Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2.5k diesel?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭idnkph

almostover wrote:
    There is a filter on the turbo oil pickup that is difficult to change and tens to be neglected. This clogs and starves the turbo of oil. Happens on a lot of these 2.0d BMW's. Can be prevented by maintenance but the maintenance is time consuming and therefore costly

How costly? I like the thought of the beemer. All the forums Iv read up on say the BMW is brilliant to drive. I see allot of them for sale have had the swirly flaps thing done.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

I was in your shoes 6 months ago and I picked up a very tidy mondeo st 2.2. Tax is a bit dear but nice car. You might pick up an 06 Alfa 159 1.9 jdtm or a Volvo s40 2.0d also.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭idnkph

I was in your shoes 6 months ago and I picked up a very tidy mondeo st 2.2. Tax is a bit dear but nice car. You might pick up an 06 Alfa 159 1.9 jdtm or a Volvo s40 2.0d also.

Seen an alpha for sale and loved the look of it..... but they have a bad name? Are they not a notorious money pit?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

idnkph wrote: »
    Seen an alpha for sale and loved the look of it..... but they have a bad name? Are they not a notorious money pit?

I don't think so. I think the 159 had left that behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,157 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Only Alpha have a bad name, Alfa is fine though. :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement