Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Fight Night: McDonald v Lineker

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

McDonald via Submission
    Fun fight, good finish but calling out Cruz? Don't think with Cruz' movement too many of them wild shots would land

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Amazingfun wrote: »
    That Tony Ferguson fight was better than anything on 200, imo .....just amazing. Can't freakin wait til he fights again!!!

Yep and Louis Smolka's stoppage was up there 2,awesome card,135lb division is stacked.

McDonald via Submission
    CnS-A9AXgAA-G49.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭mark13

Great card, I enjoyed it more than UFC 200.

McDonald via Submission
    Linekar, Smolka(POTN), Ferguson & Vanetta get $50k FOTN bonus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭tinpib

Ah FFS. Forgot about this card. I was only dicking around all evening too, half watching MLS :(

• Registered Users Posts: 39,130 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Gamebred wrote: »
    2m 22s of the 2nd round,wild 8 minutes of war.

Sweets had the under 1.5 bet. As part of a 4 fight accum. That's 3 up.
    I've a feeling I lost the 4th from comments

Have this on record at home. Looking flowers to it now.

McDonald via Submission
    Mellor wrote: »
    Sweets had the under 1.5 bet. As part of a 4 fight accum. That's 3 up.
    I've a feeling I lost the 4th from comments

Have this on record at home. Looking flowers to it now.

No after timing.....even in event threads. The kids kicked up a fuss earlier after someone left a general betting comment in this thread & Axwell left a warning.

Bisping still going on about Alvey on FS1 post fights show :D went along the lines of "What are you talking about? You're fighting on fight night pre lims against UFC debutants and then you're talking about winning the belt? Baby steps!"

Ferguson hinted in interview about him & Khabib doing TUF

Devastator wrote: »
    No after timing.....even in event threads. The kids kicked up a fuss earlier after someone left a general betting comment in this thread & Axwell left a warning.

I thought rule only applied to the betting thread, forum rules need updating if that's the case. I'd agree with it tbh.

But does a bet I lost count as aftertiming? Had Linekar over 1.5 rds

McDonald via Submission
    Mellor wrote: »
    I thought rule only applied to the betting thread, forum rules need updating if that's the case. I'd agree with it tbh.

But does a bet I lost count as aftertiming? Had Linekar over 1.5 rds

My personal feelings, yes its after timing because you are only posting it after the fight. Win or lose doesn't matter, why only bring up your bet after the fight? Plenty of opportunities to post your bets before the fights.

• Advertisement

My personal feelings, yes its after timing because you are only posting it after the fight. Win or lose doesn't matter, why only bring up your bet after the fight? Plenty of opportunities to post your bets before the fights.
    Fair enough, the aftertiming rule was my suggestion in the betting thread.
    Didn't realise it had spread beyond there.

Mods feel free to delete

• Registered Users Posts: 29,561 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

McDonald via Decision
    Man some great fights! I was roaring for Vanatta to do the business, what a madman. Sickened for Mayday but could tell straight away he didn't want any of those mini boulders. Love watching guys who are motivated to make a name for themselves or trying to get up the ranks and putting it all on the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Some great fights on that main card. Boetsch looked impressive. Samman looked like a fella they grabbed from the crowd last minute. Very sloppy.

Co-main and main events were deadly.

I like Tony Ferguson and I think he could be a real threat to Alvarez but I was on my feet hoping that Vanatta would do it. If he opted to keep punching instead of going for the choke late in the first round, he could have had him. He was landing some serious shots.

As for John Lineker - What an absolute beast that guy is. Him vs Dillashaw next would be a good fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,061 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I thought the card was kind over saturating things after last week but my God I enjoyed it! Great way to cap off 200 and the surrounding events

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,353 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

McDonald via Decision
    Ferguson hinted in interview about him & Khabib doing TUF

No chance of that unless things really align next year, That show puts fighters on the shelf Joe B/Henry C is the upcoming season,finale scheduled early December

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Finally got around to watching this, Vannata is really enjoyable to watch, I was hoping he out Tony away, so close! McDonald wanted nothing to do with Linker after he landed the first body shot,after he went up against the fence he was a sitting duck and it was only a matter of time! Still surprised he killed himself making 125 he's a beast at this weight and looks much healthier.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

The Ferguson myth is blown

califano wrote: »
    The Ferguson myth is blown

He's the same against top opposition though,Edson Barboza one the best strikers in the game was the very same came back and subbed him same way,his chin is legendary (while it lasts).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Yeah if anything he just proved he has an impressive chin! Great last 2 fights, is there ever a night when mr red panty night isn't called out?! :D

Would love to see Poirier v Ferguson that would be all kinds of madness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Stick it on a Fight Pass prelim headliner... for time difference selfish reasons. ;)

Also, give us Linker v Dillashaw. Give it to us now dammit!! Both fought within the same week and would be ready to fight around the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

That_Guy wrote: »

Stick it on a Fight Pass prelim headliner... for time difference selfish reasons. ;)

Also, give us Linker v Dillashaw. Give it to us now dammit!! Both fought within the same week and would be ready to fight around the same time.
    Dont see Lineker v Dillashaw happening any time soon. Most likely Dillashaw will be fighting for the belt against Dominic Cruz. Lineker V Cody No love, now that would be an interesting one...

https://twitter.com/GrabakaHitman/status/753634543941390336

What a man cant wait to see him fight agin crazy style.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Lineker via KO/TKO
    https://twitter.com/GrabakaHitman/status/753634543941390336

What a man cant wait to see him fight agin crazy style.

He'll be fighting at 145 too. Could be one to watch.

Advertisement