Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game Club Idea

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,943 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I've made sure that they're all at least interesting. When I say bad, I mean stuff that has aged poorly or had good ideas just poor execution. There's no out and out tripe there.

I'm basing this on the HG101 game club and the most interesting games they played where games that are panned but they found interesting, the month when they played Snake's revenge for instance, they all quite enjoyed that one.

Anyway nobody is conscripting you to play these games! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I quite like this idea actually. Its a good excuse to go and fire up an old game and makes it more enjoyable to discuss it with others.

Another suggestion as an add on would be to organize a multiplayer session every couple of months or so of some older games like M & B or BF2.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,943 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I've set these up in google docs now.

Hopefully you can only view the game list and edit the suggestions! That's the plan anyway

List

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1BXV4JxQ05pTB0mlvwpJJElcUThIYV7ZbVv9-4TrUxoY

Suggestions

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1eajLXCLKLN45Cg44WQeJ5us50MqMRBip_prw5GyTCEE

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭blackwave

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I've set these up in google docs now.

Hopefully you can only view the game list and edit the suggestions! That's the plan anyway

List

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1BXV4JxQ05pTB0mlvwpJJElcUThIYV7ZbVv9-4TrUxoY

Suggestions

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1eajLXCLKLN45Cg44WQeJ5us50MqMRBip_prw5GyTCEE

Really love the idea, but not sure how much time I will have for it and great work on the spreadsheet too btw.

Though I would change one thing on it, for the Game List spreadsheet I would make it more obvious which console the game is for. Even something simple as have the name of the console in bold and then list the of games underneath.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

****ing knew Cho Aniki would there.

Count me in.

• Advertisement

blackwave wrote: »
    Really love the idea, but not sure how much time I will have for it and great work on the spreadsheet too btw.

Though I would change one thing on it, for the Game List spreadsheet I would make it more obvious which console the game is for. Even something simple as have the name of the console in bold and then list the of games underneath.

I'll give those details when the games are chosen.

Thanks to whoever already suggested some games, all were accepted.

I'm thinking we should just kick this thing off.

I was planning on having snatcher as the first game but maybe we should just jump into the random selection? Let me know what you all think.

If you guys want the random selection I'll use a RNG to pick three numbers and put a thread up to vote on the games with a view to starting next week. (Tentative date of 15th).

I might randomise the list as well since there's big blocks of games from the same system due to how I put it together.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,203 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Thanks to whoever already suggested some games, all were accepted.

That was me, a few curve balls in there to keep things interesting ;)

But yes, happy to play along and see what comes out of it!

That was me, a few curve balls in there to keep things interesting ;)

But yes, happy to play along and see what comes out of it!

I had a feeling some of them could have been you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

I see Boulder Dash there wooooooooooohooooooooooooooooo :D:D:D:D:D:D

Seriously though its a game very easily emulated and well worth playing. Its a toss up between the C64 AND Atari 800xl with my vote going for the c64 version.

Nes version is quite good as well but stick with the 8 bit computer version.

Some cracking games in that list Bubble Bobble, Flimbos quest,Ace Attorney,Rhythm tengoku etc

Some pure crud as well but thats to be expected with any list involving retro :p

Hotel Dusk and the sequel The last window are 2 more for consideration and im chuffed that we are getting a 3rd installment later this year :D

• Advertisement

They'll be chosen at random so there's a 3/881 chance it will be picked and then there's a vote :P

They'll be chosen at random so there's a 3/881 chance it will be picked and then there's a vote :P

So basically you are saying there is no chance :mad:

Sparks43 wrote: »
    So basically you are saying there is no chance :mad:

Well it's about playing games you wouldn't normally play, not picking a game you like and playing it again. It's luck of the draw what gets picked.

Well it's about playing games you wouldn't normally play, not picking a game you like and playing it again. It's luck of the draw what gets picked.

I prefer to think of it as spreading the word of rockford Hallelujah!!!!!!!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Sounds like an awesome idea,im in.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'm in two minds about including PS1 games?

How easy is it to emulate the PS1? I only ask because I've no clue myself, I stay away because I find it's really poorly emulated!

Also same question regarding the Saturn.

I think the first podcast should be dedicated to the greatest ps1 game ever....the legend of dragoon.

:pac:

I think the first podcast should be dedicated to the greatest ps1 game ever....the legend of dragoon.

:pac:

Legend of Dragoon getting added to the list... against my better judgement

Legend of Dragoon getting added to the list... against my better judgement

:eek:

:eek:

It's not just about good games... unfortunately.

Anyway it will probably make an interesting choice if it does get picked.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭JustAidan

I joined Boards.ie just to say I was interested :P

Hey Retr0gamer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,418 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I'm up for this :) Probably not going to do a huge amount of talking/recording with it, but happy to take part in stepping out of my comfort zone?

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

This is actually such a cool idea. I probably missed a month or two of it already though, no? :o Can we still add suggestions to the list?

Desert Strike was this month and yes you can add some suggestions.

Advertisement