Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Best Superhero TV Show Tournament!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I must be getting on a bit as I remember Alex Mack well. She was the girl that could turn herself into a puddle? No? I'll just move on then. Daredevil wins! Next it's a classic animation versus a 90s drama...

Mighty Mouse

260px-Superraton.jpg

VS

Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman

200px-Lois_%26_Clark_%28cast_members%29_-1.jpg

It's the classic American superhero mouse, Mighty Mouse, versus the 90s show that focused on the romance between Lois Lane and Clark Kent, starring Teri Hatcher and Dean Cain.

Which one should reach Round 2? Vote now.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 60,297 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Loved Mighty Mouse but I'm going for Lois & Clark just because of Teri Hatcher.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

The New Adventures Of Superman.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Teri Hatcher and Dean Cain were perfect as Lois and Clark and that's why it gets my vote. Tried re-watching it recently and it was a bit of a chore, but as a kid, I loved it so nostalgia factor wins out.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,614 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Lois and Clark

• Advertisement

Lois and Clark gets a resounding endorsement to go through. Next we have two modern-day shows colliding...

Avengers Assemble

Avengers_Assemble_TV_series.jpg

VS

Misfits

_49854829_misfits-large.jpg

It's the animated series that premiered on Disney in 2013 after The Avengers movie, Avengers Assemble, versus the show that aired on E4 about a group of young offenders who gained super powers, Misfits.

Which show do you like best? Vote now.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

Misfits

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Avengers Assemble.

Misfits

Avengers Assemble

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Misfits

Another entertaining tie there which sees Misfits get over the line and into the next round. Interesting one up next...

SuperTed

250px-Superted.JPG

VS

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

250px-Agents_of_SHIELD_logo.jpg

It's the animated show that first aired in the 1980s, SuperTed, versus the modern Joss Whedon-written series based on the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Two very different shows here which have their fans, but which one do you like? Vote now.

I can only vote one way here :) Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Agents of SHIELD, but it was a close call.

Watched the season 3 finale tonight and it's been getting better consistently. Has to be Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭JakeArmitage

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. advances to Round 2. Next up we have a 70s TV show and a 90s animated series colliding...

The Incredible Hulk

250px-TIHcredits.jpg

VS

Gargoyles

screenshot_45.jpg

It's the classic 70s show that starred Bill Bixby and Lou Ferrigno, The Incredible Hulk, versus the 90s animated series about stony creatures that come alive at night, Gargoyles.

Which show do you prefer? Vote now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭JakeArmitage

hulk

The Incredible Hulk

Gargoyles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Gargoyles

Hulk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Gargoyles

It's another nail-biting tie which sees The Incredible Hulk edge into Round 2 after a very close battle. Next it's a 90s animated series versus one from the 2000s...

X-Men

x-men-volume-1-20090423021939666-000.jpg

VS

Teen Titans

280px-TeenTitansTogether.png

It's the 1990s animated series with that famous theme tune, X-Men, versus the Cartoon Network's Teen Titans, which aired in the 2000s, based on the DC characters.

Which show should reach Round 2? Vote now.

X-Men

X-Men

• Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

X-Men

X-Men takes the win convincingly to reach Round 2. This next tie will be the final one I'll post this evening. I'll look to continue this tomorrow after 8 pm.

And our last tie of the evening is a big one featuring two female characters clashing...

Wonder Woman

lynda-carter-435.jpg

VS

Supergirl

neon_0001_large.jpg

It's the classic 70s show, Wonder Woman, starring Lynda Carter, versus the modern day show, Supergirl, starring Melissa Benoist.

Which show should reach Round 2? Vote now.

I'm old enough to remember Wonder Woman so it get's my vote and Lynda Carter was awesome

• Advertisement

Supergirl for me

Advertisement