Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Thargor wrote: »
    The fragile weapons were an essential part of the game tbh, how boring would it be without them? You'd just be swinging a royal Claymore for the whole game instead of looking around for environment kills/sniping spots or scrambling around for a decent weapon in the middle of a fight.

Find the claymore a bit cumbersome, tbh. Prefer the broadsword myself, despite the lower damage points.

The fragile weapons were a bit annoying at first but once you don't get attached to them, its not an issue. I'd tend to use the best weapon I had available to me at any given time until it broke. Rinse repeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

El Weirdo wrote: »
    Find the claymore a bit cumbersome, tbh. Prefer the broadsword myself, despite the lower damage points.
    Yeah I should have used Ancient Sword ++ as the example but its been too long since I played.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,082 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 is tentatively scheduled for 2020, according to leak
    Breath of the Wild's release window leaks from a pretty reliable source

https://www.gamesradar.com/breath-of-the-wild-2-release-window-leak-rumor/
    Sabi is a fairly trusted source for video game rumors, previously leaking a good chunk of the news from E3 2019 before it was officially revealed.

I would not count on it releasing next year. Sure, a lot the work is made easier because of the engine and reusing some assets, but, nah. It was different when Majora's Mask came out so soon after OOT. BOTW's scale is on another planet and development takes longer. At the same time, the development team is absolutely huge and they may get help from Monolith Soft to speed things up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭conormario

It'll be out or at least playable when next box and ps5 are showing their stuff.

It'll be graphically enhanced for new switch and backwardly compatible.

Switch is Nintendo's android/iOS OS. I think it'll be around in various flavours for many years.

I also think Nintendo will play the long game with the BOTW engine and universe, and there will be a few game built on it/in it.

See, predictions are easy!

Now, I wish they'd hurry up and show some real footage from the game :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

I’d be over the moon with the graphics and style staying exactly the same. All they have to do is figure out new shrines/puzzles etc no? Please no more cartoon strip almost stick figure animations

If it’s a sequel it’s probably in the same map or a new one to the north south east or west of the one we have no?

Dammit tho. Gannon is like herpes or that crazy ex. He just keeps coming back no matter what

I’d be over the moon with the graphics and style staying exactly the same.

Agree. I think the art style is just beautiful and perfect in the game. The world just feels real and consistent and you never step out of it ...

Whereas when I look at rdr2, although it looks incredible, the photo realistic humans are just jarring ...the uncanny valley just kills it for me. I think this is a problem for all games and CGI movies that try to do this. Also this kind of tech ages badly.

Nintendo, Pixar know this. :)

"This is a landmark title, not just for Nintendo, not just for the Switch – which many pundits had written off before its launch – but for the whole idea of what a video game can do. It will be played, dissected and discussed for years to come."

From the Guardian a couple of years ago.

Actually I think I'm having withdrawal symptoms.

I’d be over the moon with the graphics and style staying exactly the same. All they have to do is figure out new shrines/puzzles etc no? Please no more cartoon strip almost stick figure animations

If it’s a sequel it’s probably in the same map or a new one to the north south east or west of the one we have no?

Dammit tho. Gannon is like herpes or that crazy ex. He just keeps coming back no matter what
    Im getting an underground vibe of the whole thing, maybe down under the current map, but then again they'd be mad to give up that beautiful overworld.

Im getting an underground vibe of the whole thing, maybe down under the current map, but then again they'd be mad to give up that beautiful overworld.

Oh wow. Forgot about that. And there’s a fvckload of mountains etc on this map.

Imagine they found a way to integrate what you’ve done already and bring it in and level up what you have to face.

It’s possibly going to be very bonkers. Just as BOTW was to get a hold of

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

conormario wrote: »
    "This is a landmark title, not just for Nintendo, not just for the Switch – which many pundits had written off before its launch – but for the whole idea of what a video game can do. It will be played, dissected and discussed for years to come."

From the Guardian a couple of years ago.

Actually I think I'm having withdrawal symptoms.

My son recently played, and completed it, and I may go back to Master Mode. When I clear some backlog.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Master Mode is excellent, and very challenging, makes you approach the game in a way more cautious manner! I really, really enjoyed it (apart from ThunderBlight...)

Star Lord wrote: »
    Master Mode is excellent, and very challenging, makes you approach the game in a way more cautious manner! I really, really enjoyed it (apart from ThunderBlight...)

I’m afraid to try master mode. I only made it to the second stage of the master sword trials and I’m told they’re a pretty good indicator if you should try master mode or not. I’m not ready :)

Trust me, it's still doable. Trial of the Sword is in confined spaces. If you're having difficulty in the open, you can just run away, till they lose interest.

When I came across groups of tougher enemies, I started edging in to get the attention of one of them, lure them away from the group, kill them, and repeat...

《The Legend of Zelda - BotW》 Fan-made Animation Trailer

https://youtube.com/watch?v=5F0uIvDH8dY

This looks terrific.

Breath of the Wild fans find cool new teleportation combat tech
    Link learns a new move

https://www.polygon.com/2020/2/11/21133404/legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-combat-tech-teleport-nintendo-switch-glitch

This is a really cool and helpful glitch. The game that keeps on giving, keeps on giving. There's more clips in the Polygon link.

I'd have completed the game twice over before I mastered that, I think I only killed one of the Guardians with the shield beam deflect once in my whole run.

Any word on the sequel?

Last I read on it was that it'd probably not be around until 2021...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

I'd have completed the game twice over before I mastered that, I think I only killed one of the Guardians with the shield beam deflect once in my whole run.

Any word on the sequel?

I would not have known that you could deflect a guardian beam back at all without having seen a youtube video. Maybe after 50 hours it might have occurred to me. I remember doing it with a pot lid on the great plateau. The kids though I was mad standing in front of a guardian. Then wham - guardian zapped. We were all amazed :) And even still after that you have to keep your nerve to repeat it. It's really was/is a high point of the game.

Then the guardian nests where you have to take 'em out strategically.

They are still unnerving the way they mov, walk, sound, look. And they just seem to fit in the game, even though they are robots in this wild natural landscape.

Brilliant stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

nintendoo wrote: »

I don't think I've ever felt cockier in life than that time I stood at the mouth of the forgotten temple with my ancient shield in front of me. 5 billion (slight exaggeration) decayed Guardians essentially beaming themselves into oblivion.

• Advertisement

nintendoo wrote: »
    I would not have known that you could deflect a guardian beam back at all without having seen a youtube video. Maybe after 50 hours it might have occurred to me. I remember doing it with a pot lid on the great plateau. The kids though I was mad standing in front of a guardian. Then wham - guardian zapped. We were all amazed :) And even still after that you have to keep your nerve to repeat it. It's really was/is a high point of the game.

They are still unnerving the way they mov, walk, sound, look. And they just seem to fit in the game, even though they are robots in this wild natural landscape.

Brilliant stuff.

I think it was only the final boss that made me realise you could do that

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mighty magpie

I've put myself into isolation with the wife and have bought a switch with BOTW to fill the hole that live sport has left.

I'm about 6 hours in.

Any tips for a newbie?

Feel like i'm bypassing a lot by sticking to the main quest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Ryath

Wander! See something interesting up a mountain go climb it! Anything looks odd go investigate. Getting korok seed's early on is a help.

I've just started it again on the switch. 3rd time I've started it. I got a good bit into it on the Wii U but then got it on the Switch didn't get as far that time and got distracted with life. Should have a lot more time this time round!

I've put myself into isolation with the wife and have bought a switch with BOTW to fill the hole that live sport has left.

I'm about 6 hours in.

Any tips for a newbie?

Feel like i'm bypassing a lot by sticking to the main quest.

My tip would be to do whatever you want. I personally enjoyed seeing towers off in the distance and climbing them to reveal the map. Finding funny looking spots on the map and checking them out. Do those mini dungeons dotted all over the place. This game really rewards exploration.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Echo the above. Get curious. It'll be christmas before you know it then.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,819 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah don't know how many times I started on the path to the next divine beast before "Ooh shiny!" and got distracted for a few hours

• Registered Users Posts: 12,494 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Im 30 or 40 hours in and only on divine beast one. I do need more hearts. Still only have 4.
    I personally enjoyed seeing towers off in the distance and climbing them to reveal the map.

Ah is that how the map reveals itself? Mines still a big dark mess

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

The Nal wrote: »
    Im 30 or 40 hours in and only on divine beast one. I do need more hearts. Still only have 4.

Ah is that how the map reveals itself? Mines still a big dark mess

Yup, the towers fill in the map for that section. It also gives a great point of view of surrounding shrines. When I'm playing, I tend to drop a few markers on the map from the tops of towers and then go explore. Every tower will also give you views on local interests, ruined town, odd-shaped rocks etc.

Four hearts is okay if you're careful and methodical but a nice buffer handy too. My first time though, I got to six hearts and then focused on stamina until I had the second wheel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Nearly done on Master mode

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Yeah don't know how many times I started on the path to the next divine beast before "Ooh shiny!" and got distracted for a few hours
    Yep. Letting your curiosity run wild. That’s what gave me such enjoyment.

Rules? There are no rules!

Advertisement