Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win or Learn - An Evening with John Kavanagh

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

If you meet John one on one, at a seminar or in a class he's bang on. On social media he's a dick.

i think that can be said about a lot of people, myself included at times

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

If you meet John one on one, at a seminar or in a class he's bang on. On social media he's a dick.

well at least that! jesus the rants i've had over him being a dick to people! he should maybe mmake his posts private, especially now with the book

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

anyone else follow john on facebook? he comes across as an absolute cnut. he posts up pm's he gets from people who wouldnt be the brightest sparks and makes fun of them.
    what sort of a sad asshole does that? firstly its mean and secondly, why give these people the time of day? cant stand the prick!

awwhhhhhhh did John post up your message to him and make fun of you too?

Why does he give these people the time of day? Well why are you giving him the time of day? If he bothers you so much block him on social media so you don't have to see what he posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

I enjoyed the book I must say. Interesting to hear how he got into MMA in the first place and all about the early days of Irish MMA.

To be fair to the man, he built a hugely successful business from literally nothing. And while Conor McGregor does feature heavily of course, you can tell that John Kavanagh has great time for every one on his team.

Devastator wrote: »
    awwhhhhhhh did John post up your message to him and make fun of you too?

Why does he give these people the time of day? Well why are you giving him the time of day? If he bothers you so much block him on social media so you don't have to see what he posts.

can i not have an opinion no? :)

• Advertisement

can i not have an opinion no? :)

An opinion? hahahahahaha YOU follow him across social media so that you can get fauxraged at how he talks to other people, then you come on here calling the guy names. You call that an opinion? I'd call you the same names as you've been spouting.

An opinion? hahahahahaha YOU follow him across social media so that you can get fauxraged at how he talks to other people, then you come on here calling the guy names. You call that an opinion? I'd call you the same names as you've been spouting.

YOU'RE RIDIN' HIM! aren't ya?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

in fairness i follow him on twitter and facebook to find out any news regarding ufc or conor etc , but he comes accross as a complete twat too , i know somebody who trained with him and ran some classes in old sbg and he verifies it too that he's a bellend

just what i've been told and how he comes accross on social media , but then again he could be sound in person but i've never met him so my opinion based on social media and 1 or 2 who know him

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

He likes a browse on Boards come on john stop lurking and reply to these comments.

YOU'RE RIDIN' HIM! aren't ya?!

Well you are clearly the best person there is to teach him how to interact with others online :rolleyes:

in fairness i follow him on twitter and facebook to find out any news regarding ufc or conor etc , but he comes accross as a complete twat too , i know somebody who trained with him and ran some classes in old sbg and he verifies it too that he's a bellend

just what i've been told and how he comes accross on social media , but then again he could be sound in person but i've never met him so my opinion based on social media and 1 or 2 who know him

Nothing wrong with that, I do the same. Most of us probably do. Difference is though for most of us don't run on here to call him names or gloat about how many people we've ranted to about him.

• Advertisement

Well you are clearly the best person there is to teach him how to interact with others online :rolleyes:

Nothing wrong with that, I do the same. Most of us probably do. Difference is though for most of us don't run on here to call him names or gloat about how many people we've ranted to about him.

are ya just upset because you've to wait for the prelims pet?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

are ya just upset because you've to wait for the prelims pet?

Mod: Have you anything constructive to add on here or are you just looking to troll? Keep it up and it will be a short stay..

Axwell wrote: »
    Mod: Have you anything constructive to add on here or are you just looking to troll? Keep it up and it will be a short stay..

he's the one losing the rag!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I enjoyed the book. A nice, easy read.

It's also testament to Kavanagh how many times he could (and lets be honest, realistically should) have thrown in the towel but kept persisting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

I follow John on social media, I must be missing these posts of his that wind people up so much.

Criticism seem to include him having a girlfriend, and showing messages from guys harrassing said girlfriend. Hard to know how he would come off badly from that?

Advertisement