Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

!! Business HL 2016 - Predictions, discussion, aftermath

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭stead

TheBiz wrote: »
    I quoted for all parts I could, they part about discussing short and medium term sources of finance didn't really tie in with much (considering it said about finance for a premise) I wrote about 2 1/2 to 2 pages. Hows that for lenght?
    I managed to get 3 links for the sources of finance. Can't remember what the short term was but hire purchase has the quote "the office needed new equipment and furniture" and I done accrued expenses saying "he didn't want to go in to big debt".

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Tomk_1111

How many sources of finance did you have to give. I gave 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭stead

Tomk_1111 wrote: »
    How many sources of finance did you have to give. I gave 3.

It said to mention short, medium and long term so it'd probably be 3. It'd be hard to find links for more than 3.

stead wrote: »
    It said to mention short, medium and long term so it'd probably be 3. It'd be hard to find links for more than 3.

There were definitely 4. Reserves, grant, leasing, hire purchase

• Registered Users Posts: 45 daveytheravey

Oh, we were always marked 0 when we didn't link. We had to give the point and then the quote after.

A link is only 2 marks in a 10 point question! it was just for parts B and C i struggled to link. Be grand! hopefully

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Soolander

What did everyoone say for a different method of expansion for the ABQ? I put down franchising but looking back its not really applicable to a tech company. Do you think I might lose marks for not being applicable or is any method grand?

I used strategic alliance, seems like the best fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Alan106

I said organic growth, talked about profits

• Registered Users Posts: 39 cuprugby333

There were definitely 4. Reserves, grant, leasing, hire purchase

None of them are short term though..?

What short term did you use? IIRC it just asked for the sources of finance and said to mention if they were short, medium or long term.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 cuprugby333

What short term did you use? IIRC it just asked for the sources of finance and said to mention if they were short, medium or long term.

It said to refer to short medium and long term not if so I presume all of them.
    I said bank overdraft

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Soolander

Can anyone confirm that for the second part of the breakeven chart you constructed BEP2 on the original chart? I didnt have enough time in the exam to draw a new one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Boaty

Yes you drew it on the same chart, the be2 was 20000 units

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭TheOwl12

Everything went well but I completely ****ed up my Break even. Hope I can get some marks out of it, I panicked and got the thing arse backwards somehow. I'll probably end up with the same as my pre's 65

• Registered Users Posts: 1 bobbyb

I only realised now that for the ABQ it said finance for the relocation, I assumed it was for the expansion in general. Knew timing is tight so read it too fast. Does that mean trade credit, leasing for the equipment and a debenture were the wrong ones to pick?
    For merger I said benefit was the sharing of resources and that the threat was future conflict and clashes between management. Also picked franchise for the other method of growth? Do you think that that's wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭legocrazy505

bobbyb wrote: »
    I only realised now that for the ABQ it said finance for the relocation, I assumed it was for the expansion in general. Knew timing is tight so read it too fast. Does that mean trade credit, leasing for the equipment and a debenture were the wrong ones to pick?
    For merger I said benefit was the sharing of resources and that the threat was future conflict and clashes between management. Also picked franchise for the other method of growth? Do you think that that's wrong?

Trade credit does't really strike me as overly relevant but leasing for the equipment that was required in the relocation and a debenture are probably fine. I said factoring, bank overdraft (for increased rent), hire purchase (equipment and furniture) and then venture capital for long term.

Debenture would be risky because he said he wanted to avoid debt capital.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Yoyoyoma37

Was it okay to say bank overdraft for the short term, leasing for the medium term and retained earnings for the long term for the ABQ?!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭legocrazy505

Debenture would be risky because he said he wanted to avoid debt capital.

Well he said "huge" debt so that will hopefully be a matter of interpretation. If he wanted to avoid debt capital entirely there are very few sources of finance to pick from. Obviously there are some but it does limit it.

Advertisement