Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Continuity Munster Chess!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭Tychoo

I think this will be my last post on the schism that is Munster Chess or any chess matter for a while

I ask the main protagonist just have to step back and take stock on how they have gotten to this point.

I can not blame a man for standing by his friend when he saw that outside parties were seeking to interfere into the investigation of the “Cork Incident”

Informing his friend brought him into a “conflict of interest” between the various unions. This action broke the trust people had in him as an officer of the MCU. But in his own mind he still thinks he did “no wrong”.

The “Cork Incident” was wrong (on all counts), the interfering was wrong and the informing was wrong. Procedurally it should have been handled better by him. So we have "three wrongs" but it still did not make it right.

Every action since then has driven a wedge into Munster chess now were on the eve of the AGM and I appeal to him and more so to the “followers” he has recruited to reconsider what their doing.

If you want to go your own way, “off with you”, but ask yourself (followers) the question. Why is he, still focused on the MCU if he has he own chess club,it just smells of bitterness and vindictiveness. Personal attacks on several members of the current committee.

Come on do you really want to be linked to stuff like this!!!!!!!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭Tychoo

I see the "CC" are still having a go at the chairman of the MCU. Did he not play for Tralee in the league? Shooting from the hip again......

Where is it written you have to list your club affiliation or those it have to be written in stone on the temple mount

Time to move on Sir,

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭rob51

Indeed according to Peter Scott's league results website he played four times for Tralee but Mr. Alfred works hard to find issues to complain about. After all his excuse for gatecrashing the MCU AGM is that he has been libelled on the MCU website. It's such a serious libel, apparently, that John lists it on his website as unsuitable for minors.

He also complains about the security which kept him from holding up the AGM again.

Advertisement