Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

!! French (HL) LC '16 - Predictions, discussion, aftermath

Options
  • 12-06-2016 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

What topics would be highly likely to come up this year in the opinion questions lads?
    I'm learning the topics Migrants, Poverty, Sport, Environment, Inequality & Europe inside out.
    I've been focusing on maths&irish for the majority of the weekend but is there any other topic that is topical/due atm that I should have a quick run through tonight or tuesday night?
    Cheers! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MomijiHime

Maybe obesity? Make sure you have phrases you can use in any opinion piece such as: Il faut qu'on fasse quelques choses etc. (that would be a good one to have to make sure you use the subjunctive).

Also, I'm learning diary entry phrases as it comes up every year.

I think the best thing you can do is make sure your grammar is good. Often you'll have to change your learned off essays around.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Gahv

top 3
    Obesity
    Global Warming
    Refugees

and then possibly

Marriage Equality
    10 years after the french riots
    Racism
    Drinking responsibly
    reality t.v

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Totally off the top of my head, but would the fact that Euro '16 is in France this year mean it might pop up somewhere in the paper?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 thestylegal

Has anyone get any words or phrases for equality topics? Our teacher is useless and we only have refugees and sport. If anyone could help me out with something it would be a massive help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Is the listening on after the written paper?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 lc16_

Is the listening on after the written paper?
    Yep :)

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Seaaan

Has anyone get any words or phrases for equality topics? Our teacher is useless and we only have refugees and sport. If anyone could help me out with something it would be a massive help!

De nos jours, les driots de la femme progressent mais il y a un grand besoin d'échance et plus de progrés.

On doit lutter pour le progrés et l'échange.

Le coutumes sont stricts et ils limitent la liberté de les femmes. (this is about middle east i think)

La dominance de l'homme dans les etats islamiques

Not much but it's just some phrases I had written down

I LOST ALL MY FRENCH NOTES OH DEAR LORD WHERE ARE THEY WHY DID I LEAVE THIS SO LATE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭BrownTrout

Tough exam I thought, was hoping for a B2, think I'll be lucky to come out of that with a C1.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭koolis02

The question on refugees was so strange, I had so much learned on it but I did obesity instead..
    Weird paper and weird choice of essays. No environment or doping/sport...
    Comprehensions were niceeee and the listening was too minus a few mistakes:) Hopefully not too much to cost me an A grade

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭onlinenerd

Really tough especially the listening which was a complete disaster

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭lumosteph

So so happy with the 1916 question! I awkwardly disagreed with Q1 but I think it was ok. Comprehensions were lovely, so much simpler than last year. The listening had a few dodgy parts though but I think I might have scraped a B1/A2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭user53

I found it fine, although I am only going for a C.
    What time was the train?
    And How many lightening strikes does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭nerobert

user53 wrote: »
    I found it fine, although I only going for a C.
    What time was the train?
    And How many lightening strikes does anyone know?

Train was at 13:40 I'm pretty sure and they're was 28 lightening strikes

nerobert wrote: »

13:40 and 28,000 lightening strikes

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Seaaan

Paper was nice, comprehensions were very doable and written pieces too.. Pity the Q1 wasn't on environment or war though hmm hmm..

Listening was difficult enough, got more than a few wrong id say :o

What were the two reason why the girl was jealous of her 18 year old brother?

lumosteph wrote: »
    What were the two reason why the girl was jealous of her 18 year old brother?

I said because he can go out when he wants, with who he wants
    and he has a salary

koolis02 wrote: »
    I said because he can go out when he wants, with who he wants
    and he has a salary

Grand I got that too!

what did the 'lui' refer to in the 2nd comprehension?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Mrs Mop

koolis02 wrote: »
    what did the 'lui' refer to in the 2nd comprehension?

Mia / la jeune femme

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 Bangdiggy

nerobert wrote: »
    It was 28,000 lightening strikes...sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

My written paper went great tbh, but I dunno what happened me in the Aural! I kept missing things and making mistakes! Gutted over it! Usually it's the other way around :P hopefully I'll be okay overall!

Mrs Mop wrote: »
    Mia / la jeune femme
    I put this down :p all my friends were saying it was Paul so I wasn't sure..
    Was anyone tight on time for the written? Didnt happen in the mocks but I had to rush my last essay and didnt have a whole lot of time to read over it all, which was annoying but meh :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3 themadscone

Bangdiggy wrote: »
    It was 28,000 lightening strikes...sorry

There was an option for 28 on my mates ordinary paper... I put 'more than 28' tho so dont even know if i got it, also did anyone else put 'courriel' for the 'lui' question?

All I heard for the lightning question was "plus de vingt huit"

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Alan106

they definitley said mille

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Bangdiggy

There was an option for 28 on my mates ordinary paper... I put 'more than 28' tho so dont even know if i got it, also did anyone else put 'courriel' for the 'lui' question?

it defo said ''plus de 28 mille''....And I also put 'courriel' but people say its Mia or the man hmm

it is 28,000 lightning bolts

" la jeune femme referma le courrier, comme s'il lui avait brûlé les yeux qu'elle gardait pourtant rivés sur l'écran"

The young woman closed the email as if it had burned ( to her ) the eyes which she nonetheless kept riveted to the screen. Lui - indirect object pronoun to her hence Mia Voilà!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Rachel98

For the listening in the last section, was it a bomb that was found?

Advertisement