Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dji Phantom 4 -22%

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Notch000

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭liamtimdusty

Notch000 wrote: »

Pretty much everything on that website is very competitive price wise.
    For example - http://store.dji.com/product/phantom-3-standard?gclid=CI3HzJet3M0CFUOe2wodCbUJzA

Same model from DJI is €600 down from €900

• Registered Users Posts: 33,694 ✭✭✭✭listermint

listermint wrote: »

Completely different specs, longer battery life and better camera being the ones I'd have most interest in!

Completely different specs, longer battery life and better camera being the ones I'd have most interest in!

huh ? A phantom 3 is a phantom three, you can buy all the peripherals addtionally. the one you just linked is a phantom 3 standard for 599, the one i linked is also a phantom 3 standard but for 509.

Up to you what you want to spend.

• Advertisement

Completely different specs between 3 standard and 4 which is what I originally posted.

Notch000 was asking was the price on the website I suggested for a phantom 3 also good
    (http://www.eglobalcentral.eu/dji-phantom-3-standard-rtf-kit-djip3std-en.html?idRecommendation=4-15599&idPrevPage=1237)

I only linked the DJI store as a comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

listermint wrote: »
    huh ? A phantom 3 is a phantom three, you can buy all the peripherals addtionally. the one you just linked is a phantom 3 standard for 599, the one i linked is also a phantom 3 standard but for 509.

Up to you what you want to spend.

You're not comparing like with like.

The 4 is a completely different animal.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Maestro84

Has anyone ever bought anything from that site?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Maestro84 wrote: »
    a few used it on here buying nexus stuff awhile back

http://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?subforums=1&forum=346&query=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.eglobalcentral.eu

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭stesaurus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,959 ✭✭✭Doge

Huge thread on it here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057154505

Its a chinese site but most stuff is shipped from the UK so no customs, except for one unlucky sod towards the end of fhe thread.

Custom service is poor, they only seem to respond if you threaten them with a paypal dispute or file a claim.

I ordered something to the value of €105 2 weeks ago and it came quickly from, the UK, took them longer than 48 hours to give me a tracking number though.

Completely different specs between 3 standard and 4 which is what I originally posted.

Notch000 was asking was the price on the website I suggested for a phantom 3 also good
    (http://www.eglobalcentral.eu/dji-phantom-3-standard-rtf-kit-djip3std-en.html?idRecommendation=4-15599&idPrevPage=1237)

I only linked the DJI store as a comparison.
    ucd.1985 wrote: »
    You're not comparing like with like.

The 4 is a completely different animal.

Where in any of my posts was i referring to the 4!?

I was giving the OP a better price on the 3 which they posted one for 100 Euro more.

Clearly lost in translation. If you want a 4 stop posting links to the 3 ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Technology moving fast n drones at the moment, will probably be got for half that price in 6 months

• Registered Users Posts: 46 problemnext

Thinking about buying the Phantom 3 Standard from this website. Any now if its definitely shipped from the UK/Eu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

Am ready to take the plunge on one of these models.

Seems cheapest around. Anyone any other sources?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Are the battery life specs on the newer Phantoms usually true specs? I know from earlier drones it can vary a lot and not be representative of the said battery life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Was looking at Phantom 3 standard on donedeal a few weeks ago. There were 2 sellers in Dublin selling them new for around €450. Currently the 3 professional available for $699 in the US if you have a way of getting it over. Great price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭Reati

Corholio wrote: »
    Are the battery life specs on the newer Phantoms usually true specs? I know from earlier drones it can vary a lot and not be representative of the said battery life.

No, they are not. They are in ideal tested conditions. I'd knock about 5mins off them for real world no wind performance.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Yeah, I buy phones and other tech from them. Excellent every time. Be prepared for a 1-2 week delivery though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Reati wrote: »
    No, they are not. They are in ideal tested conditions. I'd knock about 5mins off them for real world no wind performance.

If it's anyway cold I've seen them last only a couple of minutes before it forces you call it back in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 62 ✭✭yoppy

If it's anyway cold I've seen them last only a couple of minutes before it forces you call it back in.

jaysus, piece of sh1t.

Depends on a bunch of things but yeah, you aren't meant to fly the consumer ones in very cold weather or use a battery that is less that 25 degrees. You should warm the battery before flying and then the machine should keep it there. But flying to warm it up but burns through the juice faster.

The newer professionals ones, (think inspire 2) actually have heaters built into the battery areas to warm it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Keeping an eye on the price of these at present, does anyone know if a Phantom 5 is due in the coming months which may knock the price further?

Out of interest for anyone with a 4 already, I know your not supposed to fly it without line of sight ect, but in practice given the quoted range on them, is it possible to fly it safely say 1km using only the view on your tablet/phone screen without the chance of it disappearing on you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭N64

Would avoid the website at all costs. If you get a faulty item, based upon many experiences here, it seems you are SOL.

5500 wrote: »
    Out of interest for anyone with a 4 already, I know your not supposed to fly it without line of sight ect, but in practice given the quoted range on them, is it possible to fly it safely say 1km using only the view on your tablet/phone screen without the chance of it disappearing on you?

Plenty of videos on YouTube of the upper ranges of these drones if you are curious but

a) You will likely lose it (eventually). I've been flying lots of drones for years now and once you are past ~200 meters it becomes impossible to pilot by eye if you lost orientation. If you lose the signal to the RC /screen the drone is left to it's own devices to get back to you. Also, it takes time to get back and if you have a head wind and you lose battery you lose the drone. I've seen people here lose drones doing these kind of flights to "show off".

b) It's illegal here. You need to maintain line of sight because at 1 KM you are too far to react to your screen dying. You are also unable to see the sky around you so anything like a coast gaurd heli or a dude in a microlight etc could hit you. Sure the odds are tiny but the Coast Guard had a near miss during a rescue over in Mayo during the summer. The limits are legislated for and can be used to prosecute you if break em.

c) There is a lot of paranoia about drones. Professional drone pilots will (and I mean will) gladly report you to the IAA if they see videos like this on social sites, facebook youtube etc. They pay a ton to get licenses and insured and don't like stuff giving drones are bad name so they don't like messing about.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Ive seen some on YouTube with really long ranges where it was obvious that line of sight was well gone, but wondered if it was the somewhat unspoken thing that was done with them given the info you posted above, for the price they cost it seems a huge gamble to take.

Regarding eglobalcentral, I've bought various items from them before, some of the items were shipped from HongKong by DHL but I wasn't hit for vat/duty, presuming it was prepaid as the value was marked correctly. I did have some issues before with an order and their customer service can be dismal, in one case just trying to get a refund for a phone that went out of stock took about a month of hounding them.

Another note to watch is that the .co.uk site tends to be a bit cheaper when you convert to euro, and you'll nearly always find an additional money off coupon too, GREAT2017 gives you €20 / £17 extra off the Phantom 4 but Google is your friend for codes to add in your cart

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

Cheapest I've seen these (phantom 4) in a bricks and mortar in Dublin was €1200.

In saying that, guy that owns the shop reckons the phantom 5 is imminent, so that'll prob knock down the price of the 4 a good bit.

I was ready to pick one up on Amazon, £999. But the better part of me is resisting now for a price drop.

Would I be as well to just bite the bullet and grab a 3 advanced?

In saying that, guy that owns the shop reckons the phantom 5 is imminent, so that'll prob knock down the price of the 4 a good bit.
    Doubt it - they just release the Phantom 4 Pro, Inspire 2 and Mavic Pro. The P5 won't be till the summer at earliest.
    To be honest, depends on what you are using the drone for. I had a P3 pro and it was a workhorse of a drone. So solid and did everything you could ask of a drone. The P4 has some fancy tech to stop it crashing into things and a fast sport mode but it has plenty of bugs and 10 minutes on the DJI forums is enough to pick anyone off it! I managed never to crash a P3 over 14 months of use.
    You can get great deals on Adverts on a P3 Pro and a few batteries (that's where I think DJI get people with 150 - 189 for OEM batteries and unfortunately you will need them if you want to go off for the day flying)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭bogman

N64 wrote: »
    Would avoid the website at all costs. If you get a faulty item, based upon many experiences here, it seems you are SOL.
    Not true, ordered two Phantom 4 batteries just before Christmas, arrived this morning and at 109.99€ they each represent a massive saving over local prices, €169.95-€189.99, never had a problem with Eglobal.

Advertisement