Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dacia Sandero Stepway radiator

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The spin is that they're cheap, i don't think anybody is under the illusion that they're as good as a car costing more.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Needles73

Irish car buyers are very sheepish and conservative. Reminds me of when everyone was buying bog standard corollas, because they have no imagination whatsoever and don't know what a good driving experience is. Bog standard Corollas all the way. One of the most consistently boring, sloppy handling and mediocre cars ever built.
    Great insight, everyone and their dog knew corollas were boring but they were reliable. For a lot of people that was everything. How many average Corolla drivers were throwing them into sweeping bends and looking for a fab driving experience. At the time they were comparatively well built and cheap as chips to run. Imagination is all great when you were broke down on the side of the road with the lancia billowing steam from the head gasket......;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Furtzy2 wrote: »
    Got rid of my 132 Duster Alternative for €9k last August. Couldnt stand the bloody thing. Rust, ****e mpg on motorway driving. Woeful build quality etc etc...embarrassed I fell for all the spin about them :$

was it 2wd or 4wd?

i had a 2wd there for a few weeks and honestly i found myself taken aback at how handy it was on diesel. i was thrashing it and i couldn't get the gauge to move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Furtzy2

i had a 2wd there for a few weeks and honestly i found myself taken aback at how handy it was on diesel. i was thrashing it and i couldn't get the gauge to move.

2WD. It's not geared for motorway speeds. On average got 41 mpg on my mainly motorway commute compared to 56 mpg I get now in the Avensis

• Registered Users Posts: 33,638 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Furtzy2 wrote: »
    2WD. It's not geared for motorway speeds. On average got 41 mpg on my mainly motorway commute compared to 56 mpg I get now in the Avensis

Large Jeep style 2WD gets less Motorway MPG than equivalent Diesel Car Shocker.....

I dont think its hype that got ya :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

listermint wrote: »
    Large Jeep style 2WD gets less Motorway MPG than equivalent Diesel Car Shocker.....

I dont think its hype that got ya :eek:

41mpg is awful.

p.s. A Duster isn't large. It's Nissan Qashqai sized, and that gets decent mpg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Furtzy2

listermint wrote:

listermint wrote:
    I dont think its hype that got ya

Well I owned a seven seater outlander that did better mpg genius!...a 4WD jeep that weighed a lot more. The 1.5 dci just doesn't have the torque or the gearing for motorway driving

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Is anyone here going to offer the OP any advice rather than just hurling handbags at each other?

OP, do you have a photo of the damage/leak?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Is anyone here going to offer the OP any advice rather than just hurling handbags at each other?

Wasnt that done in the first few posts ???
    The handbag bit just got a bit out of hand...

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 23,270 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Radiators are fairly weak in fairness, stones pop holes on them a lot. Regrettably it's not a design fault as such, just like getting a puncture some things are beyond anyone's control.

It very much is a design flaw, if it's in an area where stones can pop up, there should be a guard put in place or it should be reinforced

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Needles73

ted1 wrote: »
    It very much is a design flaw, if it's in an area where stones can pop up, there should be a guard put in place or it should be reinforced
    You cannot just assume because one stone damaged radiator it's necessarily a design flaw ....

• Registered Users Posts: 23,270 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Needles73 wrote: »
    You cannot just assume because one stone damaged radiator it's necessarily a design flaw ....

Well the post that I quoted says it happens a lot , which would be a design flaw.

If it's an isolated incident then it may not be.

Advertisement