Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did you know nelson mandela was a terrorist

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

jack923 wrote: »
    Same with northern Ireland where small children as young as 8 were killed with plastic and real bullets, 13 year old girls being shot dead but it still doesn't justify terrorism.

So the Warsaw uprising was the action of terrorists and not justified?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

I know his background but terrorism can never be justified he was a terrorist plain and simple.

ok then, I guess I'm confused about the purpose of this tread.
    It started with you making a statement, and asking were people aware that your statement was fact.
    Then others explained that at one point in his life he had a set of beliefs and later he had a different set of beliefs. It was suggested that this was a well known fact. You suggested it wasn't well known, but that you knew it....
    then you went back to a one dimensional line ....he's a terrorist....
    ultimately, what's your point, what's the point of this thread, what do you want to discuss?....?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 418 ✭✭jack923

ok then, I guess I'm confused about the purpose of this tread.
    It started with you making a statement, and asking were people aware that your statement was fact.
    Then others explained that at one point in his life he had a set of beliefs and later he had a different set of beliefs. It was suggested that this was a well known fact. You suggested it wasn't well known, but that you knew it....
    then you went back to a one dimensional line ....he's a terrorist....
    ultimately, what's your point, what's the point of this thread, what do you want to discuss?....?

I was saying that he was a terrorist and a terrorist sympathiser/supporter but yet people are trying to excuse terrorism/terrorism sympathisers.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭VictorRomeo

RustyNut wrote: »
    One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

Every tyrant is the hero in their own story.... But Mandela was no tyrant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

I was saying that he was a terrorist and a terrorist sympathiser/supporter but yet people are trying to excuse terrorism/terrorism sympathisers.

Mandela served 27 years and no one I know excused his early belief in terror to achieve a just society.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭nhunter100

jack923 wrote:
    Same with northern Ireland where small children as young as 8 were killed with plastic and real bullets, 13 year old girls being shot dead but it still doesn't justify terrorism.

jack923 wrote:

Who is trying to excuse it? I feel like saying ' are you OK hun?' . I'm done this is a moronic thread tbh.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Mod Note:
    As this thread seems to have run its course, closing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 418 ✭✭jack923

Mandela served 27 years and no one I know excused his early belief in terror to achieve a just society.

Yes but he was still a terrorist who took the lives of many innocent people going to prison for a few years doesn't change the fact that he was a terrorist.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement