Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst Radio Presenters?

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,854 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Rackard wrote: »
    Spot on. Paula is the worst radio presenter out there by far.

It feels like they promoted her too quickly in Today FM or something. Possibly because Teresa Ann left at short notice (who was excellent by the way). Paula's replacement for her days off, Muireann, is also very good, would like to hear her on more.

Paula goes on entertainment news on Ian Dempsey then, constantly giving out about Celebs going on way too much about their love lives, PDAs etc.
    Pot kettle...

Good point there...it appears to be the case in radio (some stations at least) that you are promoted based on longevity, rather than merit. That is the only explanation for Paula getting the gig. Also, I agree with you regarding Teresanne - she was excellent.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭jezzer

Good point there...it appears to be the case in radio (some stations at least) that you are promoted based on longevity, rather than merit. That is the only explanation for Paula getting the gig. Also, I agree with you regarding Teresanne - she was excellent.

ah come on, paula has it all, she is a good face for the brand, young, sassy, sounds great, whats not to like?

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Rackard

jezzer wrote: »
    ah come on, paula has it all, she is a good face for the brand, young, sassy, sounds great, whats not to like?

Read all of what was said in previous posts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭leestone

So I see the ppi nominations came out and loads for spin southwest, what the hell is this what we call broadcasting in Ireland must be some talented entertainers or hosts out there that can better this tripe

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

leestone wrote: »
    So I see the ppi nominations came out and loads for spin southwest, what the hell is this what we call broadcasting in Ireland must be some talented entertainers or hosts out there that can better this tripe

I wouldn't call 2 nominations a lot to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,522 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Niall Boylan.

Complete and utter pig spunk.Pure tabloid garbage and he usally comes across as a ****.

Faugheen wrote: »
    I wouldn't call 2 nominations a lot to be honest.

Well I would for that drivel, In work today and it came on, its like Groundhog day when its on usual crap.

fergal darcy got a few nominations, he must be good

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭Muff Richardson

Chris Donoghue...tune in right now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭guile4582

Dee and Marty on Nova

a married hipster couple and they constantly remind us of the fact that they are..wait..married ..and...wait...presenting the morning show

oh the fu**ing banter

and we just got through their blow by blow account of Dee being pregnant and having a baby

shut up and play music!

• Advertisement

In work I can only get local stations but only decent station I listen to is today fm seems to have bit of everything

• Registered Users Posts: 16,295 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

These wouldn't be familiar to those outside Galway but Jimmy Norman and this Molloy fella who has the morning show on Galway Bay FM are two guys I'd give P45's to.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Rackard

guile4582 wrote: »
    Dee and Marty on Nova

a married hipster couple and they constantly remind us of the fact that they are..wait..married ..and...wait...presenting the morning show

oh the fu**ing banter

and we just got through their blow by blow account of Dee being pregnant and having a baby

shut up and play music!

Sounds like the duplication of Ray Darcy and Jenny :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

For voice overs, Ray Bloody Purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Howitzer the 5th

These wouldn't be familiar to those outside Galway but Jimmy Norman and this Molloy fella who has the morning show on Galway Bay FM are two guys I'd give P45's to.

Is Norman still on GBFM? Thought he'd migrated to become the Galway media overlord? Molly is grand. Doing his best. Considering the lack of leadership, creativity and stale repetitivess of those in charge there he's not the worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Howitzer the 5th

Is Norman still on GBFM? Thought he'd migrated to become the Galway media overlord? Molly is grand. Doing his best. Considering the lack of leadership, creativity and stale repetitivess of those in charge there he's not the worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

badshot wrote: »
    nobody can touch the sheer awfulness of joe finnegan
    on shannonside northern sound
    i would defy anyone to listen to him
    for more than 10 minutes

Horrendous radio manner, gives the impression he has never been outside his own county. Luckily, while the joint stations cover a large enough area geographically, the population is low.
    Only for the "Death notices", no one would tune in at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

Jen on 2fm has a horrible voice, and I'm not too pushed on chirpy weirdo Bernard either.

Haven't listened to tubridy in over a decade but found him to be quite nasty.

Darcy became an insufferable, opinionated arsehole. Ah, some light hearted radio, ray, tell us in graphic detail about clerical abuse of altar boys

And there's a lady on iradio who has gaelic tourettes where she's speaking English but peppered with Irish words.

Una or oonagh on iradio got quite annoying too. Her prank calls are so annoying and the way she parrots the male presenter. She literally agrees with everything he says by repeating half the words of his sentence.

Tbh I generally flick around til i hear music, either that or stick on google play radio. Spirit radio dj's are a bit more grounded and pleasant to listen to

• Registered Users Posts: 19,079 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

antix80 wrote: »
    Jen on 2fm has a horrible voice, and I'm not too pushed on chirpy weirdo Bernard either.

Haven't listened to tubridy in over a decade but found him to be quite nasty.

Darcy became an insufferable, opinionated arsehole. Ah, some light hearted radio, ray, tell us in graphic detail about clerical abuse of altar boys

And there's a lady on iradio who has gaelic tourettes where she's speaking English but peppered with Irish words.

Una or oonagh on iradio got quite annoying too. Her prank calls are so annoying and the way she parrots the male presenter. She literally agrees with everything he says by repeating half the words of his sentence.

Tbh I generally flick around til i hear music, either that or stick on google play radio. Spirit radio dj's are a bit more grounded and pleasant to listen to

Ever think it might be yourself and not the presenters?

Jus' wondering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭learn_more

Who'd have thought there'd be so may Radio Host experts around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

Ever think it might be yourself and not the presenters?

Jus' wondering.

I did say i prefer listening to music rather than the presenters in fairness.

Countless hours of inane chatter isn't my idea of unwinding. Some are ok but i don't have time for the quirkier ones.

Dustin the turkey was so funny on the ian dempsey show this morning, he said hector o hucklebuck was worse than the famine!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,409 ✭✭✭droidman123

You have to listen to robbie fogerty on the breakfast show on sunshine to realise how bizarre and amateurish he is.has this false little guffaw that he does every now and then.thank god i only listen to internet radio these days,no dj,s,no inane chat,just great music.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭theoldbreed

Chris and Ciara. I was listening Tuesday night on the way home, I'm not normally in the car at that time so don't hear them that often but i was full sure I had just stumbled upon student radio, it was awful. Both trying desperately to be funny, talking over each other and they had some lady on with a really annoying D4 accent taking about where Kel from Keenan and Kel is now. Really sounded like a group of amateurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,079 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Chris and Ciara. I was listening Tuesday night on the way home, I'm not normally in the car at that time so don't hear them that often but i was full sure I had just stumbled upon student radio, it was awful. Both trying desperately to be funny, talking over each other and they had some lady on with a really annoying D4 accent taking about where Kel from Keenan and Kel is now. Really sounded like a group of amateurs.

Lot of hardcore D4 accents around.

Della Kilroy on Drivetime is a particularly bad offender.

Seems to be getting more time recently, won't listen if that continues.

To cut the post short..I hate them all.........................

Advertisement