Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win or Learn - An Evening with John Kavanagh

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Ah crap. :( I only realised this was happening due to seeing this thread. I'd love to have gone along but there's only €50 tickets left now and it's a bit expensive at that price IMO.

That'll be a cracking evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Paully D wrote: »
    Ah crap. :( I only realised this was happening due to seeing this thread. I'd love to have gone along but there's only €50 tickets left now and it's a bit expensive at that price IMO.

That'll be a cracking evening.

I was suppose to post it last week when i got them but I was away at a music festival all weekend sorry lad! Going to be really good I reckon, i was buying the book anyway so 33e isn't bad for a signed copy and the event.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

ASOT wrote: »
    Anyone else heading along? Grabbed two 33e tickets for me and one of the lads, includes a signed book so seemed like a no brainier, hearing rumors that most of the SBG lads will be there so decent chance to meet Conor again etc.

https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/win-or-learn-an-evening-with-john-kavanagh-tickets-25924252136

great deal imo! unsigned book probably be what 15-20 on its own? Unfortunately train/bus & hotels would stack up far too quickly for me to consider it even at that price:(

I think Conor is due to be there. Think I seen a tweet y'day from him(or someone) saying he would be there.

Devastator wrote: »
    great deal imo! unsigned book probably be what 15-20 on its own? Unfortunately train/bus & hotels would stack up far too quickly for me to consider it even at that price:(

I think Conor is due to be there. Think I seen a tweet y'day from him(or someone) saying he would be there.

He will be there but you didnt hear it from me ;)

He will be there but you didnt hear it from me ;)

I didn't :pac:

https://twitter.com/TheNotoriousMMA/status/742775562377138177

• Advertisement

Devastator wrote: »

I know the organizers theirs a good few guests coming for John hopefully some of them get up and speak!

I know the organizers theirs a good few guests coming for John hopefully some of them get up and speak!

cool, hopefully they do. If you hear anything about any other shows please post it....maybe in every city where theres an SBG gym.....like Belfast :eek::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

If you want to get the book and get it signed, go to the launch.

If you just want to bump into Conor, Gunnar, Paddy, Cathal or Ais, just go to SBG Concorde for a class around the same time as the pro team have practice or when the advanced BJJ classes are on, the lads are there more often than not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

Cashing in before the fall from grace, ...good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Stuxnet wrote: »
    Cashing in before the fall from grace, ...good idea.

Christ, that didn't take long :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

We're all thinking it :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

687474703a2f2f7777772e666c6f7269646173706f7274736d616e2e636f6d2f66696c65732f323031322f30312f63616e6f652d6669736865726d616e2e6a7067

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Anyone else here have a Kindle?

Kavanaghs book is only US$13 when you pre-order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

John_D80 wrote: »
    Anyone else here have a Kindle?

Kavanaghs book is only US$13 when you pre-order.

I have a Kindle Fire. That sounds like a great deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Book is 17 in Eason buy one get one half price

Works out at 13 each. Good value

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

SyxbtiO.jpg

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,616 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

JK being interviewed on RTE Radio 1 right now

Well what you think?

Conor still making excuses [by the truck load] for the loss. His excuses can prop up the economy and pay back the debt at this rate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Cathy.C

*reasons.

• Advertisement

Cathy.C wrote: »
    *reasons.

If this had been the first time he said that I would have been given him the benefit of the doubt, but he's saying that for months. It makes him sound like a whiny crybaby after awhile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Cathy.C

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    If this had been the first time he said that I would have been given him the benefit of the doubt, but he's saying that for months. It makes him sound like a whiny crybaby after awhile.

That makes no sense.

So, because he has said this stuff before, it means it's all just excuses.

What do you want him to do, change his mind?

Oh and if I were you, I'd expect to hear about what he feels were dietary and training errors a lot more over the next eight weeks or so, not less.

That makes no sense.

So, because he has said this stuff before, it means it's all just excuses.

What do you want him to do, change his mind?

Oh and if I were you, I'd expect to hear about what he feels were dietary and training errors a lot more over the next eight weeks or so, not less.

How about shut up and get over it already?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    How about shut up and get over it already?

Mod: How about take 2 weeks off for your attitude problem and also the fact this isnt a Conor McGregor thread so dont go derailing this one thanks..

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

*reasons.

Likewise, this isnt the Conor McGregor thread so no need for you to derail this one with your comments.

I'll ask again what did people think?

I enjoyed the evening, mike asked some good question! Ran very well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

anyone else follow john on facebook? he comes across as an absolute cnut. he posts up pm's he gets from people who wouldnt be the brightest sparks and makes fun of them.
    what sort of a sad asshole does that? firstly its mean and secondly, why give these people the time of day? cant stand the prick!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

i was on his friends list for a LONG time, used to interact and chat with him a bit (long before Conor signed up with UFC), then he must have decided to have a clear out, deemed me not significant enough and binned me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

and was he nice to talk to or is he a condescending dick like he is in his fb posts?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

and was he nice to talk to or is he a condescending dick like he is in his fb posts?

If you meet John one on one, at a seminar or in a class he's bang on. On social media he's a dick.

Advertisement