Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2016 Mazda 6 diesel, Avensis diesel out something else?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,140 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

SBPhoto wrote: »
    Its well known that bazz26 is very anti Toyota and puts them down at every opportunity I think the new Avensis is a fine car and are still very popular.

Lol, I've owned a few Toyotas in the past including the Avensis so you're talking nonsense and still doesn't change the fact that the current Avensis is a poor outdated car. As I said only real Toyota devotees who wouldn't dare venture outside their comfort zone continue to buy new ones because they only ever bought an Avensis before that one. Drive something else and you'll soon realise how far the current Avensis is behind it's rivals.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Worth noting that the Passat has outsold the Avensis more than 2:1 this year. And that's with all the drama over emissions too.
    Skoda superb is only 25 units behind the Avensis so far this year.

Compare that with 2009 where the Avensis outsold the Superb 6:1 and the Avensis outsold the Passat 1.8:1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,355 ✭✭✭ofcork

R.O.R wrote: »
    Average to drive and not a patch on the Mondeo, Passat or Superb.

1.6 Engine is weak, and feels poor compared to the smaller engined versions of the above.

Reliability isn't what Toyota's used to be. Had issues with quite a few newer models pulling quite hard to the left, and no one can sort that out.

Ive always felt that my 12 avensis is inclined to pull left as well had alignment/tracking done alot and still does it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

Thanks all for the great advice and help. It is very much appreciated.

In the end, it's come down to a choice between a Mondeo 2.0 litre diesel Titanium and the Passat 2.0 diesel Comfortline. Although I suspect the Passat may be a slightly better buy in terms of engine and resale, I think we have more or less decided on the Mondeo. We think the Mondeo is a much nicer car in terms of looks and finish. Also lovely to drive (as is the Passat, in fairness). Lift back in the Mondeo suits our business very well. Finally, getting it for a better price than the Passat (VW dealers really unwilling to budge on price, particularly in Dublin)!

Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Fine choice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

Did the rounds of the garages on Monday and finally got about 14.5% off the list price off a new Mondeo Titanium. It worked out cheaper than the Mazda and significantly cheaper than the Passat. Picked it up yesterday and I'm delighted with it.

Thanks again everyone!

Advertisement