Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Preseason, European Cups, Domestic Cups and Internationals Thread 2016/17

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Haz goal, Oscar assist

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

Haz goal, Oscar assist

Ah Christ
    They are not making this easy :D
    Is Redmond also playing up front for Saints with long..........

Oscar goal, Costa assist

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

Oscar goal, Costa assist

Oscar goal, Costa assist

Hhhmmmmmmm getting interesting ........

• Advertisement

Carroll second goal v Juve.

Chelsea looking very good here. Hazard free role essentially, drifting all over the place. Assisted the assist for the Oscar goal

Chelsea looking very good here. Hazard free role essentially, drifting all over the place. Assisted the assist for the Oscar goal

Get back in my team

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

In Charity Shield related news, FHFC just passed a late fitness test by swerving taking the kids to a birthday party at the last minute and ending up with the afternoon to himself! 3 bonus points to Mrs FHFC justifying her price tag!! :D

Payet on for last 15 mins
    Chelsea concede via a pen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Chelsea VERY poor defensively, regularly being cut open by Bremen. Lucky to have only conceded once so far

Costa goal, Haz assist

Schmeichel, Simpson, Huth, Morgan, Fuchs, Mahrez, Drinkwater, King, Albrighton, Vardy, Okazaki
    Subs: Zieler, Hernandez, Musa, Schlupp, Gray, Ulloa, Mendy. #LeiMnu
    United: De Gea, Valencia, Bailly, Blind, Shaw, Carrick, Fellaini, Lingard, Ibrahimovic, Rooney, Martial
    Subs: Mkhi, Mata, Rashford, Rojo Romero, Herrera, Schneiderlin

Community Shield teams:

Man Utd:

De Gea, Valencia, Bailly, Blind, Shaw, Carrick, Fellaini, Lingard, Rooney, Martial, Ibra

Romero, Rojo, Schneiderlin, Herrera, Mata, Mkhitaryan, Rashford

Mkhitaryan on bench to start

Leicester:

Schmeichel, Simpson, Huth, Morgan (c), Fuchs, Mahrez, King, Drinkwater, Albrighton, Okazaki, Vardy

Zieler, Hernandez, Musa, Schlupp, Gray, Ulloa, Mendy

• Registered Users Posts: 22,525 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Is Hazard worth the extra 2.5 over Oscar if he's not on pens anymore which seems to be the case? Oscar starting to look like good value.

Haven't heard much regarding Smalling injury

Fabregas on for Matic for second half

• Registered Users Posts: 36,086 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Hazard doing nothing to convince me that he shouldn't stay in my team.

Do any Chelsea fans know if Oscar will definitely start?

Also, Mkhitaryan, it seems, isn't one to start with. Rooney and Ibra are nailed on starters I'd imagine.

Musa is obviously not worth a punt on yet either.

2 good chances missed by Costa, both created by Haz. Big chance missed now by Oscar, set up by Fab

Hazard playing far more direct than last season, could have 2 more assists if Costa finished the chances.

Oscar also playing very well. May be on penalties given he scored one midweek v AC Milan with Hazard on the pitch.
    I'd imagine he'll start GW1 but he's also been linked with moves away to Italy recently.

• Advertisement

Chelsea concede 2nd

manual_man wrote: »
    Chelsea concede 2nd

I'd say steer clear of Chelsea defenders till the end of the transfer window.
    It's likely the same back 5 as last season that conceded 50 with Terry and Ivanovic a year older + slower.

Terry off with head injury.

I'd say steer clear of Chelsea defenders till the end of the transfer window.
    It's likely the same back 5 as last season that conceded 50 with Terry and Ivanovic a year older + slower.

Conte is an excellent defensive coach, but I'd agree Terry and Ivan are slow, Cahill not much better. Zouma should play when he returns IMO, but he misses the first 3 games or so with injury. Terry just subbed off with a knock btw

Redmond sounding dangerous from Saints Twitter

manual_man wrote: »
    Conte is an excellent defensive coach, but I'd agree Terry and Ivan are slow, Cahill not much better. Zouma should play when he returns IMO, but he misses the first 3 games or so with injury. Terry just subbed off with a knock btw

Conte's a great coach but the raw materials at the moment are poor. Zouma and Azpi are fine but there is no depth behind that. Terry's experienced but he needs someone with pace alongside. Cahill is dirt.

I'd expect a CB and FB to be signed before the end of August. Chelsea have actively been trying get a quick defender all summer to suit Conte's system. Koulibaly from Napoli and Mustafi from Valencia have been mentioned.

Long (Davis)

Pedro (Batshuayi)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Liverpool bring on Brannagan, Randall and Stewart.

Marko Gruijic came off at the end of the first half after a bad fall on his ankle, Danny Ings on in his place.

Still losing 2-0

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Liverpool losing 3-0 now.

Toni Gomes had also come on and now ex-United youngster Sam Hart is on for Moreno at LB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

No mention of 'Pool crushing Barça 4-0 in here?

Heard that last night on French TV. Full Barça side too.

Advertisement