Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Which new car 162 €50k

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭crusha101

carsfan2 wrote: »
    Op said he likes a drivers car which the s90 appears not to be, extremely comfortable by all accounts but in road test in autocar mag it ranked fifth behind jag xf, BMW 520d, Audi A6 and merc e220.
    Why not look at new jag f pace for something different?

F pace would cost between 63000 - 68000, Great car but would be way over budget for OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,254 ✭✭✭✭fits

R.O.R wrote: »
    I love the XC60 and have a 2010 at home as the family wagon, but it is beginning to show it's age now. Can be quite a few rattles and squeeks which is annoying, but the worst thing is how most of them drive - they aren't suited to FWD and the new engine unfortunately.

Ours is an AWD model with the more powerful, but more relaxed 5 Cylinder D5 engine. New engine is a great engine, but there's just too much power & torque for the vehicle to handle when it's all going through the front wheels. If you want to drive it on a bit, it's actually pretty decent, but you are constantly fighting with the steering wheel so it's not really a relaxing drive.

Very practical for families with a decent sized boot that's very wide.

I wanted to buy a 4wd version in auto, with the bigger engine. But I just couldn't find one to buy within our budget. Test drove a new one but it was too much to fork out. I really enjoyed driving it though. Got a 2010 Q5 in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

crusha101 wrote: »
    F pace would cost between 63000 - 68000, Great car but would be way over budget for OP.

Not necessarily, prices start at €45K - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=99738632&postcount=4

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭hanna200

if I had 50k to spend on I would spend 50k on around the world trip and not on car but that is just me

Not necessarily, prices start at 45K - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=99738632&postcount=4

Going by first hand experience haven't seen any in Ireland going for less than 62k myself but they must be out there

• Advertisement

Not necessarily, prices start at 45K - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=99738632&postcount=4

Going by first hand experience haven't seen any in Ireland going for less than 62k myself but they must be out there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭bmwguy

hanna200 wrote: »
    if I had 50k to spend on I would spend 50k on around the world trip and not on car but that is just me

It's company money a round the world trip is not going to help them run their business!

But I agree, with my own money I wouldn't spend that myself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭GavMan

Thanks for that utterly useless and basically begrudging post.

Skoda Superb L&K mentioned a while back is a left field choice. Might not fit the "drivers car" bill though. I'm a fan though.

Is the wife happy with her Mazda 6? Any issues with it? Do you like it? You seem to like driving it. Why not get a 2nd one if you like it best in that class?

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭td2008

Mustang!

:)

Although they seem to have gone up another 6k since launch :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭GavMan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭e92335i

GavMan wrote: »

That new A5 has the same touchscreen set up as the new C-class Merc. Nasty, I much prefer the screen recessed into the centre console or like the older Audi folding style

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭e92335i

narommy wrote: »
    So I drive a 11 Mazda 6 and love the way it drives but am due a change. My wife has a new 6 so although I would love one I can't really go for one.

Thinking BMW 420d or Audi A5 or Jag XF

Benchmarking against Mazda 6 Platinum in terms of Drive and Spec.

Would appreciate feedback or other suggestions

Tia

OP If this is for business and also your daily driver do you have the opportunity to put some of your own money towards the car and push the budget over 50k?

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭deathtocaptcha

if you're throwing that sort of money around, you could up your budget to a Maserati Ghibli

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭narommy

carsfan2 wrote: »
    Op said he likes a drivers car which the s90 appears not to be, extremely comfortable by all accounts but in road test in autocar mag it ranked fifth behind jag xf, BMW 520d, Audi A6 and merc e220.
    Why not look at new jag f pace for something different?

F-PACE is my absolute first choice but will not be approved not a money thing. :-( Gutted but have moved on ......kinda. It is "so me"
    Have test driven and it is fantastic. Can get mid spec with options for mid 50s and works out very cheap on a contract hire lease.
    Only car I would pay more than.35 k of my own money. ......gutted

e92335i wrote: »
    OP If this is for business and also your daily driver do you have the opportunity to put some of your own money towards the car and push the budget over 50k?
    Going over 50k not that much of issue. 55k could be olay but it is really down to the contract hire cost and that is in turn down to residuals

bmwguy wrote: »
    It's company money a round the world trip is not going to help them run their business!

But I agree, with my own money I wouldn't spend that myself

Max I would pay myself if 35-37

GavMan wrote: »
    Thanks for that utterly useless and basically begrudging post.

Skoda Superb L&K mentioned a while back is a left field choice. Might not fit the "drivers car" bill though. I'm a fan though.

Is the wife happy with her Mazda 6? Any issues with it? Do you like it? You seem to like driving it. Why not get a 2nd one if you like it best in that class?

Why not getting second Mazda?

People paying for it not keen on Mazda
    Also sick of being asked of I work for Mazda as we both have had 2 for years
    I am sure I would pick colour that Mazda 6 would look better than wife's and that would not be good :-)
    The option for "premium" is there and I would never pay for it myself in future
    I get chance to drive wife's Mazda on regular basis so why not something different

But I do love Mazda....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Mercedes C-Class or E-Class?

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Zurbaran

Get a TT Quattro and tell the kids to go in the Mazda.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭walus

fits wrote: »
    Well, each to their own I guess. I find it astounding that you think skoda make better interiors, and I have test driven both in recent weeks.

In terms of fit and finish - they do (unfortunately for Volvo). In terms of looks - no point of commenting as it is a matter of taste.

”Where’s the revolution? Come on, people you’re letting me down!”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

walus wrote: »
    In terms of fit and finish - they do (unfortunately for Volvo). In terms of looks - no point of commenting as it is a matter of taste.
    Skoda better fit and finish that Volvo? Stop it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭walus

bidiots wrote: »
    Skoda better fit and finish that Volvo? Stop it now.

Sure it has. 40k Superb vs 40k XC60 - no comparison. Nothing rattles or squeaks in Superb.

”Where’s the revolution? Come on, people you’re letting me down!”

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Travel forum
    > that way

• Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Casati

Op remember if you spend 50k+ then you will be paying BIK on that 50k+ and BIK is really significant - i.e. 30% by 50k = 15k by 52% = 7800 p.a. out of pocket cost to you for your 'free' car !!!

If you can get away with spending say 35k on a loaded and very capable Mazda 6 or Superb 2.0 TDI or Mondeo 2.0 TDCI, then the cost to you drops to 5460 p.a.

Over 4 years the cost of the 50k car with the nice badge (that you dont need to want) would cost you circa 10k extra out of pocket in tax alone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭maddness

Casati wrote: »
    Op remember if you spend 50k+ then you will be paying BIK on that 50k+ and BIK is really significant - i.e. 30% by 50k = 15k by 52% = 7800 p.a. out of pocket cost to you for your 'free' car !!!

If you can get away with spending say 35k on a loaded and very capable Mazda 6 or Superb 2.0 TDI or Mondeo 2.0 TDCI, then the cost to you drops to 5460 p.a.

Over 4 years the cost of the 50k car with the nice badge (that you dont need to want) would cost you circa 10k extra out of pocket in tax alone[/

The op said that he drives about 35,000 per year so that's 12% BIK or a lot less than you reckoned.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Casati

maddness wrote: »
    Casati wrote: »

Over 4 years the cost of the 50k car with the nice badge (that you dont need to want) would cost you circa 10k extra out of pocket in tax alone[/

The op said that he drives about 35,000 per year so that's 12% BIK or a lot less than you reckoned.

I think thats incorrect - 12% rate s only applicable above 40,000km p.a. business miles. Op stated he does 35km total and also has a long commute so it unlikely he will get away with even 24% BIK unless they accept the 8km notional min miles

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Ud get a great new car for 20 k save yourself alot of money

• Registered Users Posts: 51,122 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

bigpink wrote: »
    Ud get a great new car for 20 k save yourself alot of money

But the OP doesn't want a 20k car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭maddness

Well the op already knows what % BIK he is paying already so it's his choice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 dunmanus

dont forget the jag xe....or the f pace...both under 50k

Advertisement