Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Fight Night: McDonald v Lineker

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

darced wrote:
    This post has been deleted.

Going by tonight I'd have to agree there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,504 ✭✭✭The White Feather

jcd5971 wrote: »
    choo choo

:pac::pac::pac:

:D:D:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Murphy got lit up some she was eating jabs,wasnt blown away by the winner tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

McDonald via Submission
    So have the new colourful reebok shorts been done away with already? Or were they a "for 1 night only" deal like that horrendous yellow octagon canvas?

Lineker v Rivera one of the craziest fights I've seen,Hard to believe Mayday is only 25 still.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Lineker via Submission
    Devastator wrote: »
    So have the new colourful reebok shorts been done away with already? Or were they a "for 1 night only" deal like that horrendous yellow octagon canvas?

Nope they are a permanent fixture, the new range is out in September. Surprised they arent wearing them tonight though it was supposed to be from 200 onwards, unless its only for main UFC events and not fight nights.

Colours go by nationality,you cant pick.

McDonald via Submission
    Axwell wrote: »
    Nope they are a permanent fixture, the new range is out in September. Surprised they arent wearing them tonight though it was supposed to be from 200 onwards, unless its only for main UFC events and not fight nights.

Very strange to launch the new range to public eyes then take it away again. Hard to imagine having them for PPVs but not FNs, theres no difference in what fighters get for different type cards is there?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Lineker via Submission
    Gamebred wrote: »
    Colours go by nationality,you cant pick.

You can pick from the range of colours available for your country, its not limited to black and chalk like previously. Unless you are both from the same country in which case the person in the red corner gets first choice, blue gets to pick from whats left.

One of the rounds of the year incredible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Lineker via KO/TKO
    What. A. Round. That was unbelievable

Lineker via Submission
    Smolka absolutely dominating this, crazy they consider him the underdog

Easy money Smolka is a beast comes in to Dublin wrecks Paddy goes to this dudes hometown and murders him,fantastic fighter.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Lineker via Submission

Lineker via Submission
    What a performance by Smolka

Lineker via KO/TKO
    First time I've seen a towel thrown in. As good as they come Smolka.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭mark13

Great first round, but the second was pretty rough to watch. I think Nguyen was being too "respectful" in the first, barely threw a punch when he had plenty of opportunities, once Smolka took control he didn't have any hesitation in laying into him.

Smolka is an elite mma grappler would love to see him fight Weis that would be epic.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Lineker via Submission

McDonald via Submission
    Axwell wrote: »
    Smolka absolutely dominating this, crazy they consider him the underdog

Was he? :eek: I done him at evens but didn't even look at Nguyens odds.

Awesome 1st round, didn't think it would need as much time in the 2nd to finish it

• Advertisement

That was great from Smolka there

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Lineker via KO/TKO
    Gonna call it a night after this one, last week's mad fight week schedule really took a toll on me. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 39,204 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Gamebred wrote: »
    Easy money Smolka is a beast comes in to Dublin wrecks Paddy goes to this dudes hometown and murders him,fantastic fighter.

He KO'd Richie Vas in Sydney too.
    Devastator wrote: »
    Was he? :eek: I done him at evens but didn't even look at Nguyens odds.

Evens = Underdog, as the other guy must be less.
    It's about the smallest underdog you can get.

I had Smolka to win by dec. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Nice little earner on Smolka there.

He might well be my favourite fighter to watch at the moment. His fights with Seery, Paddy and now this one have been awesome to watch.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Gonna call it a night after this one, last week's mad fight week schedule really took a toll on me. :(

Come on, keep up your cardio! Or just drink some coke!

That UFC202 ad has got me hyped for McGregor already!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Lineker via KO/TKO
    Come on, keep up your cardio! Or just drink some coke!

I'd need more than the drinking kind to wait awake at this stage! :o

Good first round there from both.

Thought Noke looked tired near the end of the round. Maybe I am wrong but we will see

Lineker via KO/TKO
    Paully D wrote: »
    Nice little earner on Smolka there.

He might well be my favourite fighter to watch at the moment. His fights with Seery, Paddy and now this one have been awesome to watch.

I was thinking the same but I dunno if I'm being biased as I'd remember him more clearly than most other fighters due to his fights v the Irish guys.

• Advertisement

Good first round there from both.

Thought Noke looked tired near the end of the round. Maybe I am wrong but we will see

Yeah I thought Noke was getting very tired from the pace. His mouth was open a lot.

Advertisement