Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

!! Irish HL 2016 - Predictions, discussion, aftermath

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 red.velvet

BrownTrout wrote: »
    Well, how'd paper 2 go?

Well, aside from the fact Jimmy is yet to show his face on either paper, and the fact that they asked a 15 marker on the role of St. Patrick in OITNN, somewhat (hopefully) alright I guess?? :/ Poetry and the question on Gafa were alright for me (though I did spend the morning looking over the life/work of the poets sadly) I don't think that the SEC are going to be getting very happy reviews from the higher level students/teachers anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Giotar

Paper 2 was ****ing cat. Comprehensions very easy, but had to wing all of Prose, Poetry and An Triail. Feck the SEC!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭BrownTrout

Giotar wrote:
    Paper 2 was ****ing cat. Comprehensions very easy, but had to wing all of Prose, Poetry and An Triail. Feck the SEC!

Yeah, A Thig Ná Tit Orm was a very restrictive question, only letting you talk about 2 chapters.

Think I managed it OK though.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭koolis02

BrownTrout wrote: »
    Yeah, A Thig Ná Tit Orm was a very restrictive question, only letting you talk about 2 chapters.

Think I managed it OK though.

my teacher didnt even read the book with us so i wasnt sure what happened in summer 1958, so i just said all about bothantaiocht and the cursai saimhraidh and a lot of other stuff so i hope i dont get marked down

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MomijiHime

koolis02 wrote: »
    my teacher didnt even read the book with us so i wasnt sure what happened in summer 1958, so i just said all about bothantaiocht and the cursai saimhraidh and a lot of other stuff so i hope i dont get marked down

I just assumed samhradh 1958 was the céilí, Eibhlín etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭BrownTrout

MomijiHime wrote:

Same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Paul235

red.velvet wrote: »
    Well, aside from the fact Jimmy is yet to show his face on either paper, and the fact that they asked a 15 marker on the role of St. Patrick in OITNN, somewhat (hopefully) alright I guess?? :/ Poetry and the question on Gafa were alright for me (though I did spend the morning looking over the life/work of the poets sadly) I don't think that the SEC are going to be getting very happy reviews from the higher level students/teachers anyway!
    They didn't give the marks for the pros question did they?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Tomk_1111

MomijiHime wrote: »

Ya thats what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 lolo97

Oisin i dtir na nog was a ton of bricks in the face so unfair that they didnt put even one out of either Gnathrud or Geibheann.. the leamhthuiscints were grand but the q6b's didnt have any cineal genre which is what i studied for ugh...hope my oral brings me up

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Seaaan

I thought the An Triail question meant she defied the life that was set out for her, but looking back on the paper it seems like that could work as an answer, as really it only said discuss. :o

In an Irish school and everyone thinks it cost them their A1s, but I mean like poetry, pros and an Triail are only 16%.. It's nothing like!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭A97

Paul235 wrote: »
    They didn't give the marks for the pros question did they?
    The question is worth 30 marks and you answer two of three parts. So each part you do is worth 15 marks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Paul235

A97 wrote: »
    The question is worth 30 marks and you answer two of three parts. So each part you do is worth 15 marks.

F**k I thought we were supposed to answer all 3 parts so presumed those parts were 5/10 at most and wrote about 5-7 sentences for each.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 catb

Oisin came up in 2013 (I think) too, and it was the same as this years, as in there were three options and you answer two. The marking was 13 for best answer out of the two, 12 for the other one and then 5 for Irish, not 15marks each

Advertisement