Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need some help here please!?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Flowergirl80

Hey everyone, I'm, going into 5th year in August.

I want to study engineering in uni, and then get a masters in Nanotechnology, but I have 1 problem.

I'm not that great at maths, and to do engineering in Uni, I need a minimum HC3 in higher level maths.

A good chunk of engineering is also built around physics, so I'm stuck at should I do physics for the LC even though I'm not good in maths?

I had to get grinds to get me through the JC, and came out with a C in higher maths.
    I found it very hard to understand the maths in Transition year, and I'm pretty sure I failed the end of year exam. I was getting lower than 30% on all the class tests I took. But, I did get probably the WORST teacher.

I was going to drop down to pass maths, but then I found out I NEED higher.

And I also *kind of* need physics. My subjects I picked for LC already are: Biology, Chemistry, Home Ec and French. I'm contemplating on switching Home Ec for Physics. BUT I don't know what to do because I find maths so hard to grasp!!

Any suggestions guys?? Please ?
    biology or environmental sciences. Please if you want to change the world then how about organic farming? I'm not joking. Don't do what you hate follow your passion, life's precious

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Haemoglobin

biology or environmental sciences. Please if you want to change the world then how about organic farming? I'm not joking

what do you mean by organic farming?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Flowergirl80

what do you mean by organic farming?
    growing organic vegetables and fruits.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Haemoglobin

growing organic vegetables and fruits.

I don't come from a farming background at all, so I don't think I'd be any use in this area. Nevertheless, I've got no interest in farming! :) Thanks for the suggestion, though :)
    spurious wrote: »
    Don't fall for the lie that you have to go straight from school to a university course. You're much better getting out in the world and finding out what you actually have a passion for.

thanks for the advice :) I'll try to get out and explore the world of work hopefully asap

Advertisement