Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dyson DC44 Origin EUR 199

Options
  • 09-07-2016 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Todays irish independent has HARVEY NORMAN ad which shows reduction from EUR 369 to EUR 199 - thinking of purchasing but has mixed reviews on amazon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 marcusgunn

Have one of these. Nice piece of kit. Would defo recommend it. Though it has been priced at 249 in pretty much every retailer for the past 12 months....never 369. 199 is still a good price.....despite the mis-selling

• Registered Users Posts: 6,472 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

I'd hold off for the bigger cuts on Dyson's V6 range. These were the motors that replaced the one in the DC44 and were a big step up in performance. They're just being phased out by the V8. They're already cutting prices, but might be a while before you see the big cuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

I've had the DC44 and upgraded to the V6 this year. Definitely worth the price difference if you can get the V6 at a discount down the line..

• Registered Users Posts: 42 roise2000

Thanks for feedback folks. I went ahead and bought the dc44. Suits our purposes as we have a relatively small house (and a dog) the boost function is great at getting dog hairs from rugs. The pros outweigh the cons. The main cons are the brush clogs up quickly and will require frequent cleaning and the 20 minute usage time (8 mins boost) means that we will not clean the whole house in one go. The pros are that it is so accessible that it is easy do quick cleaning, powerful enough for our purposes and can also be used to clean car (in theory )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

One you use a cordless vacuum with 20mins battery, you'll never go back. It a game changer..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 iLander

@roise2000 Thanks for heads up! Got one as well. The difference between dc44 and v6 (except for marketing obviously ;) ) i managed to find:
    - v6 is same power as dc44 in normal setting, more powerful in max setting (you don't really use that very often as it drains battery like crazy)
    - v6 0.05l bigger dust container (come on...)
    - v6 charges quicker - 3.5h compared to 5.5h (once it's empty I'd leave it to charge anyway so those 2h for me are not a big issue)
    Went with the older model as there is not enough improvement to justify additional 100 imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭mgray

Does anyone know what size box these come in for home delivery.?

I see Currys UK have the V6 for £200 where it's €320 down here. I'm guessing too big for Parcel Motel, would Wizard deliver that size.??

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭shardylan

Parce Motel will deliver larger items for €7.50 but you must collect from their depot in finglas .Ive done this before with radiator .
    Anyone tell me which is better of the 2 ? Is it worth getting the V6 over the Dc44 ?
    mgray wrote: »
    Does anyone know what size box these come in for home delivery.?

I see Currys UK have the V6 for £200 where it's €320 down here. I'm guessing too big for Parcel Motel, would Wizard deliver that size.??

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I have the DC44 and power isn't the problem - its the head getting clogged up hair etc all the time, and the fact it just pushes bigger pieces of stuff around on the wooden floor.

Does the V6 fix any of these issues, I wonder? Is the head better?

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭boardzz

14 months ago Aldi sold this for 219

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Scottie99

Dades wrote: »
    I have the DC44 and power isn't the problem - its the head getting clogged up hair etc all the time, and the fact it just pushes bigger pieces of stuff around on the wooden floor.

Does the V6 fix any of these issues, I wonder? Is the head better?

Yep, the head or the brushes are designed differently.
    We sold our 3 year old DC44 last week on adverts for €150 and bought the V6 in the UK(€360) and had it shipped via Parcel Motel. First impressions, brilliant!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Scottie99 wrote: »
    Yep, the head or the brushes are designed differently.
    We sold our 3 year old DC44 last week on adverts for €150 and bought the V6 in the UK(€360) and had it shipped via Parcel Motel. First impressions, brilliant!!

How much did you pay for parcel motel for this? Tempted at £200 from Currys but i'd imagine the box is huge!

Pacifico wrote: »
    How much did you pay for parcel motel for this? Tempted at £200 from Currys but i'd imagine the box is huge!

€7 and collected from their depot in Finglas

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭elWizard

i see the basic v6 is 350 eur in Arnotts sale currently
    http://www.arnotts.ie/dyson-v6-cordless-vacuum-cleaner/397598/979650400500
    the animal and fluffy are a fair bit more though: anyone have any feedback on how much better those models are? Seem just to be slightly different heads on each one...

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭alane20

I just ordered the v8 from the UK, should be here tomorrow all going well with parcel motel, kinda feel bit nuts spending so much on a hoover but love the way it can be wall mounted out of the way, great battery life and so quiet, 7.50 to collect in finglas is still a great price I thought, I pass the depot on the way to work

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭confusedeire

On Dyson.ie you can get the basic v6 for 300 or the the animal v6 for 370 euro. But if I was buying I'd get the total clean for 400. Lots of accessories. I own the animal and I bought my mother the total clean. Fantastic machines

On Dyson.ie you can get the basic v6 for 300 or the the animal v6 for 370 euro. But if I was buying I'd get the total clean for 400. Lots of accessories. I own the animal and I bought my mother the total clean. Fantastic machines

The total clean was what we purchased but on the uk site

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭shardylan

Anyone looking to get this parcel motel I'd say you'd get it in normal locker .Barely weighs anything but box is long rectangular shape

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

Dpd parcel wizard are more generous with sizes for anyone interested in getting from the uk
    I got mine in lidl or also last year for €219 with a tenner voucher for spending more than €50 so €209 in the end and it's a great bit of kit
    Well worth the money

Spotted the dyson v6 on eBay for £199 with free shipping to Ireland from the north

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/DYSON-V6-Cordless-Upright-Stick-Vacuum-Cleaner-Two-Year-Warranty-/221809911347?nav=SEARCH

• Advertisement

shardylan wrote: »
    Anyone looking to get this parcel motel I'd say you'd get it in normal locker .Barely weighs anything but box is long rectangular shape

My box was classed oversized, so I had too collect from Parecl Motel collection centre.

My box was classed oversized, so I had too collect from Parecl Motel collection centre.

It would be with the pole attachment
    Dpd parcel wizard is the way to go with oversized items

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭murtyd17

Spotted the dyson v6 on eBay for £199 with free shipping to Ireland from the north

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/DYSON-V6-Cordless-Upright-Stick-Vacuum-Cleaner-Two-Year-Warranty-/221809911347?nav=SEARCH

did anyone ever buy from this crowd?

murtyd17 wrote: »
    did anyone ever buy from this crowd?

They have good feedback
    2 year guarantee
    PayPal 180 day protection too

Are you suspicious ?

255 sold is a good sign

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭murtyd17

255 sold is a good sign

not at all, was just wondering.
    going to order it today.

murtyd17 wrote: »
    not at all, was just wondering.
    going to order it today.

Marked as almost gone
    Decent deal I think

It would be with the pole attachment
    Dpd parcel wizard is the way to go with oversized items

What do they charge for oversized and do they still delivery to the the home?

What do they charge for oversized and do they still delivery to the the home?

Dpd parcel wizard have never charged me for oversize
    I left parcel motel because of this
    Wizard will bring it to whatever address you nominate for no extra
    I've one parcel 6 foot high and no extra fee

• Advertisement

Dpd parcel wizard have never charged me for oversize
    I left parcel motel because of this
    Wizard will bring it to whatever address you nominate for no extra
    I've one parcel 6 foot high and no extra fee

Great to know. Thanks

Advertisement