Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

!! French (HL) LC '16 - Predictions, discussion, aftermath

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭lumosteph

Rachel98 wrote: »
    For the listening in the last section, was it a bomb that was found?

Yeah from the second world war I think.

Where was it found??

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Seaaan

lumosteph wrote: »

Where was it found??

Behind town hall I think

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭siebey123

I hope everyone is happy! :) Those written questions (bar 2 I think) were quite unpredictable I think but they were fair. How did everyone find the reading comprehensions?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 User1963

Seemed to be a fair enough paper, didn't get the 'lui' part but think I got most of the comps - what did everyone get for the multiple choice q's? - D and B for me

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭koolis02

What did Mia do the previous day? 3(i) of the 2nd comp
    and why did Jonathan have to use his own money during his work placement 2(i) first comp ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭nerobert

Bangdiggy wrote: »
    It was 28,000 lightening strikes...sorry

Ah how could I have missed the mille ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Bangdiggy

lumosteph wrote: »

Where was it found??

Yeah from WWII and it was behind à hotel

koolis02 wrote: »
    and why did Jonathan have to use his own money during his work placement 2(i) first comp ?

I got that she was on the home page of the site yesterday for 3(i) and for 2(i) because the grant only funded a small bit of his placement..
    Wasn't sure about either

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Mrs Mop

Elle avait visité un site de rencontres RC2

Parce que la bourse offerte ne suffit pas/ n'est pas suffisante/ 'ne couvre qu'une petite partie des frais'

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭medhopeful16

Mia visited the website and Jonathan used his own money because the grant was only 700 and covered only a part of the costs(something like that anyway)

• Advertisement

Mrs Mop wrote: »
    Elle avait visité un site de rencontres RC2

Parce que la bourse offerte ne suffit pas/ n'est pas suffisante/ 'ne couvre qu'une petite partie des frais'

I got the 2nd one but said Elle a créé un profil sur un site de rencontres for the 1st one, is that wrong?

User1963 wrote: »
    Seemed to be a fair enough paper, didn't get the 'lui' part but think I got most of the comps - what did everyone get for the multiple choice q's? - D and B for me

RC1 - D
    RC2 - B ..... Very sneaky one ... tried to catch you out with (C )
    I got the 2nd one but said Elle a créé un profil sur un site de rencontres for the 1st one, is that wrong?

That's fine! 5 marks 😉

got the 2nd one but said Elle a créé un profil sur un site de rencontres for the 1st one, is that wrong?[

That's fine! 5 marks ��

Perfect thank you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11 red.velvet

Do you guys know if they take the word count into strong consideration when marking? I had 12 French teachers over my 6 years and they all had different opinions on the matter, but I know for a fact that I wrote over it on all 3 essays, will I be penalised? I wasn't in the mocks so I'm not entirely sure..

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Jack55

What did you guys put for the expression that indicates that she hasn't got a regular time job & how we know that she didn't stay in contact with her agent?

Jack55 wrote: »
    What did you guys put for the expression that indicates that she hasn't got a regular time job & how we know that she didn't stay in contact with her agent?

Something about ayant horaires difficile (forget) and then I said for the agent one: il l'a dit de lui donner ses nouvelles
    Don't think I got it right though

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jl12234

You don't get docked marks for going over! I think 90/75 words is a guideline. I definitely wrote over on all 3

red.velvet wrote: »
    Do you guys know if they take the word count into strong consideration when marking? I had 12 French teachers over my 6 years and they all had different opinions on the matter, but I know for a fact that I wrote over it on all 3 essays, will I be penalised? I wasn't in the mocks so I'm not entirely sure..

If you wrote under the word count I'd say you would defs be penalised but it's almost impossible to get your point across without writing atleast 100 words -

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jl12234

What were the two things wrong with the hotel for the aural?
    and for comprehension i said the reason We know mia doesnt keep contact with her agent was cause she didnt reply to her email? what did ye say?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Consonata

Bangdiggy wrote:
    Yeah from WWII and it was behind à hotel

It was actually town hall I think Hotel de Ville is town hall

• Advertisement

red.velvet wrote: »

Realistically you would be expected to write 120-140 words for the 90 word WE and 100-110 for the 75 word WE( remembering that words of < 3 letters don't count) In reality you are being asked to answer in condensed form ( not a dissertation )so you can't really write as much as you want. Plus the more you write, the more likely you are to make errors.
    Don't over analyse ... If your French is good and relevant to what you have been asked,I would continue to mark!

what is climatisation? I think this was mentioned in the listening comprehension on either section 2 or 3. (I don't think I spelled this word right btw)
    And what proved that Mia was not an impulsive person?

siebey123 wrote: »
    what is climicatisation (don't think I spelled this right)

Climatisation is Air Conditioning
    Among the answers I'd look for-
    She was unable to type a single word ( Elle fut incapable de taper le moindre mot )
    She held herself back ( Elle se retint)
    The fact that she was panicking that the Mother would find out what she had done ( Elle la crucifierait )
    She held back from answering immediately she lacked the courage ( Elle hésita, le courage lui manqua)
    It's also that she was a very cautious person who does not make impulsive decisions

jl12234 wrote: »
    What were the two things wrong with the hotel for the aural?
    and for comprehension i said the reason We know mia doesnt keep contact with her agent was cause she didnt reply to her email? what did ye say?

The bedrooms are dirty
    and I guessed and said the air conditioning is always broken but not sure about this

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭juniorcert

She was unable to type a single word ( Elle fut incapable de taper le moindre mot )
    The fact that she was panicking that the Mother would find out what she had done ( Elle la crucifierait )
    She held back from answering immediately she lacked the courage ( Elle hésita, le courage lui manqua)
    It's also that she was a very cautious person who does not make impulsive decisions

Was it ok if you disagreed with the statement and used points to back it up instead? I said I disagreed and went on about her impulsive choice to change her hair and agreeing to go on the date.

what is climicatisation (don't think I spelled this right)

She held back from answering immediately she lacked the courage ( Elle h sita, le courage lui manqua)

Thank you!

juniorcert wrote: »
    Was it ok if you disagreed with the statement and used points to back it up instead? I said I disagreed and went on about her impulsive choice to change her hair and agreeing to go on the date.

That's perfectly acceptable too! You chose the difficult side of the argument as that's all there really was - but you have the answers!

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭juniorcert

That's perfectly acceptable too! You chose the difficult side of the argument as that's all there really was - but you have the answers!

Oh ok thank God! I was getting worried there because I don't think I did too well in the listening, so don't need to be losing even more marks

And the city council knocked on their doors (frapper) to get them to participate in the environment thing right? Please be right!! (Listening comp)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭lumosteph

And the city council knocked on their doors (frapper) to get them to participate in the environment thing right? Please be right!! (Listening comp)

Yup that's what I said

Advertisement