Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best 4g (lte) router

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭editorsean

It's actually the same router, but with a black casing. ;)

The 's-22A' bit at the end just confirms it's the European model. The other one that just mentions 'E5186' is most likely the 'E5186s-22A' model also. Indeed the other page lists black as a colour option, which pushes the price up £24 when selected.

It's quite possible the black version is more popular and in turn more profitable for sellers to charge a little extra for those that really want it in black.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭fabsoul

editorsean wrote: »
    It's actually the same router, but with a black casing. ;)

The 's-22A' bit at the end just confirms it's the European model. The other one that just mentions 'E5186' is most likely the 'E5186s-22A' model also. Indeed the other page lists black as a colour option, which pushes the price up £24 when selected.

It's quite possible the black version is more popular and in turn more profitable for sellers to charge a little extra for those that really want it in black.

Thanks I will go for the white :)

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭pedigree

Has anyone any experience of the Asus 4g-n12 or the 4g-ac55u the latter being very expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭settings

It is possible to change the DNS on the Huawei E5186? I have an older Huawei E5172 which is dropping the connection to my devices (I think its DNS related, alot of the time I can't access it - chrome says "homerouter.cpe’s server DNS address could not be found."). It is good otherwise but it happens too often to deal with.
    Thanks

Advertisement