Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LAst minutes tips for tomorrow any one?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,120 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

tonyheaney wrote: »
    what should i bring for tomorrow re: pens pencils rulers???

Two or three black or blue pens. You'd be fairly unlucky if they all ran out.
    You don't need anything else. Bottle of water maybe.

Good luck to you all, but especially those returning to education. When I was teaching, I used to love seeing them come in for exams.

**edit I forgot. If you are not known in your centre, bring a passport or driver's licence so that you can prove who you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

what should i bring for tomorrow re: pens pencils rulers???

2 blue pens, 2 black pens, a highlighter for marking off questions and keywords on your exam paper... That's all you need for English.
    Other than stationery, a watch if you're the type to get a crick in your neck from checking the wall-clock every few minutes, a bottle of water, and maybe a few non-noisy sweets for an energy boost!
    Best of luck and get a good night's sleep!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭tonyheaney

I have a pencil case filled with lots of pencils, two erasers, sharpner and blue red green black pen

That ok?

I have a pencil case filled with lots of pencils, two erasers, sharpner and blue red green black pen

That ok?

As above, don't use the pencil, red pen and green pen on your exam script.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭hurler97

spurious wrote:
    Leave red or green biros and Tippex at home. This applies to all exams.

Our teacher told us to write examples in our Business exam in green?!

• Advertisement

dee_mc wrote: »
    As above, don't use the pencil, red pen and green pen on your exam script.

ahh!! so dump the pencils then

You may need them for subjects like Geography or maybe maths, graphs etc, but pencil is a general no-no as it can smudge or fade 'in transit' to the corrector. You certainly won't need them for English.
    hurler97 wrote: »

Correctors use red pen to mark, and re-correctors use green. Just write your main script in blue and examples or headings etc in black (or vice versa) if you're set on using contrasting colours for clarity.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭mackcracknsack

Best of luck Tony!!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

hurler97 wrote: »
    I wish teachers who obviously don't correct wouldn't do this!

Initial examiner corrects in red, any second correctors use green, these colours stand out so they can easily find marks when they're totalling. If the student uses these, it's so easy to miss a mark. Black and blue give you more than enough choice, you don't actually get any additional marks for colour-coding!
    Pencil is harder to read, and can fade. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Don't bring in energy drinks, or soft drinks.

A friend of a friend did this two years ago, he opened a can of red bull, and it went all over his paper. Now he was lucky it was only five minutes in, and the examiner was fine about it, and helped him clean it up and re-start the paper.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,120 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

hurler97 wrote:

Please don't. Write them in blue or black like the rest of your paper. The examiner will know when you are giving an example. It does not need to be in a different colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭The_N4sir

Good luck everyone! I was in the same boat as ye last year. Although it may seem like the end of the world if these don't go your way, it really isn't. One of my mates last year missed his course by 5 points. He did a plc this year and is transferring into the course he wanted to do in September. There are plenty of ways to get into the course you really want.
    Again, good luck and enjoy the Summer afterwards.

:):):):):) :D:D:D:D:D GOOD LUCK EVERYONE

JUST finished paper 1 :) not too bad

Advertisement