Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

!! Business HL 2016 - Predictions, discussion, aftermath

Options
  • 14-06-2016 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Guys can someone do me a massive favour. I've lost my exam papers s can someone send me a pic of the topics that came up each year. There's a chart at the start of the exam papers. I do hl. send a pic on This ir can give you my email

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 cheeto

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 45 daveytheravey

I have a good feeling about Ratios and a report this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 summer98

Anyone else leaving out HRM?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭legocrazy505

summer98 wrote: »
    Anyone else leaving out HRM?

Honestly I wouldn't do that. It's in the ABQ units so you never know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Boaty

I have a feeling a business plan or report could come up, it hasn't been up in years

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4 JesseBrosnan

swagmire wrote: »
    Guys can someone do me a massive favour. I've lost my exam papers s can someone send me a pic of the topics that came up each year. There's a chart at the start of the exam papers. I do hl. send a pic on This ir can give you my email

Could someone send them to me too?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Soolander

****ting bricks haha

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Alan106

can i pull off unit 4-7 in less than 12 hours? anyone have faith in me </3

Alan106 wrote: »
    can i pull off unit 4-7 in less than 12 hours? anyone have faith in me </3

Yup you probably could. However as the ABQ is 3-5, and long questions can be done with 1-5 it may be a good idea to know these really well instead. Only a suggestion though best of luck with whatever you choose lad.

That was probably the easiest exam ive ever sat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭stead

Was decent. A lot of people didn't seem too happy about it and ran out of time. Found the short questions harder than previous years. Abq was easy enough but I'm worried I didn't write enough. Felt like a lot of waffle, especially answering q2&3. That break even analysis was beautiful though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Brian_R

Probably one of the easiest tests I've ever sat.

Q10 in the short question seemed wrong to me but I just attempted it anyway. Overall a very lovely paper with little surprises for me. Most of the stuff can be found already in previous years. Ran out of time in the mocks but I finished 30 minutes early this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

Loved that paper! Question 3 was an absolute gift! Breakdown Analysis in Question 6 was lovely as well, as were Questions 4 & 7. Was very happy overall! I ran out of time a little bit at the end so my last question of the ABQ is a little rushed but I managed to finish it. Really hoping for the A1 now after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭hurler97

What did people get for debt equity ratio and was it high or low geared?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Plankton55

hurler97 wrote: »
    What did people get for debt equity ratio and was it high or low geared?

2:1
    High geared

• Registered Users Posts: 29 randomlad727

What was question 5? I did it but I cant remember what it was!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Boaty

40 mark breakeven, that was fantastic, I'd say a good few people mixed up management skills with activities.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Gahv

was hoping for management activities in the ABQ but skills was so nice especially with the context

• Registered Users Posts: 21 cheeto

I found the SAQs tough but the ABQ was great

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭TheBiz

I had time to do an extra long question.. What..

thought it was fair its such a tight exam for time! Did ye quote for all parts of the ABQ or only the first question? it kinda got repetitive imo

thought it was fair its such a tight exam for time! Did ye quote for all parts of the ABQ or only the first question? it kinda got repetitive imo

I quoted for all parts I could, they part about discussing short and medium term sources of finance didn't really tie in with much (considering it said about finance for a premise) I wrote about 2 1/2 to 2 pages. Hows that for lenght?

Im surprised you had time to do an extra question. i was stuck enough for the time :( sher its over now

Im surprised you had time to do an extra question. i was stuck enough for the time :( sher its over now

I had 3 pages left in the entire booklet, 3 pages for the ABQ and a hole in my hand. I really don't know, but only one exam left!

TheBiz wrote: »
    I had 3 pages left in the entire booklet, 3 pages for the ABQ and a hole in my hand. I really don't know, but only one exam left!

Sounds like a great chunk! Wishing you the best I'm so jealous :)

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Tomk_1111

Did ye quote for all parts of the ABQ or only the first question? it kinda got repetitive imo

answers that arent linked/quoted are marked 0.

Tomk_1111 wrote: »

Pretty sure that's not true. If you can show relevant theory without quotes you get a portion of the marks. In some of the questions links are only 2 marks a point.

Tomk_1111 wrote: »

I basically used my quotes in my answer. Said exactly what they wanted and was directly from the text, but didnt put quotation marks around them. I highly doubt its zero! It was a weird structure of an ABQ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Tomk_1111

Oh, we were always marked 0 when we didn't link. We had to give the point and then the quote after.

Advertisement