Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dyson DC44 Origin EUR 199

Options
12346»

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

kceire wrote: »
    The animal is mainly for carpets etc
    If you have a mix of hard floors etc then the fluffy or the absolute is better from my research.

Hmm are you sure? It says the Animal is suited to all floors. I have no carpet at all, only hard floors and I reserved the Animal in Argos and am supposed to pick it up tomorrow :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,472 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Blade wrote: »
    Hmm are you sure? It says the Animal is suited to all floors. I have no carpet at all, only hard floors and I reserved the Animal in Argos and am supposed to pick it up tomorrow :confused:

I'm sure it's fine but the fluffy is more suited to your needs. I've one myself.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I have the older DC34 animal.
    Bought it as a go to hoover do small clean ups etc

I have no pets. It comes with the small roller and it's a plastic head so it would essentially scrape along wooden floors when you are cleaning them. The sold roller is for hard floors but that comes with the fluffy, absolute and the V6 slim IIRC.

Edit : I was of the assumption that the mini motorised tool came with the V6 animal but it may be the wider foam roller. If that's the case then it should be fine.

V6 Fuffy £250 on amazon.
    No delivery to ireland so PM or PW a must.

Dyson V6 Fluffy Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, 100 W https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00U654VRM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_HQlhyb81TW64S

Edit : they say free U.K. Shipping but charge £59 delivery to NI!
    Makes it a €360 purchase. Not a bargain as first thought.

V6 Fuffy £250 on amazon.
    No delivery to ireland so PM or PW a must.

Dyson V6 Fluffy Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, 100 W https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00U654VRM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_HQlhyb81TW64S

Edit : they say free U.K. Shipping but charge £59 delivery to NI!
    Makes it a €360 purchase. Not a bargain as first thought.

could use addresspal as it has a UK mainland address maybe.
    not sure about the size limit though - could be over addresspal's limit and you'd have to pay €25

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

glasso wrote: »
    could use addresspal as it has a UK mainland address maybe.
    not sure about the size limit though - could be over addresspal's limit and you'd have to pay €25

I got mine delivered today via Addresspal, no extra charge thankfully.

But i would read the negative reviews on that one from Amazon before buying...seems to have an issue with attachments.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

I have the older DC34 animal.
    Bought it as a go to hoover do small clean ups etc

I have no pets. It comes with the small roller and it's a plastic head so it would essentially scrape along wooden floors when you are cleaning them. The sold roller is for hard floors but that comes with the fluffy, absolute and the V6 slim IIRC.

Edit : I was of the assumption that the mini motorised tool came with the V6 animal but it may be the wider foam roller. If that's the case then it should be fine.

The V6 Animal is suitable for carpets and wooden floors - I use it on both. The head has felt buffer strips on it so doesn't scrape the wood.

V8 Absolute €494 currently in Harvey Norman staff sale night.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,341 ✭✭✭xtal191

V8 Absolute €494 currently in Harvey Norman staff sale night.

Cheaper on amazon

xtal191 wrote: »
    Cheaper on amazon

Ohh I know they are slightly. The cheapest price is with Donaghys up north but for the sake of €55 someone might have wanted in from a local B&M store. I'd buy online if it was me though, better in my pocket.

https://donaghybros.co.uk/dyson-v8-absolute-cordless-vacuum-cleaner.html

Cheapest V8 Absolute on Amazon is circa £390stg plus shipping/PM fee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭irishbigfoot

At the moment Dyson UK site has the V6 Total Clean at £229.01 which is one pence dearer than the Fluffy and has the stronger direct drive head. UK site wouldn't accept direct payment by Visa but PayPal worked (think it was comparing the billing address against the card and only UK billing address allowed) After mentions here of using Parcel Wizard I opted for Parcel Motel for their extended liability (which I can't seem to find an option for on Parcel Wizard and €100 is their standard)

The Dyson UK Ebay site is also having a sale at the moment if you want a cheaper refurbished model- basic V6 at £129 and Fluffy at £184.

If you wanted a new Fluffy then Lunneys up north have it for £227.99 and free delivery here...probably less stressful than trying to get a payment through the Dyson site.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

If you wanted a new Fluffy then Lunneys up north have it for £227.99 and free delivery here...probably less stressful than trying to get a payment through the Dyson site.

The Fluffy isn't a bad price in Argos here at the moment, €282.99 which works out at just 17 Euro dearer than Lunney's up North. Might be worth it in case you ever have to send it back, to pay the extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,341 ✭✭✭xtal191

The Fluffy isn't a bad price in Argos here at the moment, €282.99 which works out at just 17 Euro dearer than Lunney's up North. Might be worth it in case you ever have to send it back, to pay the extra.

Out of stock in Dublin the past few days, wouldn't be surprised if it went back up in price whenever it becomes available.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭irishbigfoot

Yep, saw that one too but no availability around Dublin. I did reserve one in Drogheda and the reservation runs out tonight- if anybody wants it PM me.

Advertisement