Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison Administration and Support Officer Grade 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Murhyy78

Ill have to just go give them a ring first thing in the morning and see whats going on so. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 49 benny2008

Guys - has anyone been called called for this since September?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

benny2008 wrote: »
    Guys - has anyone been called called for this since September?

There is currently a group in training, the next group should be in training by the end of the year/early next year I believe.

There is a group starting in approx. two weeks time (not the group currently in training) - I am just wondering if anyone here will be starting in this group?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

There is a group starting in approx. two weeks time (not the group currently in training) - I am just wondering if anyone here will be starting in this group?

Who told you there is a class in 2 weeks?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Who told you there is a class in 2 weeks?

There's no class in two weeks or two months.

There is for definite a class starting in 2 weeks. When the current class finishes training there is another class lined up to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 cooper1982

There is for definite a class starting in 2 weeks. When the current class finishes training there is another class lined up to start.

Where did you hear this? I was told the same as everyone else. The next group will be towards the end of the year or early January

I work as a PASO - there is another class starting immediately after this one. Are you on this panel & still waiting?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 cooper1982

I work as a PASO - there is another class starting immediately after this one. Are you on this panel & still waiting?

Yep my clearance is through but they told me 2 weeks that they are still waiting on people to come back from clearance as they need double figures to start new training so if they get the numbers the next training will be before xmas if not early January

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Murhyy78

I was on to them today and I was told there is no class in 2 weeks it's in a few months hopefully he said by the end of the year. There's a delay in the clearance or something. Still just...waiting....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

There's no new class this side of Christmas, end of.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Freshvibes

There's no new class this side of Christmas, end of.

Wow you're rude.

Freshvibes wrote: »
    Wow you're rude.

Well in fairness they are only clearing up miscommunication. People were saying theres a PASO class that should have started on Monday just gone but there hasnt and won't be in the next couple of weeks in anyway. Its to stop getting peoples hopes up of an immediate call more than anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Freshvibes

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Freshvibes wrote: »
    Wow you're rude.

Well in fairness they are only clearing up miscommunication. People were saying theres a PASO class that should have started on Monday just gone but there hasnt and won't be in the next couple of weeks in anyway. Its to stop getting peoples hopes up of an immediate call more than anything.

I understand that, but there's a way to speak to people!
    Besides, everyone is hearing different things about classes and all from very reliable sources. That's just the way the prison service is!

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭TrishaK

Anyone hear anything from this panel lately?

From my understanding there is a course due to start in about 2-3 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Coddlemonster

TrishaK wrote: »
    Anyone hear anything from this panel lately?

I got a message through pas today asking was I still interested in the position.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 corkgirl3000

Hi I got a message asking if i was still interested in a Dublin position

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Coddlemonster

Hi I got a message asking if i was still interested in a Dublin position

did you get an appointment for interview? I have one this month.
    looking back through this thread there's no pointers as far as interview questions.
    Also the whole process seems agonisingly slow and lacking in feedback but sure at least i know what to expect

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭vinegarhill98

did you get an appointment for interview? I have one this month.
    looking back through this thread there's no pointers as far as interview questions.
    Also the whole process seems agonisingly slow and lacking in feedback but sure at least i know what to expect

Bump

Got a phone call today about the interview next week whether im going or not.

Any more details would be great regarding interview and how stringent the vetting is if successful?

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Shuttle666

Bump

Got a phone call today about the interview next week whether im going or not.

Any more details would be great regarding interview and how stringent the vetting is if successful?

Interview should be based on the competencies that were in the application handbook - I came from a general CO panel when doing it, so a few questions were about how you thought you'd cope with prison environment, e.g. no mobile phone, uniforms, etc. On this panel, presume these would have been dealt with in the application handbook?

Would expect to be stringent, you'll have access to our prisons, prisoner records, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jobhuntersos

has anyone heard anything since the interviews

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Propperson

I was told I passed the interview about a week after it took place in January and in late Feb was informed I was in security clearance for a vacancy in my area (Dublin) and to note that security clearance normally takes between four to eight months. I also had to submit references for the last 3 years but if I was with my present employer for over 3 years I didn't need to submit reference at this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jobhuntersos

4 to 8 months is a joke for security clearance I rang public jobs they said they were hoping to get people starting soon just wanted to see if anyone else heard the same really

4 to 8 months is a joke for security clearance I rang public jobs they said they were hoping to get people starting soon just wanted to see if anyone else heard the same really

Lads just to let you know, it will be more 8 months for the clearance. The time scale last summer was 8+ months and it has only gotten longer since.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 sineads80

Did anyone ever get taken on in cork prison?! Looking for info for current campaign. Thanks!

sineads80 wrote: »
    Did anyone ever get taken on in cork prison?! Looking for info for current campaign. Thanks!

Generally when they take people on they will go to a dublin jail first then have to transfer to their prefered location.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Fudge856

I was offered cork prison in August 2018 but had accepted a different job offer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 sineads80

Fudge856 wrote: »
    I was offered cork prison in August 2018 but had accepted a different job offer

Thanks... Did you have cork as your first or only preference when you applied?!

Advertisement