Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tell us about your new improved government regulations compliant cycle part II

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,660 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

it's damn muggy out. felt like cycling in soup at times earlier.

Even with a light breeze there and a few spits of rain it was draining when I was out earlier. Cycling in soup is the perfect description MB.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭dahat

4hrs solo & steady stuff that became a frustrating first 50km.

2 punctures, lost See Sense light and a panicked search for a bike shop in Cahir to replenish tubes in the saddle bag. To add to this the hot and wet weather I was pretty pissed at 50km.

However I kept on with the rest being uneventful with two nice climbs, Vee & Knockboy made the day better.

123km @ 28.7 avg & 1200m of up.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

dublin-enniskerry-laragh-sallygap-glencree-dublin. ~90km humidity seemed high, not much wind which was good.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭shaka

40 km of struggling today, two weeks of beer, pizza and and lazy ass syndrome saw me struggle today. Will get out again tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭secman

Yesterday headed over to Ferns hoping to meet a buddy cycling from Dublin to Wexford town, timed it well, just got there about 4 min ahead of him, gave him a tow from Ferns to Wexford, he was suffering from the headwind all the way down, i heeded back across the old bridge on the road to Gorey. 86 km avg 28.7 kph
    Buddy did 145km and avg 28.3kph.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

No puncture in a year and now two in a week. Broke pump fixing today’s puncture and had to call the Broom Wagon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭saccades

Stupidly went on a climbing spin today.

Halfway up Brown mtn i knew i had dead legs.

Managed sleeve maan and shay elliot but died 15km from home.

Too much, too soon after a big weekend gone.

78km, 1135m climbing at about 2mph.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭shaka

Another 40 odd km, still weak af. Barely kept 28 avg on handy route

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Loop of Loop head this morning. Mad windy out to the lighthouse leaving me almost at a standstill. Tailwind heading back was a different altogether nicer kind of mental, flying up inclines in a high gear for little or no effort.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭secman

Headed to Gorey for a club spin, out to Ferns at a very sedate pace as the gang were recovering from the Kilkenny sportive, they headed across to Boolavogue, i went on to Enniscorthy and towards Wexford town, went sctoss to Crossabeg, Castlebridge and back main road to ballyedmund and home. 90km avg 27.9 kph
    Windy but dry.

A bit of gravel roading yesterday on the Loop peninsula for something different. Weather was truly biblical, though strong winds after heavy downpours meant I didn't stay wet for particularly long and warm enough that it didn't really matter. Seems to be no shortage of unpaved and semi-paved bohereens around here. Great craic though a bit heavy going on slicks, really need to change to CX tyres for exploring.

487404.jpg

487405.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Took a spin out to Howth on Sunday, my first decent cycle in about 3 years. Lovin been back on the bike, 52km.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I went out, did hard intervals and I'm dead now....

Lovely evening and a pity summer is closing in on us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

Quick spin yesterday evening up to Johnny Fox's, Devil's Elbow, back way over the Scalp and down Puck's Castle and Brides Glen.

Lovely evening skies, not much traffic at all.

Getting dark at 9.30...WTF?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Did the Steepest street in the world over the weekend. Nice little village in Wales.

Average of 37.45% and peaked at 40.8% according to my Garmin.

Took the bike specifically to tackle it! Drove to the village, took the bike out, did it, almost fainted, put the bike back in and had an ice cream.

Its only 300 metres and very doable.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,660 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

...almost fainted...

...very doable...
    hmmm.

hmmm.

Ha Ha!

I did it in walking boots (forgot my cycling shoes) with no warm up and I'm not great on hills.
    HR shot up so felt rough after.
    I.E; If i can do it, its doable

what gearing did you use?

what gearing did you use?

34/12

• Advertisement

34/12

Seriously??? I doubt I'd mange that with 34/32 and would be probably still suffer in my low Deore gear of 26/36

smacl wrote: »
    Seriously??? I doubt I'd mange that with 34/32 and would be probably still suffer in my low Deore gear of 26/36

Sorry - typed on my phone! 34/32

GCN had a video on it last week if I recall, forgot to watch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

54km around the Phoenix Park a few times. Hoping to do around 20km more but 4hrs sleep after a night shift doesn't help.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

GCN had a video on it last week if I recall, forgot to watch it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trDbyQbfHKc

You're welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭deandean

Last Monday bank holiday I did an 80km spin around Wicklow.
    On the way back near the powerscourt estate in enniskerry I came across what looked like a car crash but a few car has stopped after hitting a baby deer on the road. This little fellow was only a couple of months old and I ended up holding it in my arms while a kind lady arranged to bring it to a Vet a couple of hundred yards up the road. As the deer was in my arms it was crying like a baby. A tender moment.
    I was glad i hadn't hit it while on my bike!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Just cycled home from work. Drowned rat!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Utter Consternation

Just cycled home from work. Drowned rat!!!

No lightening?? I was up at half three feeding the baby and a clap of thunder nearly lifted me out of it.

The wind changed yesterday evening and was with me on the cycle home from work.

Nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Went out for a club cycle, got a club swim instead.

Ciao Irish summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,212 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

rushfan wrote: »
    54km around the Phoenix Park a few times. Hoping to do around 20km more but 4hrs sleep after a night shift doesn't help.

What sort of laps are you doing there? Up and down Chesterfield Ave or going around the roads? Never thought of doing some laps there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement