Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO Round A

Options
  • 02-07-2016 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me after I accept a offer during Round A when will I hear from the college I accepted the course at? Will it be soon after I accept the offer or around September?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Aghoney

The TCD Academic Registry web page gives 20 July as the date for the first Welcome letters to new entrants for the September 2016 intake, which I presume should go to those accepting the 6 July Round A CAO offers. I don't know about other colleges, but I suspect that we should hear from college soon after the deadline for accepting the CAO Round A offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭J98

Does anyone who has accepted a offer in Round A before know?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Joseph.J

I was meant to received an offer this morning from DCU, approved for a deferred course last year. No offer came this morning, any suggestions on how I should proceed?

I followed the procedure from the email to the letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Aghoney

Joseph.J wrote: »
    I was meant to received an offer this morning from DCU, approved for a deferred course last year. No offer came this morning, any suggestions on how I should proceed?

I followed the procedure from the email to the letter.

Do deferred offers come through CAO? The information I have from CAO mentions "non-standard applications" for Round A, which may include deferrals. If that is the case, Round A offers will appear on the CAO website at 10 am on Wednesday 6 July.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Your offer should be out Wednesday with the rest of the offers. Did you make sure to fill in the CAO form properly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 md84

Best of luck to everyone on Wednesday. What did ye apply for.

I applied for Pharmacy Technician in Carlow but I'm not very confident I'll get it, not great at interviews.

Midwifery in Trinity as first choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭LSP

I was notified by UCD that I was accepted before offers are out, but thats for grad entry vet so not exactly mature. I have to officially accept tomorrow :D

LSP wrote: »
    I was notified by UCD that I was accepted before offers are out, but thats for grad entry vet so not exactly mature. I have to officially accept tomorrow :D

Do you mean Wednesday you have to officially accept the course?

J98 wrote: »
    Do you mean Wednesday you have to officially accept the course?

Oh.. I've been in summer mode so long I thought tomorrow was Wednesday, it must be as its with Round A I think?

Edit: Just double checked and my acceptance letter says Round A offers are out 5th of July (tommorow) is that incorrect?

• Advertisement

Oh.. I've been in summer mode so long I thought tomorrow was Wednesday, it must be as its with Round A I think?

Edit: Just double checked and my acceptance letter says Round A offers are out 5th of July (tommorow) is that incorrect?

As far as I know its the 6th of July at 10pm, it doesn't give the correct date on the cao website it just says early July but I emailed cao and they said 6th of July at 10pm.

But when I was emailing WIT they said the date they had was the 5th of July but asked me to double check with the cao.

Emailed DCU, was told to recheck and accept on 5th of July. Contacted CAO was told to recheck and accept on the 6th... Not sure which one is correct...

Not sure if this is of any help but worth checking: cao(dot)ie/help_files/round_dates.php

Joseph.J wrote: »
    Emailed DCU, was told to recheck and accept on 5th of July. Contacted CAO was told to recheck and accept on the 6th... Not sure which one is correct...

I'd say it'll be Wednesday if CAO said that date, WIT said the exact same thing to me.

Well UCD said in their letter 5th of July late afternoon, so UCD and DCU must be getting their info in the same place but if CAO said the 6th then not sure... I really hope it is tomorrow, because I'm going away early morning the 6th so I'll have to make arrangements with someone else to accept it for me...

Well UCD said in their letter 5th of July late afternoon, so UCD and DCU must be getting their info in the same place but if CAO said the 6th then not sure... I really hope it is tomorrow, because I'm going away early morning the 6th so I'll have to make arrangements with someone else to accept it for me...

Yeah WIT said the same, I'll probably just go by what the CAO said. Be nice to get it tomorrow though.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Samp21

I've applied for Software Development in IT Carlow. I rang the admins office yesterday because the CAO website said July 4th! I was told the CAO was processing mature applicaints today, and we'd know tomorrow. So fingers crossed and best of luck to everyone! ;-)

The CAO has updated there website offers will be available from the 6th of July 2016 at 6am, for anyone wondering.

http://www.cao.ie/?page=offerdates

• Registered Users Posts: 26 alannahnicole

what have you all applied for? Im going for Journalism in NUIG but im not expecting it! 6am cant come quick enough!

what have you all applied for? Im going for Journalism in NUIG but im not expecting it! 6am cant come quick enough!

Agreed alannahnicole, I'm setting my alarm for 6am but I'll probably be awake long before then!

• Advertisement

Well I didn't get it anyway haha only got second choice but sure

Sure second choice is still college, well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 lou757

Hi everyone I am delighted got my first choice, nursing in UL , but gutted that I have to defer, as I'm 28 weeks pregnant!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Joejoanne123

I have just checked on the CAO site. Logged on to my application and there it was, an offer for my first choice at IT Sligo for software development. So I clicked on accept. Then I received a text message saying course accepted and that i will be contacted by IT Sligo next and that basically that the CAO have finished their job with me.
    Happy days 🎈🎉🎂

lou757 wrote: »
    Hi everyone I am delighted got my first choice, nursing in UL , but gutted that I have to defer, as I'm 28 weeks pregnant!

Congratulations, and congratulations!

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Mac_Lad71

Got offered Arts in UCC this morning my first choice...delighted

Well done everyone!

allanahnicole, accept your second choice, you could still be offered your first choice in another round.

Got my first choice!

about to accept it now, even if i dont get offered my 1st i can just my masters in it! always a way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Computer Science in NUIG. 26 going to college. First years will seem so young, hopefully a few around my age are doing it.

• Advertisement

empacher wrote: »
    Computer Science in NUIG. 26 going to college. First years will seem so young, hopefully a few around my age are doing it.

29 here with 4 kids, so the non matures will definitely seem young!

Advertisement