Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tell us about your new improved government regulations compliant cycle part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

Daroxtar wrote: »
    Well, better late than never but here goes.

Tl;dr 6 days in Asturias, Northern Spain. Heap of hills, Vuelta and missed not one single meal.

Five of us from the Clonard club flew into Santander last Wednesday the 4th. It was my 4th trip to that part of the country so I was being held responsible for success or failure of the expedition ;)
    I picked up the van for the bikes, the other lads hired a car and off we set to our guest house just outside Cangas de Onis, at the base of the famous Lagos de Covadonga climb. The first inkling of what lay ahead was a km @ close to 10% from the main road up to the lodgings.
    Plenty of fun and games that evening assembling the bikes. A lost seat post wedge, di2 problems and a tangled internally routed brake cable left a few heads being scratched but we got all sorted and set for the morning.

Day 1- Covadonga and Sotres. First climb of the day, straight out the door and within 2km we were climbing. Covadonga is a great climb. A hell of a tough climb with the main body of the climb being approximately 9km@9% followed by a few descents and some more climbing before rounding the lake and hitting the café for the first of many coffee stops. Then an absolute ripper of a descent. Fast but technical, a great buzz. Typically for Irish lads away, we passed a bunch of cyclists from Edenderry on the way up as we were descending.... Ya can't go anywhere....
    Then 30km over the road to Arenas for the Sotres climb. On the profile there's a minor bump between the 2 but the reality is closer to the Wicklow gap than a motorway flyover, about 6km @5%. Naturally we couldn't go up our second HC climb of the day after that without having another stop so we had another coffee and some a light dinner. And a glass of wine. And cake.
    Sotres is a very different animal to Covadonga. The road up is breathtaking, sheer canyon walls towering close to a thousand foot straight up over head. The road ramps up to 10% and above for the first 4km before the canyon opens out to a lush, beautiful valley for a couple of km. That's lulling you into a false sense of security because a km from the village it goes around a switchback and then bloodies your nose with sustained ramps of between 15 and 20%. We regrouped in the village and decided that an ice-cream was in order before hurtling back down and back the way we came. Of course the small matter of the "bump" in the road had to be climbed again on the way back. And then the little kicker up to the house. Finished the day with about 130km, 3400m climbed. https://www.strava.com/activities/2682518209

Day 2- Alto del Torno and Mirador del Fito
    The lesson to be learned from the second day was not to trust technology. We looked at a slightly easier route as a couple of the lads were slightly traumatised from the previous day. They had thought they were on "holiday" but found out they were on a "cycling trip". First up was Del Torno. Now strava says it's 14km @3% and that's what we took it at but after a few km there's a sharp drop before the climbing starts again and this time it's closer to 10%than 3. That's followed by a fantastic descent through a narrow valley and again another couple km close to the now very familiar 10%. Eventually we crested and regrouped atop a glorious pass with views all across the Picos Europa behind us and a sweeping valley down to the Cantabrian sea and bay of Biscay in front. This is a very underrated climb, rarely used in the Vuelta and unheard of outside the area but anyone who visits the area should really think of checking it out.
    We dropped quickly down to the coast and rolled into Ribadasella where 5 large portions of Tortilla, teas, coffees and cake was enjoyed by all. Then Google maps was called into play "sure how lost can we get?"
    Well, lost enough. Using Google maps on "bike" settings sends you down some very narrow roads. "Keep the sea on our right, we'll be grand...." Hmmm. We were on the Camino, pilgrims meandering west and us amongst them. Then a moment of near death clarity. As we rounded a corner the road pitched downward steeply and became a pair of concrete wheel tracks either side of a cobbled path with walls either side. Clipping the edge of the cobbles while swerving to avoid a pothole sent me into a speed wobble at about 30 kmh and I proceeded to take both sides of the road with me while trying to slow down. I couldn't jam on as I'd have locked up and ended up bouncing off the cobbles. One crash per season is enough for me, so all I could do was hang on for dear life and gradually slow myself down with a stream of fúks. When we got to the bottom of the hill we were guided down a sand road at which point I said "Get us the f... off this track and back to the main road". We rolled on over to Llastres and demolished a load of pizza and some more coffee. Then more Di2 problems meant a few delays before we finally started the climb up Mirador Del Fito. That was a tough climb in late afternoon sunshine. Its a fairly relentless 8-10% for 8km but a fantastic view at the top. We needed a beverage. Then a lovely fast descent down to Arriondas. Finished the "easier" day on the road with 110km and 2350m climbed. 5 and a half hours moving time, 9 and a half hours out of the house. https://www.strava.com/activities/2685241719

Day 3- Cassielles and the Vuelta.
    Cassielles is a gem. We cycled about 30km up the Beyos Gorge to the start of the climb. 23 hairpins in 2.7km @nearly 13%average gradient. Just over a hundred metres between each hairpin so you can hit each section and break it down in your head. The views, like so much of the area, really have to be seen. You can take all the photos you like but they never do justice. I couldn't really take too many pics anyway as my camera on the phone was banjaxed. It's also hard to convey the steepness of some of the climb accurately unless you have a masochistic streak that regularly takes you to places like Kilmashogue or Truskmore. At one point near the top a pig with one lame leg jumped out of the bushes and sprinted past me as I fought with gravity to keep my back wheel from slipping and my front wheel from lifting.
    The descent was tough because unlike most of the roads over here, Cassielles had a rough, gravelly surface with lots of loose chippings for about half of its length.
    A descent like that needs refreshments afterwards. There was a small bar right in the middle of the canyon. I went in and ordered with my basic espanol. Got myself a bocadillo made from the hardest bread and driest ham I've ever eaten. My buddies tried to order and were given the choice of ham or cheese. Not both.
    After several attempts at getting a ham AND cheese bocadillo, the owner just shrugged, stared them out of it, said No and handed out the ham ones. In places like this you take what you have been given.
    Chastened and refuelled, we set off at speed down the Desfiladero Los Beyos and never stopped till we reached the coast almost 50 km away in Ribadasella where we caught the Vuelta going through. I managed to out-manouver several locals to grab Philipe Gilbert's bottle as he chucked it so that was a nice souvenir for the day. We also managed to get some ice cream into us before we got home with 115km on the clock and 1650m climbed. https://www.strava.com/activities/2687636141

Day 4- Angliru
    There's not much to be said about the Angliru that hasn't been said already. It's a brutal beast of a climb, no question about it. Now I've been here before. Twice, and in all reality it's probably more than enough to do it once but I just like to keep coming back. Something just keeps calling me back. What's rarely mentioned in all the talk of how tough it is, is that it's such a beautiful climb if you can get a moment between breaths to look around. We drove over to the village at the base, Riosa, and just went for it from the start. The first few km are very doable so you treat them as the warm up. From km 6 to 8 it's a whole lot tougher, ramps up to 21% and a good long stretch between 12 and 15. Then at 9km all hell breaks loose and you get the living sh¡t kicked out of you with a km @17.5%, maximum of 23.5%. Even when you get around that, it never drops below 13 to the top with 2 more nasty sections hitting 18 and 21% before dropping briefly to a car park. No café, no photographers, just cowbells and prone cyclists gasping and asking themselves WTF have they just done that for.
    My only goal was to make it up without stopping so I took it really easy. I never let my hr much above 150 and climbed it easier than ever before. I could see a mate struggling on the steepest section above me, weaving over and back. Then I saw another mate behind me in similar fashion. Nice and easy I reached the top of the steepest section and then without warning my front wheel lifted, I skidded sideways and put my foot down to stop myself falling over.
    I nearly fcked the bike off the mountain, then briefly considered going down to start again before just accepting defeat and clipping in to finish it off. With my temper up I actually put in some effort and set a pr on the next segment. However, failure is failure, so the only thing I can do is to come back again and right the wrong :D
    My mates have no such desire.

We had a hell of a reality check on the descent. After 3km fighting the slope and shoulders and wrists beginning to ache, we pulled over for a couple of pics on the steepest hairpin. As we watched a cattle truck barely make it up, belching smoke and burning clutch, a shot rang out. One of the guys rear tubes exploded from the heat of the rim and blew the tyre right off the wheel. If we'd passed that corner, someone would have been on a trip to the hospital.
    We needed coffee and Tortilla to settle our nerves and so we continued back to the start and refuelled.
    After that we climbed El Cordal. It's one of the most used climbs in the Vuelta and well worth giving a shot. We got to the top then turned off onto the Cuchu Puercu. That was the most potholed road I've ever seen in 43 years, many of which spent in the bogs of the Sligo/Mayo border. It was however a road with great character and some lovely views and it linked us nicely over to the Corbetoria, another perennial climb of the Vuelta. We had intended on climbing the Gamoniteiro but at 6pm and about 2 hours of daylight left, 8km@10% was a stretch too far so we went down the Corbetoria to Pola de Lena before climbing El Cordal from the other side and returning to the car. The descent off Corbetoria was insanely fast. It's a wide, smooth, sweeping road with only a few tight bends and an average of -9%over the 7km we were on. After the blowout earlier we were all a little bit cautious but still had no problem hitting 70kmh in places. The following day the Vuelta descended it hitting 100. Pro's we are not. We finished the day with a meagre 62km but 2550m climbed (2000m inside the first 40!!)
    https://www.strava.com/activities/2691591763

Day 5- La Cubilla and La Vuelta Espana
    This was the one for me. My bucket list. For years I've wanted to be on the side of a mountain, in the middle of the crowd, roaring on the cyclists as they went by.
    The Vuelta is my race. I love the unpredictability, the savage gradients, the real passion of the crowds. I'm a Vuelta geek. I read Spanish forums about obscure climbs in remote outposts. Climbs that all the locals have been crying out for years to have included in the Vuelta. There are 2 that stand out from the crowd far more than any others. One is the Gamoniteiro, the spanish Ventoux, that we abandoned climbing the previous day. The other is La Cubilla. I'd climbed it on 2 previous trips, loving it. It's a long, alpine type climb with majestic views for miles back down the valley. 28km@ 4.5%, with the top 18@6.5.
    Needless to say I had to be there for it's first foray.
    We parked up in Pola de Lena, had a quick coffee and headed up with a couple of bread rolls, biscuits, bananas and chocolate in a backpack. There were droves of cyclist and walkers on the road. Campervans by the dozen parked on the lower stretches. As we got near the top the crowds thickened and around the 4km mark there were a couple of hundred fans piled onto the road roadside at a big hairpin with the best view of the valley below. They cheered every cyclist that passed, slapping the hoardings and roaring encouragement before erupting into laughter. We continued up and the fog came down to meet us. We got to the flamme rouge where we were turned back by security and we returned to the 4km mark. Then the movistar van arrived with music blaring and parked beside us adding to the party vibe. Plenty of bottles were thrown to the crowds, plastic hands and musettes too.
    Then the helicopters appeared and shortly afterwards, the cyclists. We could see the break happening as Brambilla and Fulsgang took off. As they got near us the noise got up and we all shouted and roared them on. One by one they passed, even the slowest was moving at a fair pace. Sam Bennett looked like he was dying, seriously suffering. The biggest cheers of the day were for Angel Madrazo who was still fighting to keep his KOM Jersey and Roger Kluge who took the p¡ss and cycled up through the crowd, laughing and swinging his hands as if walking.
    Then we heard the result from the radio and a short while later the Guardia Civil allowed us to descend the way we came. The pros had to come back the same way so we pulled over when we heard their whistles until we got to a nice steady open section and then we hung on to a few of them for a couple of km back to their busses.
    Finished up with just over 72km and 1600m and one of my favourite days out on the bike.
    https://www.strava.com/activities/2694289908

Day 6
    The rain hit, and it hit in biblical portions. So we did no cycling but ate 2 lunches and 2 dinners. Found a great cake shop too so ate some cake as well.
    And that was that.
    Came home with sore quads, 2 extra kilos and some great memories.
    Asturias, I'll be back.

I've just finished a few days cycling around Cantabria, Asturias and the Picos myself. If you passed a guy off the bike gasping for breath with a pair of shoes hanging off his pannier bag, chances are it was me.

I'm very much a casual cycllist (the odd spin up to Glencullen / Sallygap), so got the absolute **** kicked out of me by Lagos de Covadonga. Puerto de San Glorio was lovely, though a drag with the added weight. Such a great part of Spain to visit. Some of the scenery in the Picos is simply mind-blowing. The descent from Panderrueda through the Puerto de Ponton back down to Cangas probably stood out the most for me.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

What a cracker of a day out there. Went for a lunch time spin of 45km at 28km/h average with a climb up Howth through the village thrown in. Far too many bad overtakes and usual messing about by drivers. But what can you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

carlop wrote: »
    I've just finished a few days cycling around Cantabria, Asturias and the Picos myself. If you passed a guy off the bike gasping for breath with a pair of shoes hanging off his pannier bag, chances are it was me.

I'm very much a casual cycllist (the odd spin up to Glencullen / Sallygap), so got the absolute **** kicked out of me by Lagos de Covadonga. Puerto de San Glorio was lovely, though a drag with the added weight. Such a great part of Spain to visit. Some of the scenery in the Picos is simply mind-blowing. The descent from Panderrueda through the Puerto de Ponton back down to Cangas probably stood out the most for me.

That descent is the road we did on day 3 except we didn't climb the entire length of Ponton, turning back after we climbed Cassielles. I love it over there, might retire to that part of the world if I survive long enough to spend the kids college funds :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭saccades

24 km with 1100m of climbing (inc the wall), tired legs but the route was ace.

Djouce via the start of old pog3.5 route, up the board walks at the top of ballinstoe.

Big grind to the summit of Djouce with just the one dab,and then some savage descending, must get rid of the summer tyres, then off along part of the wicklow way to maulin.

Another tasty set of trails to Crone and then back via the road as i was late.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭CormacH94

saccades wrote: »
    24 km with 1100m of climbing (inc the wall), tired legs but the route was ace.

Djouce via the start of old pog3.5 route, up the board walks at the top of ballinstoe.

Big grind to the summit of Djouce with just the one dab,and then some savage descending, must get rid of the summer tyres, then off along part of the wicklow way to maulin.

Another tasty set of trails to Crone and then back via the road as i was late.

Jesus that sounds great/painful, any map for the route, would love to try it myself

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,973 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

113 km in near perfect conditions bar the wind at times.

Blanchardstown to Maynooth via the back of Carton House. Out to Kilcock, Summerhill and onto Tara. I met a sportive around Tara and had to tell a few Marshalls along the way I wasn't one of theirs.

Scones at Tara looked a bit meagre so I forged on. Skyrne,Ardcath. Met Magicbastarder between there and Four Knocks and then turned off for Naul and coffee. No scones left so I had to settle for Carrot Cake (first world problems)

Refueled after 80kms I set off and turned for Coolquay rather than Oldtown or Bayboughal, eager to guarantee 100km. Then on to Kilbride and home.

Did it in 4hr mins at just under 28kmph. Managed 866 metres too, which is not much but still

Was bothered by a surprising amount of wasps in their dying throes when they get a bit fighty but are easy to bat away. Also got hot by something falling from a tree on my leg. Autumn is coming!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,660 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Weepsie wrote: »
    Scones at Tara looked a bit meagre so I forged on. Skyrne,Ardcath. Met Magicbastarder between there and Four Knocks and then turned off for Naul and coffee.
    my legs were just beginning to tire quite a bit on me at that point. a couple too many pints last night/minor head cold is what i'll choose to blame.
    weirdly, at that point i felt more comfortable up out of the saddle in a big gear than seated in an easy gear.

anyway, 64km, 700m climbing. lovely day for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Damp, dreary, misty and muggy 75km this morning but enjoyed it all the same.

Gave one segment a proper go but landed 8 secs short of the KOM despite an all time 1 min power number, guess I won't be getting that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭coddlesangers

Back on the back after a break of 3 weeks as moving house....oh sweet baby jesus. Did 700m odd of climbing in roughly 32km, trying my best to stay in the saddle for the whole thing, but when I finished I was walking like John Wayne. Clearly my break has had the knock on effect of removing whatever layer of protective padding my ass had built up over the season.... https://www.strava.com/activities/2728048605

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

I'm taking the second hand bike back for a refund because they said if I took it to another supplier to be fixed it would void my agreement with them and I wouldn't be able to get a refund.

So I'm in the market for a new bike for commuting (short commute).

My old one was a carrera subway, are there any other reputable makes I should look at?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

My cycle today started strong until I reached the gym in clontarf and hit that pothole by the lights. Bike is now off the road.
    Tour de Dublin will have to be done a different day

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭wheelo01

Got out yesterday, Drimnagh, Tallaght, Rockbrook, pine forest, glencullen, stepaside, Dundrum, terenure, then home.
    Tough days climbing for an auld lad, avoided the rain, but ground was wet, so was sh1tting it coming downhill at speed, as a few posters on here had bemoaned the grip on my gatorskins.
    Only averaged 22kph, but really enjoyed it.

https://strava.app.link/fno3rpXaj0

• Registered Users Posts: 6,212 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Cycled to work today, no issues with traffic or anything which is surprising going from Castleknock into Blanch. Light breeze, not too warm.a

Now it's pissing rain and I'm not sure if I want to go on the R149 into Lucan or take the (potentially) safer option of going Blanch-Chapelizod-Lucan. I've never been down Tower Road which is 10%+ in parts apparently and it's a wet day so braking could be questionable. The alternative is go allllll the way down Chesterfield Ave which probably adds 5km.

14, 18 or 24km...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭shaka

86 with club this morning, handy pace and route. 27 avg.

Did a cycle with work from Dublin to Cork on Friday and Saturday. Friday was 120km with about 700m climbing, while Saturday was 160km with about 1200m climbing. Struggled after about 120km on the second day - climbing legs were gone, and it started lashing rain in Midleton, but a fantastic event which looks like it'll raise tens of thousands for the Irish Cancer Society.

Superbly marshalled by Titan Experiences too (I believe they were doing the Great Dublin Bike Ride today).

• Registered Users Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭dahat

A local Sportive on the cards today, nice handy crowd with a few decent engines to keep the pace ticking over. However one man on a bike cannot keep into a tandem when they decide to put the hammer down!!!

A misty auld day but a satisfying 107km @ 33.9 avg.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭secman

Club dpin today , Gorey , Arklow,woodenbridge , Rathdrum, Laragh, coffee (tea for me) stop and back the same route with small loop around back of Gorey to make it 102km, Avg 29.5 kph. Day really improved after the spin :)

secman wrote: »
    Club dpin today , Gorey , Arklow,woodenbridge , Rathdrum, Laragh, coffee (tea for me) stop and back the same route with small loop around back of Gorey to make it 102km, Avg 29.5 kph. Day really improved after the spin :)

Your club should try the broken chair cafe in Arklow. Lovely food. Well off the main road though and on the gorey side.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭secman

Your club should try the broken chair cafe in Arklow. Lovely food. Well off the main road though and on the gorey side.

Too close on way out and again on way back, finishing gallop is from Arklow to Gorey :)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

A fairly brutal cycle home yesterday evening, and it looks like my cycle this evening will be worse. Hoping the wind lets off a small bit at least before I have to face into it. I think today will be the last of the bike for the week.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Entertaining lunch time cycle up through Masseys which felt like a rain forest in monsoon season. Mud was thick enough on the upper track that I had to get off and push a couple of times as I started sliding backwards while trying to go forwards but the downhill on the way back was great craic. Something about cycling through a muddy forest in the lashing rain really appeals to the child in me and always has me grinning.

492001.jpg

Think I'll be breaking out the full finger gloves if this morning's temp is the norm for the next while.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Utter Consternation

Think I'll be breaking out the full finger gloves if this morning's temp is the norm for the next while.

Ditto this morning. It was bloody chilly out there.

Yep, my first spin out with proper gloves on for this Autumn/Winter season. But it was also bloody gorgeous out this morning, I actually quite like when it's fresh out and I managed to get my layers right this morning too. I'm going to take a wild guess and say that I won't be on the bike until the weekend at least!

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭North of 32

Completed the Münsterland Giro today and succeeded in all my goals :) It was only my 2nd time riding in a group and doing a sportive type event so I didn't know what to expect and was pretty nervous.

106km | Goals:
    Get around safely, no risks and don't put anyone in danger: complete!
    Minimum 34kph avg speed: actual 38.3kph
    Complete within 3 hours: actual 2 hours 50 min
    Drop zero litter: complete!
    Drop everyone in my group on the only hill: complete! :D
    Bonus: I took a few pulls on the front :eek: it really is surreal glancing back and seeing a huge string of cyclists following you.

This was my big goal for the year and I've worked toward it since February. I tried to remember everything I learned from my first sportive, mostly simple things like staying on a wheel, no overlapping, getting on the gas early out of a corner to stay with the group and remembering to eat and drink regularly. I tried to keep an eye also on the front and made sure to bridge across whenever the group I was in was splitting. That was a fun challenge. Cycling in a group is hectic and sketchy at times but it's such a blast. And just like that it's all over! Now I just need to get my act together and join a club and do more events!

I'll pop back into town later and hopefully get a glimpse of some of the pros when they finish their race.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,212 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Went for a 40km last night. Smokey smell in the air, dry and almost no breeze. Bit chilly, could have done with full gloves but aside from that the perfect evening.

I like the Autumn/Winter season, when it's not raining! There's something somewhat peaceful about the dark evenings and the cooler weather. I don't mind the colder temperatures too much either once I'm wrapped up, it's a bit more rewarding in the lazy months.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Did The Ring of Beara yesterday and what a good day for it.

I went clockwise, taking in the Caha Pass early on. It's a much more difficult route than the Ring of Kerry, though that may have something to do with going over an unnamed climb instead of taking the coast road back into Kenmare. That emptied the petrol tank!

The headland around Allihies was far harder than any route profile I'd seen. Spectacular scenary and plenty of yanks still milling about, taking the perfect picture or video for Instagram - 'cause, you know, they weren't there if it wasn't on Insta! Nice fish and chips back in Kenmare.

That's Kerry done now unless I fancy seeing Fungi in Dingle at some stage. Is that right what I heard, he's nearly 40 years old now? Jeepers.

velo.2010 wrote: »
    Did The Ring of Beara yesterday and what a good day for it.
    ;
    ;
    That's Kerry done now

Gets popcorn and waits for some Cork folks to come online :)

Great spin by the way. I've rented a place in Adrigole a couple of times and done the circuit starting at the Healy pass. Allihies is a tough one for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

smacl wrote: »
    Gets popcorn and waits for some Cork folks to come online :)

Great spin by the way. I've rented a place in Adrigole a couple of times and done the circuit starting at the Healy pass. Allihies is a tough one for sure.
    Aha, yes the Beara Peninsula spans both Kerry and Cork. My bad. No offence to anyone from Cork like.

BTW, Kilgarvan is some little Healy-Rae conclave isn't it. They must literally own half the village.

• Advertisement

velo.2010 wrote: »
    Aha, yes the Beara Peninsula spans both Kerry and Cork. My bad. No offence to anyone from Cork like.

BTW, Kilgarvan is some little Healy-Rae conclave isn't it. They must literally own half the village.

Not sure where it was, think somewhere past Inch strand heading towards Dingle, coming around a corner to a monster size poster for Jackie Healy Rae. I suspect their influence runs far and wide in those parts.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement