!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭opus

Decided to give it a go as well! How bad can it be :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

Damn it, it's clashing with something else I was looking at but I really want to try a hill race and the 13k option looks perfect....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭hillsiderunner

Firedance wrote: »
    Damn it, it's clashing with something else I was looking at but I really want to try a hill race and the 13k option looks perfect....

I am thinking the same thing! (except for the clash). Would love to do the 26k but I think it'll be too soon....

Just over two weeks left to avail of our early bird price. Prices then go up €10.

Register at www.runtheline.ie/register

Thanks for your support

RTL & DWMRT

• Advertisement

Hi all,

The event is still 3 months away but we are approaching 60% capacity already due to unprecedented demand.

If you wish to take part in this event, it would be wise to sign up sooner rather than later to avoid any disappointment as the event will be sure to sell out.

Thanks,

RTL team and DWMRT

Hi all,

The event is still 3 months away but we are approaching 60% capacity already due to unprecedented demand.

If you wish to take part in this event, it would be wise to sign up sooner rather than later to avoid any disappointment as the event will be sure to sell out.

Thanks,

RTL team and DWMRT

Is the short course suitable for someone who's never done a hill run before? what kind of times would people finish the 13K in?

Is the short course suitable for someone who's never done a hill run before? what kind of times would people finish the 13K in?

Hi Firedance,

Yes, most people new to this just walk uphill and jog along the flatter and downhill sections. We had some people coming in about the 3 hour mark last year for the short course. The route will be fully marked and marshalled so no need for any navigation skills or anything like that. Just come along and give it a shot and the chances are, you will have a ton of fun.

Thanks

RTL team and DWMRT

Hi all, just a quick heads up that although the event is still 10 weeks away, we are at 80% capacity, so if you are thinking of signing up, please do so soon to avoid disappoint. Thanks - RTL team

Hi all, just a quick heads up that although the event is still 10 weeks away, we are at 80% capacity, so if you are thinking of signing up, please do so soon to avoid disappoint. Thanks - RTL team

Bit the bullet and registered for this, a bit terrified but hopefully will be the start of a beautiful relationship with trail/hill running!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭chickey2

I've just signed up too! I needed a post marathon goal and I've been thinking about doing some mountain running for ages so this is perfect.

Bit the bullet and registered for this, a bit terrified but hopefully will be the start of a beautiful relationship with trail/hill running!

This was one of my first trail races, and you will have a great time. Even last year with torrential rain!!!. I'm signed up for the long course this time around. Double the fun!

Hi all, just a final note on capacity. We are now at 90% full and will be full in the coming days. The event is still over two months away which is crazy. There will be NO WAITLIST this year so if you want to sign up, do so now. Thanks for all the support - DWMRT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭munsterbear

Just signed up to the 13Km, with Mrs MunsterBear, and the sister. To think she thought she was just coming over to Dublin to celebrate Babybear's 18th....

RTL 2016 is now sold out. There will be no waitlist this year. Thanks you all for your support and see you all on Nov 26th!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Typical, just went to register there and blamo...sold out. Damn you (me) and my god damn procrastination.

2 years in a row! Best of luck with it everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Arg, had been thinking about doing this after DCM. Obviously thought for too long.

Will run most of the long course early this Sunday morning if anyone is interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 1986kennyd

We done just under 20k of it last weekend, great course but theres a few slippy parts, mainly the boardwalk. Looking forward to next week now, enjoy the training run!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭chickey2

Does anyone know what time I'd need to get to lamb Doyles for this? It says registration is at 9 but the short course start isn't til 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 1986kennyd

You should be ok arriving after half 9 I'm guessing. 9 o clock reg will probably be more for the 10am long course starters.

chickey2 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what time I'd need to get to lamb Doyles for this? It says registration is at 9 but the short course start isn't til 11.
    Long course start is 11, short course at 11:10 (early start for long course only is 10)
    We would encourage you to get there as early as possible as we have record numbers this year and registration will be manic to say the least!
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭cravings

just seen about this now..

i regularly run up around three rock... will this race mean closures or obstruction to other users of the area? (don't mean to sound grumpy, i'm not, but i am curious...)

would have quite liked to enter but didn't know about it. do you ever advertise by poster up around the area?

hope it goes well, sounds like a good day.

cravings wrote: »
    just seen about this now..

i regularly run up around three rock... will this race mean closures or obstruction to other users of the area? (don't mean to sound grumpy, i'm not, but i am curious...)

would have quite liked to enter but didn't know about it. do you ever advertise by poster up around the area?

hope it goes well, sounds like a good day.
    Hi Cravings,
    Pity you missed out this year. Check out the FB page next summer for details of the 2017 event.
    None of the mountain or roads will be closed at all, there will just be extra activity, especially along the course. The course will be marked with red and white tape and marshals so it will be clear. The runners will get spread out quite soon so the impact of extra people on the hill will not be too bad.
    If you are keen on hill running or would like to start off, check out www.imra.ie who will be running various races from January. They are a bargain at 7 each!
    Thanks,
    S2S & DWMRT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Enjoy the run tomorrow. Can't run it this year but really enjoyed this last year, weather and all. Hopefully I will get up and see a few crossing the finishing line.

Advertisement