Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Failure to turn left when entering a roundabout

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,383 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I don't think I'm breaking any rules, far as I know there's nothing stopping you doing infinite loops of a roundabout.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭bonyn

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I don't think I'm breaking any rules, far as I know there's nothing stopping you doing infinite loops of a roundabout.

Not sure of legalities, but if you intend on taking the first or 2nd exit, you should be in the first lane. Being in the incorrect lane can result in a penalty point.
    On the other hand, you could probably argue you actually took the 6th exit.
    Discussion of this topic already happened i see.... http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2056949065

• Registered Users Posts: 39,031 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

bonyn wrote: »
    Not sure of legalities, but if you intend on taking the first or 2nd exit, you should be in the first lane. Being in the incorrect lane can result in a penalty point.
    Takes a penalty for taking the exit from the incorrect lane. Not his intentions, otherwise any one that has ever missed a exit should get points.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

bonyn wrote: »
    I'll be long gone. By the time you notice i didnt take the 3rd exit you'll be 8 cars back, banging your fists off the steering wheel and I'll be cruising along, windows down, stereo blasting and giving you the finger outta the muthaflippin' window.

It's OK as long as it's AC/DC

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭bonyn

It's OK as long as it's AC/DC

Highway to hell?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭dennyk

Stephenc66 wrote: »
    So what might be the position in this case?

Painted roundabout in Ballina/Killaloe in front of McKeogh’s super market for those that might know it, it was once a T junction so three roads.

That roundabout is always a total mess; half the traffic coming from the bridge cuts it when turning right, and everyone turning right from southbound R494 cuts it and bullies their way through even if there's already northbound R494 traffic in the roundabout ahead of them. Not to mention people who aren't turning in either direction will often suddenly pull out and pass half a dozen or more of the cars waiting outside the roundabout when traffic backs up.

In the event of an accident, probably the guy with fewer passengers to act as witnesses would be at fault. Good reason to have a dashcam! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭check_six

Stephenc66 wrote: »
    I should perhaps have explained that given the nature of the roundabout the car turning left is usually on the roundabout and the car approaching from the right has to leave the roundabout a couple of meters on his left in order to cut the other car off. It's not like they drive over the painted roundabout or have a wheel on it. They completely ignore it

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.8091112,-8.4371311,3a,75y,90t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sfS8JUUv7lb8cfZ1-nJrrOw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en

I love that even the street view of this roundabout has the guy in the black car turning 'inside' the roundabout to make the right turn!

Advertisement