Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO Round A

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 alannahnicole

empacher wrote: »
    Computer Science in NUIG. 26 going to college. First years will seem so young, hopefully a few around my age are doing it.

did you do the access course empacher?

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Mac_Lad71

January wrote: »
    29 here with 4 kids, so the non matures will definitely seem young!

29 I wish...I'm 45 just accepted first Arts UCC..imagine how I feel haha

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Strong Life in Dublin

Guys I received an offer as I technically qualify as an mature student, but i never applied to any courses as a mature student. The course is my last choice course, so I'm hoping I can get a better offer with my PLC results.

My question is, will there be more offers made in round zero? When PLC students are giving offers

Guys I received an offer as I technically qualify as an mature student, but i never applied to any courses as a mature student. The course is my last choice course, so I'm hoping I can get a better offer with my PLC results.

My question is, will there be more offers made in round zero? When PLC students are giving offers

yes there will be offers made for remaining places like if someone defers or just does not accept the course. I'm sure you'll be offered something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Strong Life in Dublin

yes there will be offers made for remaining places like if someone defers or just does not accept the course. I'm sure you'll be offered something else.

When I applied to the cao I said I qualify as a mature student but I never sent in any documents or went to college interviews etc. The reason for this is because I completed a PLC course this year, so this is what I want to get my offers from.

Do you think I can get better offers in round zero?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭A.Partridge

Mac_Lad71 wrote: »
    29 I wish...I'm 45 just accepted first Arts UCC..imagine how I feel haha

Hi Mac,

Congratulations on getting the course of your choice. I'm delighted for you :).

However, at 45 you are a mere child compared to me.

This morning, 6th July, just two days before my 57th birthday, I received notification that I have been accepted to NUIG to study Arts with Creative Writing.

When I graduate I will be 60 :eek:.

Regards,
    A.P.

Computer Science in NUIG. 26 going to college. First years will seem so young, hopefully a few around my age are doing it.

Young? You bet.

Just double your age and add five and you'll be the same age as me! :D

Well done on getting your course.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Juxtapose

Hi Mac,

This morning, 6th July, just two days before my 57th birthday, I received notification that I have been accepted to NUIG to study Arts with Creative Writing.

Regards,
    A.P.

Congrats A.P!
    Age is just a number!

When I applied to the cao I said I qualify as a mature student but I never sent in any documents or went to college interviews etc. The reason for this is because I completed a PLC course this year, so this is what I want to get my offers from.

Do you think I can get better offers in round zero?

oh you will then if your going of PLC results!

Juxtapose wrote: »
    Congrats A.P!
    Age is just a number!

Thanks Juxt ...in my case it's a BIG number :pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

did you do the access course empacher?

yeah did the one in nuig, DFS1 foundation diploma in scienc,enginerring and technology

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭ffocused

I completed a VTOS course last month after being out of education for 19 years.
    Accepted an offer this morning from Carlow IT for Computer Systems Management at Level 7. (My 1st choice )

• Registered Users Posts: 4 md84

Well done everyone, no offer for me this morning.

yeah did the one in nuig, DFS1 foundation diploma in scienc,enginerring and technology

I did the school leavers one, sure we crossed paths at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Mac_Lad71

Hi Mac,

Regards,
    A.P.

Fantastic A.P. Great achievement. Hope it goes well for you.
    We'll show those whippersnappers a thing or two haha

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Samp21

35 years young here.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭leesadin

Accepted my first choice this morning too.. Although I knew I had gotten a place so thankfully didn't have to wait this long! 😄 I'm 29 starting a 5 year course.. I'm really hoping there are a few close to my own age in my course!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Dpg21

Got offered my 1st choice, delighted. And am not to worried about the age gap because I'm still a young lad myself at 24 ha

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Aghoney

51 years old here. Most of the students that I will study Ancient and Medieval History with will be 18, the same age as my daughter, who is also starting college in September. I will probably be older than some of the teachers as well, not that there is anything wrong with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭J98

Anyone else get Software Systems Development in Waterford Institute of Technology?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Samp21

J98 wrote: »
    Anyone else get Software Systems Development in Waterford Institute of Technology?

I had WIT as a second choice after IT Carlow, but I've been to Carlow before, so I just felt a bit of comfort in familarity I think. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Elai147

Hi all, I am hoping I can get some advice on making a decision. I'm considering going back to college as a mature student (36) after being away from higher education for 14 years. I completed a 2-year Level 6 Engineering programme in 2002. Now, I got an offer on my 4th choice: Level 7 Engineering- first year which I am yet to accept. I also applied for advanced entry into year 2 of a level 6 Engineering programme, and luckily I got an offer directly from the college. Now I am confused on which one to accept. Considering the fact that I have been away from higher education for a long time, will it be wise for me to start the level 7 from year one, or go for the advanced entry (year 2) of the Level 6 programme? My intention is to continue my studies till Honours/Masters level in the future.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,138 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Elai147 wrote: »
    Hi all, I am hoping I can get some advice on making a decision. I'm considering going back to college as a mature student (36) after being away from higher education for 14 years. I completed a 2-year Level 6 Engineering programme in 2002. Now, I got an offer on my 4th choice: Level 7 Engineering- first year which I am yet to accept. I also applied for advanced entry into year 2 of a level 6 Engineering programme, and luckily I got an offer directly from the college. Now I am confused on which one to accept. Considering the fact that I have been away from higher education for a long time, will it be wise for me to start the level 7 from year one, or go for the advanced entry (year 2) of the Level 6 programme? My intention is to continue my studies till Honours/Masters level in the future.

I would choose the Level 7 course over the Level 6. You will get into the swing of studying quickly enough.
    Check if the college offering the Level 7 offers the opportunity to go to Level 8. If not, find out from them where you can go to go on to Level 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Elai147

spurious wrote: »
    I would choose the Level 7 course over the Level 6. You will get into the swing of studying quickly enough.
    Check if the college offering the Level 7 offers the opportunity to go to Level 8. If not, find out from them where you can go to go on to Level 8.

Thanks a lot. I got the Level 7 offer from DIT. I will have to confirm from them the options I have after completion. According to my research, there is the opportunity to gain advanced entry to the 3rd year of DIT Level 8 degree programmes, as well as programmes at other HEI.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,138 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Elai147 wrote: »
    Thanks a lot. I got the Level 7 offer from DIT. I will have to confirm from them the options I have after completion. According to my research, there is the opportunity to gain advanced entry to the 3rd year of DIT Level 8 degree programmes, as well as programmes at other HEI.

I think that's the better option. Some Level 6 courses just go to Level 6, but usually a Level 7 will have an opportunity to go directly on to Level 8, depending on exam results etc..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 344 ✭✭Kobe248

Im 30 going to NUIG

You will seem young to me :mad:

Accepted my offer to Arts yesterday

So happy have been waiting 5 years to go back

Did construction based course before twice and quit

It just wasnt for me

Now is my moment to do what I want :D

Advertisement