Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guinness Pro12 2016-2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Cathalthesmart

molloyjh wrote: »
    Played rugby very well. For example as scrum halves go he's a pretty prolific try scorer. Given an ounce of space and the guy is deadly. And he's shown that at all levels of the game now. His passing game is good. Even his kicking can be quality. I remember one game where he set up a try with a chip in behind the defence while being tackled.

Will he get an ounce of space against NZ though? If the Lions where going on tour to the Fiji,Samoa etc he would be perfect! Against NZ defence will be rock solid, he might get a good chance to score when NZ are 40+ points up, then he is perfect. When your in a tight match (if by some miracle the Lions are) you need experience and someone comfortable and no one in the NH is better for this than Murray.

Webb is better than Murray

Chris Henry's try vs Osperys...

I guess Webb is another case of Welsh Hype. Theres a reason Gatland only waited to 2014 to give him a proper go at Scrum Half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Will he get an ounce of space against NZ though?

They will either give him an ounce of space, or they will have to commit extra pillars to the ruck to watch him and create space for someone else. Webb is a class scrum half and Murray will complement him off the bench or as a change of pace in the second test.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Will he get an ounce of space against NZ though? If the Lions where going on tour to the Fiji,Samoa etc he would be perfect! Against NZ defence will be rock solid, he might get a good chance to score when NZ are 40+ points up, then he is perfect. When your in a tight match (if by some miracle the Lions are) you need experience and someone comfortable and no one in the NH is better for this than Murray.

Now I know you have to be taking the p*ss given he was superb against NZ this summer. He was the one taking the game to NZ and dictating the match, scoring a try to put Wales ahead in the opening test.

errlloyd wrote: »
    They will either give him an ounce of space, or they will have to commit extra pillars to the ruck to watch him and create space for someone else. Webb is a class scrum half and Murray will complement him off the bench or as a change of pace in the second test.

I dont know why I'm even wasting my time debating something that is clear and obvious right in front of you. All I say is wait till the first test. Gatland picked Murray when he was still average and since then has gone to new heights so I dont see why Gatland won't pick him now. Webb is the sort of Scrum half fans love and Murray is the sort of scrum half coaches love. Good example is the whole Sexton/Farrell argument from 2013, loads of fans wanted to see Farrell play as he was more exciting yet Sexton played 2 full matches and most of the 3rd one. Thats what your going to see here in regards to Murray/Webb, The fact people are calling Webb the best scrum half in the NH after just a handful of matches in the past 2 years indicates its just hype. Im done debating this tbh, its recking my head now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

I dont know why I'm even wasting my time debating something that is clear and obvious right in front of you. All I say is wait till the first test. Gatland picked Murray when he was still average and since then has gone to new heights so I dont see why Gatland won't pick him now. Webb is the sort of Scrum half fans love and Murray is the sort of scrum half coaches love. Good example is the whole Sexton/Farrell argument from 2013, loads of fans wanted to see Farrell play as he was more exciting yet Sexton played 2 full matches and most of the 3rd one. Thats what your going to see here in regards to Murray/Webb, The fact people are calling Webb the best scrum half in the NH after just a handful of matches in the past 2 years indicates its just hype. Im done debating this tbh, its recking my head now.

That's gas! Farrell was the more exciting player?

Sexton was far and away the favourite to start in the season leading up to the Lions, even amongst English fans
    while Farrell wasn't even 2nd choice. That's not even addressing the bizarre idea that Farrell was seen as an exciting player, I'm not sure what's exciting about him in comparison to Sexton...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Murray is better than Webb

This is how we do it right?

Nailed it.

Sure look, it's all very subjective but I think Webb is a class act and is 90% certain to be the Lions SH come the summer.

You're not even debating, you're making things up and stating them as fact and getting frustrated when people point things out to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭penybont exile

What has Webb done so? You know, apart from being injured?

Looking forward to having some fun with you ........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Murray vs Webb is boring.

Can we just compare our dick sizes instead. Thanks.

(Webb was excellent vs NZ and is currently ahead of Murray in the pecking order)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

That's not fair Swiwi most people on here don't have a deck

Game of the weekend doesn't involve an Irish side, fairly rare occurence in the Pro 12
    Cardiff Blues: Matthew Morgan; Alex Cuthbert, Cory Allen, Rey Lee-Lo, Tom James; Gareth Anscombe, Lloyd Williams; Gethin Jenkins (capt), Kristian Dacey, Taufa'ao Filise, George Earle, Josh Turnbull, Sam Warburton, Ellis Jenkins, Josh Navidi.

Replacements: Matthew Rees, Rhys Gill, Scott Andrews, Macauley Cook, Nick Williams, Tomos Williams, Steven Shingler, Blaine Scully.

Glasgow Warriors: Stuart Hogg, Tommy Seymour, Nick Grigg, Peter Horne, Lee Jones, Rory Clegg, Ali Price, Gordon Reid, Fraser Brown, Zander Fagerson, Tim Swinson, Jonny Gray (captain), Rob Harley, Ryan Wilson, Josh Strauss.

Replacements: Pat MacArthur, Alex Allan, Sila Puafisi, Greg Peterson, Lewis Wynne, Grayson Hart, Mark Bennett, Rory Hughes.

Referee: George Clancy (IRFU)

Assistant referees: Gary Conway (IRFU), Simon Rees (WRU)

Citing commissioner: Chris Morgan (WRU)

Absolute shame it's not on television.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Cardiff leading 20-14 at halftime. Sounds like a cracker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Cardiff won 23-19. They're away to Zebre next and then host Leinster.

Cardiff are comfortably the best Welsh team. Is it me or do the other Welsh teams lack pace? For me when ever they attack they look as if there jogging yet with Cardiff and most of the Irish teams they seem to be loads of pace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

Cardiff are comfortably the best Welsh team. Is it me or do the other Welsh teams lack pace? For me when ever they attack they look as if there jogging yet with Cardiff and most of the Irish teams they seem to be loads of pace.

But will they implode by the end of the season as you suggest in post #127? There you also predict Ospreys will finish ahead of them. Do you still think that?

But will they implode by the end of the season as you suggest in post #127? There you also predict Ospreys will finish ahead of them. Do you still think that?

After what happened to Scarlets last season who knows? On paper and on form Cardiff are easily the best Welsh team but they are a team that I feel will implode if they go on a losing streak (Similarly happened to Scarlets last season). The reason I felt Osperys could edge it is they have the pedigree ( easily the most successful Welsh side) and know what there doing. Do I think Osperys will finish higher? I honestly haven't a clue after 3 games, anything can happen, the pro12 is easily the most unpredictable league in the NH. At this moment in time if I had to make a prediction I would say no, Cardiff I feel will finish higher at this moment in time...but, ask me after 2 more games and I could completely change my mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Ospreys have the bonus point wrapped up and it's not half time yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Ospreys have the bonus point wrapped up and it's not half time yet.

Six tries now ......46 minutes gone....this is a rout.

Treviso down to 14 men
    This is gonna become a cricket score before the end. Ospreys 36-3 up, 28 mins to go.

• Advertisement

Treviso down to 14 men
    This is gonna become a cricket score before the end. Ospreys 36-3 up, 28 mins to go.
    McKinley gets a yellow for a high tackle which prevented a try....penalty try.

vienne86 wrote: »
    McKinley gets a yellow for a high tackle which prevented a try....penalty try.
    Now it's 6 tires ;)

Pretty soft penalty try. No ospreys players even complained about the "high" tackle either.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Adbrowne

Third Treviso player gets yc. Tip tackle

Oh lord.....four more tries for Treviso in the second half........so far.

57-3 now
    12 mins to go.

64-3 AWJ try.

Is there anywhere to get highlights of the Leinster match? I missed it live and then missed the highlights show on TG4. I can't see anywhere to watch it again, BBC or TG4 at the moment.

Try for the Italians! :D

Try for Treviso just on FT.

Ospreys 64 Treviso 10.....nice conversion by McKinley.

TG that's over though!

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,830 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Great conversion by McKinley.

Some hammering though!

Ospreys points difference after to only 3 games is +129

I know it reduces our chances but it's good to see Glasgow, Cardiff and Ospreys start well. It's much better for the league than just having Irish dominate.

I know it reduces our chances but it's good to see Glasgow, Cardiff and Ospreys start well. It's much better for the league than just having Irish dominate.

From a Leinster point of view, we should be making hay now - we have a tough enough finish to the season.....we certainly should have got a TBP against Treviso.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,816 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

I notice the Pro12 website have removed the ability to see what broadcasters are televising the games.
    Or maybe with the change in design I haven't seen it.

Very hard to know now what games are on where. The tv rights are a bit of a joke broken up between all the partners.

I'd often praise TG4 but their coverage is piss poor. They don't even put a proper highlights show together.

I notice the Pro12 website have removed the ability to see what broadcasters are televising the games.
    Or maybe with the change in design I haven't seen it.

Very hard to know now what games are on where. The tv rights are a bit of a joke broken up between all the partners.

I'd often praise TG4 but their coverage is piss poor. They don't even put a proper highlights show together.

http://www.pro12rugby.com/broadcast-schedule/

• Advertisement

That's the link I am talking about. Its design has changed and it just shows team names and scores. Either that or something is up with my browser. Maybe I am not scrolling across.

That's the link I am talking about. Its design has changed and it just shows team names and scores. Either that or something is up with my browser. Maybe I am not scrolling across.

Have you scrolled down to the games that haven't already taken place?

Have you scrolled down to the games that haven't already taken place?

I have and there is no details.

I have and there is no details.

That's strange, it might be a browser issue perhaps. If you go to this link does it load an image for you?

That's strange, it might be a browser issue perhaps. If you go to this link does it load an image for you?

All I get is a tiny SkySports logo at the top.

I know this might seem a bit far fetched but could broadcasters have asked for it to be removed because they didn't want viewers watching an alternative channel.

Anyway if it has been removed it will be a pain in the ass to find out what games are on where.

I also find the start times for Pro12 to be too varied. Some games starting at 7.05, others at 7.35 and so on. It doesn't make for a good viewing experience.

• Advertisement

All I get is a tiny SkySports logo at the top.

I know this might seem a bit far fetched but could broadcasters have asked for it to be removed because they didn't want viewers watching an alternative channel.

Anyway if it has been removed it will be a pain in the ass to find out what games are on where.

I also find the start times for Pro12 to be too varied. Some games starting at 7.05, others at 7.35 and so on. It doesn't make for a good viewing experience.

No it hasn't been removed, it's still there and it works. It just seems to not be working for you for some reason. It looks like this:

JXGGSQB.png

No it hasn't been removed, it's still there and it works. It just seems to not be working for you for some reason. It looks like this:

JXGGSQB.png

Are you viewing that on a laptop?

Got it sorted. If you tilt the phone into landscape it brings up the broadcasters.
    Cheers. Bad design though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Yeah doesn't show for me in portrait either. (using Chrome on Android). They seem to be still developing the site though so hopefully it will get fixed

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

vienne86 wrote: »
    From a Leinster point of view, we should be making hay now - we have a tough enough finish to the season.....we certainly should have got a TBP against Treviso.

Looking at what we'd have expected from our opening 3 games vs what we got:

Expected 5 vs Treviso, got 4
    Expected 1 vs Glasgow, got 0
    Expected 4 vs Edinburgh, got 5

So overall we're only a point off where we might have expected to be. I'm happy enough with that tbh given everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Huge round coming up; Leinster v Ospreys and Glasgow v Ulster. With two home wins, and Munster hosting Edinburgh, we could have five teams with 3 wins from 4.

Cardiff go to Zebre so should keep up their 100% record and go top.

A good competitive start to the season.

Huge round coming up; Leinster v Ospreys and Glasgow v Ulster. With two home wins, and Munster hosting Edinburgh, we could have five teams with 3 wins from 4.

Cardiff go to Zebre so should keep up their 100% record and go top.

A good competitive start to the season.

I'd expect Ulster to beat Glasgow to be honest, Ulster have more gears go up than Glasgow plus being on AstroTurf will suit Ulster just as much as Glasgow. I haven't been that impressed with Glasgow, there only performance that impressed me was the win over Connacht but with Zebre almost rapping up a try bonus point before half time that doesn't look nearly as impressive now.

I'd expect Ulster to beat Glasgow to be honest, Ulster have more gears go up than Glasgow plus being on AstroTurf will suit Ulster just as much as Glasgow. I haven't been that impressed with Glasgow, there only performance that impressed me was the win over Connacht but with Zebre almost rapping up a try bonus point before half time that doesn't look nearly as impressive now.

Ulster have serious issues putting opportunities away so far this season. Glasgow have been good so far.

Ulster really need to find the right balance in that backline. Big test for Kiss to get the right blend.

They still have the same tendency to crab across the field and I am not sure if mentally they have that edge yet.

They still need to learn to grind out games and take their penalties when they come and build a score.

Weak in reserve at scrumhalf/10 and in the prop positions. Plus their backrow is limited. I guess Henderson will play more at 6 which is not his best position.

I just think their pack isn't good enough to give the backline the platform it needs.

Be interesting to see what happens when Payne comes back. I'd prefer to see him at fullback. Maybe try Piatau at 13.

Adbrowne wrote: »
    Ulster have serious issues putting opportunities away so far this season. Glasgow have been good so far.

I feel next weekend everyone in Europe will sit up and take notice of Ulster. Not to take anything away from Glasgow but Leinster handed them a get out of jail card which the took and they where beaten by Cardiff so they haven't been that impressive, they have been good but that is all. Ulster went up a gear vs Scarlets and I expect them to go up another gear next week and therefore expect them to win.

• Advertisement
Advertisement