Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison Administration and Support Officer Grade 3

Options
  • 11-06-2016 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi,

Has anyone applied for these roles?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭gezz36

Back2work wrote: »
    Hi,

Has anyone applied for these roles?

Had a look, most jobs look like Dublin based, can't see much vacancies coming up in other areas, worth going for if travel not a big cost, pay is low on entry level. Requirements are standard enough but the application looks tough enough with the "list your achievements" in decision making etc...would you need to have had managerial experience to apply?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 suegun1

I have applied for the role, still awaiting to hear. I answered the questions based on my experience.. No managerial experience

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Mardz

Hey, I applied for these roles. I applied for Limerick, Portlaoise and Dublin but Dublin is not idea tbh. I have management experience but I reckon the personality for a role like this is paramount. I would see it as a job for someone cool, efficient and able to handle pressure so that probably applies to you. Have you received an aptitude for this yet?

I applied but found the application hard enough..Have heard nothing since. I applied for Roscommon/Cavan but cannot imagine a lot of positions in those areas..Would be a great job and worth trying for!! I think the information did say it would shortlist on application as far as I remember...

I applied for Dublin and Wicklow.. Have still heard nothing yet, I also applied for the clerical officer job and completed my test for that yesterday! Really hoping for the prison job to be honest!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Samjd

Hi, I got message this afternoon to sit supervised tests on July 14th in Dublin. Did everyone get that I wonder?

Yes I got one too! Mine is on the 21st tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Shane Fitz

Mine is the 20th.

Anyone know what to expect? ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭ando88

I received an invitation to sit supervised test on the 13th of July (abbey Street)

I'm practising tests now in preparation

• Advertisement

Practicing tests? Where!

Date: Wednesday 13th July 2016

Time: 08:45

Please attend as scheduled as, if you do not attend for tests, your application for Prison Administration & Support Officer Grade 3 will receive no further consideration.

It is strongly advised that before attending for tests you carefully read the Familiarisation Material in the following link:- Familiarisation booklet

It is important to understand that you must qualify at each of the tests before you may be considered for interview. If you do not reach the qualifying standard at supervised tests you will no longer be considered for the role.

You should note that you may take the tests only once.

Success at supervised tests is not to be taken as a guarantee that you will be called forward to the next stage of this competition.

Test Day Checklist - bring the following with you to the test centre:
    ? A printout of this invitation to attend the testing session;
    ? Glasses or contact lenses, if required;
    ? A recent passport photograph. You will be required to sign the back of this photo on registration at the test centre;
    ? Identification documents*. Please bring one of the following as Photo ID:
    ? Passport
    ? Drivers Licence
    ? Public Services Card
    ? National Identity Card

* If your identification document was issued more than five years ago, you must also bring an additional photo identification containing a more recent photograph.

This is the message i received to attend test centre.

I have test on 13th July...Best of luck to all...
    Any idea how many applied, seems to be a lot called to tests with different days and times?

Should we bring a calculator or are these supplied, not mentioned on what to bring?

Yes best of luck to everyone! Does anyone know where to practice or what sort of questions will be asked? I havent got the booklet yet..

suegun1 wrote: »
    Yes best of luck to everyone! Does anyone know where to practice or what sort of questions will be asked? I havent got the booklet yet..

Check the information link sent to you by public jobs. It's in your messages on public jobs.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 7 KC1978

Mine is Tuesday 19th July 2016

I wonder how many positions are actually available, if they are spread over few days i guess a lot of people applied

gezz36 wrote: »
    I have test on 13th July...Best of luck to all...
    Any idea how many applied, seems to be a lot called to tests with different days and times?

Should we bring a calculator or are these supplied, not mentioned on what to bring?

I'll bring my calculator just in case, I'll leave it in my bag if I'm not allowed to bring it in with me, it didn't say anything on the message about it

• Registered Users Posts: 49 benny2008

Has anyone who completed these tests any feedback? How did you find them? Was there many present?
    Must be a high number of applicants if it's spread over so many dates.

Hi I just completed the tests today, I found them okay apart from the numerical which I don't think I passed. There were three people missing from the list and a total of 12/13 of us in the room.

You will receive the results in august to your public jobs message folder.

• Advertisement

Least you won't be waiting too long to hear. Did you do the tests for the Clerical Officer Campaign as well. I just completed them today, wonder are they a similar level of difficulty. Fingers crossed you did better than you think :)

benny2008 wrote: »
    Least you won't be waiting too long to hear. Did you do the tests for the Clerical Officer Campaign as well. I just completed them today, wonder are they a similar level of difficulty. Fingers crossed you did better than you think :)

Thanks:) yes I completed the aptitude tests for the clerical officer role as well as applying to Dublin city council for the same position.

It's not as bad as I thought, went very quickly (around 1 hour) around 12 candidates there, I don't think everyone finished the test completely as there were groans when the test stopped 😉😂

• Registered Users Posts: 18 RozDoyle

benny2008 wrote: »

Hi benny2008,
    I was in yesterday and to be honest I found the numerical diabolical. I'm sure I crashed and burned in it, in fact if I had been able to leave in between tests I would probably have walked out after that part!

I found it much harder than the cut-e ones for the general clerical officer. You definitely need to use the calculator and the time absolutely flies. I'm not the most numerically gifted though so you may breeze through it. Verbal and error checking were grand.

Also they supply you with a crappy solar powered calculator for the test, it's not mighty but does the job if you know what to ask it to do!

Thanks guys. Mines not until 22nd so just going to keep practicing and hope for the best. Pity the practice tests are so limited. Seems to be a lot of different dates given for testing would love to know how many positions vs applicants there are. You guys are lucky to have it over with. These tests are always hard to judge could have done much better than you think

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Shane Fitz

How many of you guys doing this are coming from other parts of the public/civil service?
    How do the tests compare to what you do in your current job?

Completed my aptitude tests last Friday. Have to agree with the previous posters, found numerical toughest. Not holding out much hope to be honest. It was more time than difficulty that went against me, felt if I had an extra 2 or 3 minutes would have being much more confident. Over heard one of the supervisors saying that it was the last day of 2 weeks testing, at 5 sessions a day and 40 people per test. She also said at no point was the test centre full. That's 2000 applicants for the two different jobs (paso and immigration officer) minus the no shows, left me feeling much less confident again :(
    Does anyone know what date in August we will hear about the results?

It's only a guess but you'd hope that we will hear back in the first week of August. If last Friday was the end of testing then surely the results are available to PAS at the click of a button. It's hard to see what would delay them beyond next week but then again speed never seems to be of the essence in these campaigns.

RozDoyle wrote: »
    It's only a guess but you'd hope that we will hear back in the first week of August. If last Friday was the end of testing then surely the results are available to PAS at the click of a button. It's hard to see what would delay them beyond next week but then again speed never seems to be of the essence in these campaigns.

Absolutely agree. As soon as the tests are completed the computers will do all the work for them but they don't seem to be too quick with results in these campaigns. I suppose it depends on the urgency of filling the roles. Hopefully these two campaigns are a bit more urgent than the clerical officer one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,045 ✭✭✭Guffy

They said 4-6 weeks. Had mine last tue

• Advertisement

gufc21 wrote: »
    They said 4-6 weeks. Had mine last tue

That's disappointing to hear gufc21. To be honest I'm more hopeful than confident of passing anyway so the wait isn't too bad for me. It means that I can still cling onto hope for another while longer I suppose.

Advertisement