Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Best Superhero TV Show Tournament!

Options
  • 03-06-2016 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭

We recently concluded our 'best superhero movie tournament' which resulted in The Dark Knight being declared the forum's favourite.

Now we are turning our attention to the small screen to discover what the forum thinks is the best superhero TV series.

If you're new, the game is simple, and based on games seen on the pro wrestling board among others. I have compiled a list of 64 superhero TV shows, using the likes of IGN, Youtube and Wiki in this process. If I wound up overlooking a classic I do apologize. I should also state that, just like with the previous movie tournament, I have been rather generous in the shows I am putting under the superhero umbrella.

As ever, the first character to get to 3 votes qualifies for the next round and the loser gets eliminated. Please try to give a reason why you are voting the way you are. We will go from 64 movies to 32, and then to 16, and so on until we reach the final.

Okay, so with that said, let's get to the first tie and we start with a big 'un...

Heroes

MV5BMjI3ODU0OTQ1MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzI0MTQ2MzE@._V1_.jpg

VS

Captain Planet and the Planeteers

captain-planet-and-the-planeteers-season-one-20110406000827715-000.jpg

It's the show from 2006, Heroes, about people who discover superhuman abilities, and which earned a lot of praise (early on),versus the early nineties animated show, Captain Planet and the Planeteers, about five youths with the power to summon the hero Captain Planet to protect the world.

Which show do you prefer? First to 3 votes goes through.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Earth, Fire, Wind, Water, Heart... Go Planet!

With your powers combined I am Captain Planet!!!

No contest, Captain Planet should be the clear winner here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Captain Planet

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Recently watched the "Belfast " based clips from a captain Planet episode and yeeeeesh, I can't in good conscience vote for that.

Heroes for me; it quickly squandered its own promise and the fans' goodwill, but that engaging first season alone made the show memorable and worthy of a renewal this year

• Registered Users Posts: 60,297 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Captain Planet

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Captain Planet gets over the line and takes the first spot in the second round. Next up we have a 1970s show vs a 1980s show.

Super Friends

250px-Super_Friends.jpg

VS

He-Man and the Masters of the Universe

he-man-and-the-masters-of-the-universe-season-one-volume-two-20060117044605821-000.jpg

It's Super Friends versus He-Man and the Masters of the Universe.

Which show do you prefer? Cast your votes now.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Advertisement

He-Man

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Iiiiii have the power. ... .... to give He-Man my vote

He-Man

He-Man gets a dominant win and advances to Round 2. Next up it's a 90s animated series versus a modern day one...

The Mask: Animated Series

250px-The_Mask_The_Animated_Series_cover.jpg

VS

Green Lantern: The Animated Series

Green-Lantern-The-Animated-Series.jpg

Two green heroes collide here as the animated series of The Mask, which I believe aired on RTE's The Den in the 90s, takes on the animated series of Green Lantern, which aired on the the Cartoon Network from 2011.

Which show do you prefer? Vote now.

The Mask.

• Advertisement

The Mask

• Registered Users Posts: 14,614 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

The Mask

• Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

The mask

The Mask earns a convincing win to advance. Next up it's a battle of two 90s animated shows...

The Tick

the-tick-vs-season-one-20060823063828762-000.jpg

VS

Superman: The Animated Series

wbsuperman_1111186570.jpg

It's the satirical superhero show first seen on FOX in 1994, The Tick, versus the Warner Bros. series that aired from '96 to 2000, Superman: The Animated Series.

Which show do you think deserves to reach Round 2? Vote now.

SPOON!!!

The Tick by a mile. Absolute Classic.

The Tick! Love it, what a show

Superman: The Animated Series. I don't actually know much about the tick apart from seeing some of the Patrick Warburton stuff

Superman

Superman

It will be tough to top that tie for drama as Superman: The Animated Series comes from 2-0 down to advance 3-2.

Next up it's a 60s animated show against a modern live-action one...

Spider-Man (1967 TV Series)

spider-man-1967_160_1178232964.jpg

VS

Agent Carter

1409571174jpg-c7385e_765w.jpg

It's the 60s classic animated show, Spider-Man, with the famous theme tune, versus the show inspired by Captain America's film forays, 2015's Agent Carter.

• Advertisement

Spiderman

Agent Carter

Agent Carter

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Agent Carter..

Agent Carter picks up the win to advance to Round 2. Next we have an interesting clash of a modern day show versus a 90s one.

Daredevil

daredevilthumb-1428603599142_large.jpg

VS

The Secret World of Alex Mack

Alex%2BMack.jpg

It's the Netflix series that debuted a year ago about the blind vigilante, Daredevil, versus the 90s Nickelodeon show about a kid drenched with chemicals that gains super powers, The Secret World of Alex Mack.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Daredevil, never heard about the other one and I'm a 90's kid..

Alex who? Daredevil for me.

Daredevil

Daredevil. Yeah I don't know what the other show is despite growing up in the 90s as well... Must not have been too popular here in Ireland

• Advertisement

I probably would've voted Daredevil too, but since he's through sympathy vote for Alex Mack - that show was great craic, surprised people are saying they hadn't heard of it... You all must be too young... ;)

Advertisement