Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SKODA Granfondo Hibernia

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Whats happening

You are. There were signs with numbers ( 1 - 9 ) on the roadside every 15km.

Were they not zones to help pinpoint you if you had an issue, rather than for km's covered / left to do? As said I didn't see any km left to go until 15km out

• Registered Users Posts: 10,282 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

I finished with 166km done.
    A great Sportive , and would travel across to do it again.
    The food stops were a small bit disappointing , especially the first one in Kilrush. If it had to have been raining there was nowhere to shelter or sit?
    The two girls in Doonbeg were brilliant doing their cartwheels and shouting "You made it" !! Made me laugh, and was a welcome distraction from wondering why my Garmin was'nt matching the route distance !.

Brilliant Marshalls and Gardaí , and even though all the hills broke up groups and I could never seem to stay with a group for long because of it, there was good comraderie on the road.
    Thanks to the guys with "FOYLE" on their jerseys , really helped me when I was struggling for a while around the 120km mark.
    All in all, a great day out, and I hope it goes on from strength to strength, as it has the makings of being one of the best in Ireland.

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭harringtonp

diarmaidol wrote: »
    While your time is impressive, you didn't stick to the course ;-P

You took a short cut through to Kilkee the reset of us followed the R486 into Kilrush ;-P

D.

Yes actually I saw the left turn and knew that was where the advertised route went i.e through killimer to kilrush rather the direct. However the lead car and whole front group went straight and knowing the roads and that this was shorter I was more than happy to go along with it ;)

The other deviation from the advertised route was after Quilty where the advertised route had you taking a right on small roads leading through crosses of annagh up to the road from Milltown to the Hand. The lead motor bike and front group went straight up to Spanish point and then turned right instead. While this isn't any shorter (or longer, just 2 opposite sides of a rectangle) more of it is on better roads and its slightly easier riding so was happy to see it work out that way.

Advertisement