Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English poetry, any educated guesses?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭legocrazy505

TheBiz wrote: »
    Well she came up last year, I wouldn't say 'oh she'll definitely come up' but there's always a chance

And her question was answered poorly. To be honest if you don't want her to come up why worry? There will be three others to pick from.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Leavingcert16

I have only done 5 poets so I was just wondering if I might get away with not focusing on her as much as the others

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Ovomos

Not about poetry but does anybody know if you're doing the feature article in p1 does it have a specific layout? Are there certain things I have to include?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭legocrazy505

Ovomos wrote: »
    Not about poetry but does anybody know if you're doing the feature article in p1 does it have a specific layout? Are there certain things I have to include?

Pretty sure it's just a title/heading at the top. Don't know if you include a name though because our teacher only really ever said you need a heading for it. The content just write it how an article normally is written and be aware of the audience you are writing to.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 cheeto

Dickinson or Bishop?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 855 ✭✭✭TSMGUY

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Ovomos

Pretty sure it's just a title/heading at the top. Don't know if you include a name though because our teacher only really ever said you need a heading for it. The content just write it how an article normally is written and be aware of the audience you are writing to.
    Ah so it's just like a normal essay only with a headline?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 cuprugby333

If you study only 3 poets there is a 92% chance of one coming up

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭emersyn

When you're quoting Dickinson are you expected to remember her exact capitalisation and punctuation?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Consonata

emersyn wrote:
    When you're quoting Dickinson are you expected to remember her exact capitalisation and punctuation?

It would be a very harsh examiner that would mark you down for that. But I guess if you can remember them,put them in, you might impress the marker

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭TheBiz

Crisis averted, hope everyone got who they wanted!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

No more guessing ... for this year anyway! ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement