Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 6 Episode 7 "The Broken Man" - "Non book readers"

Options
  • 05-06-2016 12:48pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,266 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Pre empting the upcoming episode post by including some highlights from the charter. I'll try to set up each episode in advance each week; thread will be unlocked on Sunday evening.

This is ONLY about the specific episode shown on TV! No information from any other source, interviews etc. are allowed to be posted with the one exception that SPOILER tagged lore from the DVD releases and interviews will be allowed in the thread. Such information has to directly relate to the episode however and be clearly marked as for example "DVD lore from Season X relating to matter Y"
    Lore and conclusions go here

This means book readers are allowed to post but they can not reference ANYTHING from the books.

In addition anyone picking up 3 yellow cards will be banned from the forum for the current season; in case of serious enough transgressions the ban may come earlier than 3 cards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,289 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Oh snap

Howya Sandor

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I was expecting Arya to get caught eventually but I wasn't expecting it so soon. Seeing her get stabbed was absolutely horrible.

She'll pull through though, Waif is getting slaughtered.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Alanhooly

Maybe I need to watch it again when I'm not as tired, but,

Meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭youreadthat

Loved it! Much better than series 5 so far imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,954 ✭✭✭Degag

All I can say is Woof Woof!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭OneOfThem Stumbled

First episode that I felt went too quickly. Why couldn't the rest of the series have been like this?

It wasn't perfect: the acting at Bear Island and in Volantis could have been stronger, and the slaughter of the folk building the church/windmill felt odd (although I assume they had gold, how else were they getting food). But the Brotherhood without Banners came off as unusually creepy: hope they aren't merging them with the Brave Company. If the massacre was done by TBWB, I consider that quite a negative progression.

Riverun was great, but it would have fit more a season ago, back when the Red Wedding was a bit fresher. The attempts to gain troops on the part of Sansa and Jon were excellent, but a bit more of it wouldn't have hurt (they casually gloss over half a dozen houses in one sentence). The use of teleporters was also fairly fishy (I mean, that must have taken months all that travelling, yet no moves from the Boltons in that time?) Hope there is some more buildup, the "We've got to do a re-enactment of Stannis" by Jon was irksome.

King's Landing stuff was material that has already technically been covered, but it worked really well.

AND OH MY GOD! It is the first episode in the whole of Game of Thrones, in which multiple locations are shown, not to visit the Night's Watch.

Also HYPE is officially get'd.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭leonil7

- with jaime against the blackfish, the coming of brienne for the blackfish and the inevitable reunion with jaime, events might prove useful after all. jaime might just send over his 8000 lannister troops in aid to sansa in which he swore an oath to catlyn, and prove that he indeed is an oathbreaker no more and a true lannister- who always pays his debts.

- we are not sure whom sansa was writing to, probably little finger. would be better if it was robin arryn. at least reinforcements are on the way ;)

- nice to see the hound back .. having some group therapy session with ian macshane and his little amish-like community building a church. alas the price of peace is eternal vigilance and i suppose after the massacre the hound is back in smelling blood and reaping it. but where will he go?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,321 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Registered Users Posts: 37,898 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Who killed the villagers where the hound is ???

Was it theons uncle ??

Wheres Ramsey ??? He has not appeard in a while

Though arya was brown bread but she escaped

• Registered Users Posts: 2,727 ✭✭✭DeadHand

They hanged Al Swearengen!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,516 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

PTH2009 wrote: »

Was it theons uncle ??

The Hound tells you who they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Was it theons uncle ??

I'm assuming it was the Brotherhood Without Banners. THE HOUND mentioned something about it.

Did you all see THE HOUND??

THE HOUND is back!!!!!

....I literally squealed when I saw him. :o:D

I thought that was a very good episode overall. This season has been a triumph so far.

Episode Seven and still no sign of Dorne since the first show. I still maintain the producers have opted to cut that whole storyline after negative reaction....

Oh, there was Bronn too. And Lovejoy.

I love this show.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

leonil7 wrote: »
    - with jaime against the blackfish, the coming of brienne for the blackfish and the inevitable reunion with jaime, events might prove useful after all. jaime might just send over his 8000 lannister troops in aid to sansa in which he swore an oath to catlyn, and prove that he indeed is an oathbreaker no more and a true lannister- who always pays his debts.

- we are not sure whom sansa was writing to, probably little finger. would be better if it was robin arryn. at least reinforcements are on the way ;)

She was definitely writing to Littlefinger imo.He can rally the forces of the Vale.He appeared to make up with Robin Arryn.What was the vow that Blackfish spoke of?Sansa and iron,Jaime swore an oath to Cateyln Stark.

Great to see the Hound back,blood shall be spilt.Disliked the arc of the likely pillagers being the Brotherhood without Banners.. Thought they were pretty decent,honourable folk in the bloody time?

Telegraphed the whole waif's transformation into the little old lady with murderous intent.She is a goner now with Arya's likely survival.

Margery appears to be playing the High Sparrow,King's Landing scenes were mere window dressing and didn't add a whole lot to the episode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭OleRodrigo

Great to see Al Swearengen but a shame he died off so soon - he's perfect for GOT and would have made a great partner in crime for the Hound.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Rezident

Best TV show ever. They can even find a role for all your favourite actors (until they're dead by the end of their first episode).

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

seligehgit wrote: »
    King's Landing scenes were mere window dressing and didn't add a whole lot to the episode.

Yeah, not too much progression there, though I have to say I quite enjoyed Olenna's rather one sided conversation with Cersei;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PressRun

Blackfish is great. Loved how he was totally unintimidated by Jamie and the threats against Edmure's life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

the hound!!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Regarding Jaime's promise where if Catelyn freed him he would return Arya & Sansa, the oath which Blackfish referred to. Hasn't Jaime already broken that oath? When he returned to Kings Landing he made no effort to free Sansa although to be fair Robb and Catelyn were dead by that stage so maybe you could argue he had nowhere to free her to? Although he could have sent her to Blackfish.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,516 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Although he could have sent her to Blackfish.

Nobody knew where he was..he only recently retook Riverrun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PressRun

I assume Sansa is writing that letter to Baelish, as she still seems to have some loyalty left for him. He'll probably stroll in with the knights of the Vale at the last minute and save the day. He'll probably want something in return though and I could see him making a play to take the north for himself, unless Sansa intends to double-cross him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Was it theons uncle ??

Oh dear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

First few seasons = everybody dies

This season = nobody dies, they all come back for the dead

Jon Snow, the Hound, Arya stabbed a dozen times in the stomach and just brushes it off like a champ.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Ould Mr Brennan

PressRun wrote: »
    Blackfish is great. Loved how he was totally unintimidated by Jamie and the threats against Edmure's life.

Loved that myself. Really enjoyed this episode especially the hound

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Rezident wrote: »
    Best TV show ever.

You need to watch more TV shows buddy!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

another episode that dragged for me.

there building to something big just not fast enough in some stories.

bit of a waste of ian mcshane only 1 episode

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

That was a great episode didn't want it to end at all

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Good episode, better than last weeks. (different director)

However it was still a 'moving chess pieces' episode... now the third in a row...

And what happened was already assumed or known.

- The Hound is back... so CleganeBowl is still a on... which we largely assumed...
    - The Wildlings will fight for Jon.... we assumed this already.
    - Margery is playing fake-pious.... this we knew....
    - Jamie will retake Riverrun in all likelihood.
    - The Starks are struggling to find allies.... this we knew.
    - Yara Greyjoy will pay the gold price for quality box... this we did not know.
    - Her goal is to meet & ally with Danny... this we assumed.
    - Sansa emailed Little Finger (probably) asking for help.... we knew the Vale were marching north anyway...
    - We knew a girl would be nailed when we heard the uncharacteristically pleasent music accompanying her stunning view of Bravos..... TBH, I just want her to die.

As I said... a good episode, but the great game needs to get moving soon!

It will be a disappointment if the season climax is Cersei's trial by combat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

That opening scene made the series for me.

will clegane join up with the high sparrow now and fight as Gregors opponent?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭mikefoxo

That opening scene made the series for me.

will clegane join up with the high sparrow now and fight as Gregors opponent?

I don't really see why he would. He was living a peaceful life, not a devout one. There's no connection to the High Sparrow or his religion. The BWB weren't sent by Cersei. Plus he would have to travel a great distance in a short time to reach KL for the trial

Advertisement