Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What illegal drugs have you taken/smoked

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Phoebas wrote: »
    There isn't a country in the world that doesn't regulate medicines.

Not what I claimed.
    Is your view that SJW should be unregulated based on scientific evidence or just on the fact that it was once unregulated?

On the fact that it's OTC in most other Western countries. If their citizens can be trusted to make their own decisions regarding this product without having to shell out for a doctor's appointment every time, then so should we.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Once,but I never inhaled... ;);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

Phoebas wrote: »
    There isn't a country in the world that doesn't regulate medicines.

Is your view that SJW should be unregulated based on scientific evidence or just on the fact that it was once unregulated?

Take a trip to Cambodia...you'd be surprised what you can buy otc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

Pfft, state of yis.

You havent been high until you wash 4 packets of pop rocks down with a can of coke.

Newbs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭Andre 3000

I'd an awful Sherbet snorting addiction back in primary school. Great stuff to dry up a runny nose too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Banana skins ftw.

Smoked many a joints and done some MDMA at a few raves. Good times. Never done Cocaine or Ket, which seemed to be the main choice of drugs at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭BalcombeSt4

Libruim
    Xanax
    Dollies
    Valium
    Nitrazepam
    Temazepam
    Ativan
    Klonopin
    Codeine
    Morphine
    Dihydrocodeine
    Mephadrone
    Coke
    Hash/Weed
    Zolpidem
    Zopiclone
    Mushrooms
    E

I like getting keyed up and then taking some downers. Make me feel like a big man.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

arayess wrote: »
    if you want mind me asking , why?
    and what do you mean "be careful out there" it seems such generic advice it could apply to anything...care to elaborate?

myself

cocaine
    E
    MDMA

occasionally E/MDMA but cocaine was a drug of choice.

never made me an assh*le as suggested earlier , more like the sugar for adult comment.

*Edit
    I remember I took mushrooms once in Amsterdam. great day

A$$holes never think that that they are being a$$holes
    thats what makes them A$$holes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

I did an awful lot of drugs as a teen. They really messed me up. I was in an awful place mentally, and despite not enjoying them I was just looking for a way to get out of my head. They did a lot of damage to me.

The only drug I ever enjoyed was an OTC one, DXM. You get it in some cough bottles, it's a synthetic opiod. You need to drink about forty quids worth of it, and avoid the ones with with other drugs in them because you'll destroy your organs. I'd down about six or seven bottles. An hour later my arse would be exploding into the toilet bowl from all the sorbitol. Then I'd lie in a dark room and I would float off to heaven. It's like an opiate, and it was one of the nicest feelings I've ever had. I took it every night for a week then copped on because I could see myself doing it forever.

Now I'm off everything illegal. I could do them again, but the people I would want to do them with aren't into narcotics and the people who are I wouldn't want to get high with.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

mynamejeff wrote: »
    A$$holes never think that that they are being a$$holes
    thats what makes them A$$holes

maybe you are right but I'd assume one of the people would have told me I was misbehaving.
    which didnt happen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭LDN_Irish

Lyaiera wrote: »
    I did an awful lot of drugs as a teen. They really messed me up. I was in an awful place mentally, and despite not enjoying them I was just looking for a way to get out of my head. They did a lot of damage to me.

The only drug I ever enjoyed was an OTC one, DXM. You get it in some cough bottles, it's a synthetic opiod. You need to drink about forty quids worth of it, and avoid the ones with with other drugs in them because you'll destroy your organs. I'd down about six or seven bottles. An hour later my arse would be exploding into the toilet bowl from all the sorbitol. Then I'd lie in a dark room and I would float off to heaven. It's like an opiate, and it was one of the nicest feelings I've ever had. I took it every night for a week then copped on because I could see myself doing it forever.

Now I'm off everything illegal. I could do them again, but the people I would want to do them with aren't into narcotics and the people who are I wouldn't want to get high with.

It's not like an opioid at all. It's a dissociative just like ketamine. Dissasociatives don't feel anything like opiates really, but if that's your personal experience I can't really argue with it.

You can get opioid cough mixtures though, so maybe that's what you're thinking of. 6 or 7 bottles (of the opiate/opioid mixtures) sounds like massive OD territory though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

endacl wrote: »
    Instant arsehole. Every time.
    Are you talking about your experience of people on it, yourself on it or me?

I find that people that are arseholes on it are arseholes off it too.
    That said I know substances can have different effects on different people, just my own experiences with it so far has not been like what has been said.
    If I'm in the minority that is fine, just wondering out of curiosity.

LDN_Irish wrote: »
    It's not like an opioid at all. It's a dissociative just like ketamine. Dissasociatives don't feel anything like opiates really, but if that's your personal experience I can't really argue with it.

You can get opioid cough mixtures though, so maybe that's what you're thinking of. 6 or 7 bottles (of the opiate/opioid mixtures) sounds like massive OD territory though.

I'll bow to your superior knowledge. I honestly did feel like I was floating in a warm fluffy cloud. It definitely wasn't anything like codeine. Dextromethorphan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭LDN_Irish

Lyaiera wrote: »
    I'll bow to your superior knowledge. I honestly did feel like I was floating in a warm fluffy cloud. It definitely wasn't anything like codeine. Dextromethorphan.

Warm fluffy cloud sounds like a step or 2 before a "K-hole", which makes sense because DXM and ketamine are almost identical in action. Opioids feel very different though. There are surely millions of opioid users who'd be very jealous of you if you feel the same way off of DXM :)

LDN_Irish wrote: »
    Warm fluffy cloud sounds like a step or 2 before a "K-hole", which makes sense because DXM and ketamine are almost identical in action. Opioids feel very different though. There are surely millions of opioid users who'd be very jealous of you if you feel the same way off of DXM :)

I did up my dosage on occasion to "trip balls" as they say. At one point I was lying in bed, reached up and touched an inverted pyramid of infinity, I was reduced to the size of a particle so small as to be nonexistent and thus became one with the world. Good times.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Valentina wrote: »
    Tried weed a few times. It just made me sleepy.

Have taken MDMA a few times and it was very pleasant indeed.

That would have been indica then Sativa keeps you active.

http://www.leafscience.com/2014/06/19/indica-vs-sativa-understanding-differences/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

i know people who do bags of coke ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I'd like to hear more people's expeirience's while on these drugs rather than just lists

I've taken E's , Speed, Cocaine and smoked and eaten Weed

E's: did it about 8 or 9 times in my early 20's and it was an amazing feeling I used to get a real love buzz off it and it helped that everytime I took it was at a disco or whatever, One night I took it thinking we were going to a disco after the pub and ended up at home dancing on my bed till 6 in the morning , Had one bad reaction off it and never did it again (not bad so to speak but it was like a 1000 hangovers at once)

Cocaine: Did it a few times and didn't really get much off it , not fussed by it

Speed: Did this once and never ever again . Was at a house party and said **** it I'd try it , it just made me paranoid as **** and felt like everyone in the room was out to get me never ever again

Weed/Hash: Have smoked this since i was about 17 and never had any problem with it I'd rather smoke a joint than drink a pint but the best buzz I ever got off weed was when I made weed brownies with it , Holy shi,t it was the best feeling ever usually when you smoke it you're head feels stoned but when I ate it , it felt like my whole body was stoned and it was way more intense aswell and lasted longer

• Registered Users Posts: 17 brian00278

Weed/Hash: Have smoked this since i was about 17 and never had any problem with it I'd rather smoke a joint than drink a pint but the best buzz I ever got off weed was when I made weed brownies with it , Holy shi,t it was the best feeling ever usually when you smoke it you're head feels stoned but when I ate it , it felt like my whole body was stoned and it was way more intense aswell and lasted longer[/QUOTE]

Well if you liked that you should try shrooms, all you do is laugh and laugh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭ASoberThought

brian00278 wrote: »
    Weed/Hash: Have smoked this since i was about 17 and never had any problem with it I'd rather smoke a joint than drink a pint but the best buzz I ever got off weed was when I made weed brownies with it , Holy shi,t it was the best feeling ever usually when you smoke it you're head feels stoned but when I ate it , it felt like my whole body was stoned and it was way more intense aswell and lasted longer

Well if you liked that you should try shrooms, all you do is laugh and laugh.[/quote]

What a massive misrepresentation of mushrooms.
    No, laughter is not guaranteed and it is certainly not the only aspect of a mushroom trip to consider!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

Nicotine
    Valium
    Vicodin
    Marijuana
    Ecstasy
    Alcohol

Cocaine

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Lots of those aren't illegal

• Registered Users Posts: 13,821 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

See, I think people are mixing up taking drugs with enjoying drugs. As a younger me, I first encountered Ecstacy through my brother. I could never understand why he, and his friends, ended up taking 15-25 a night. I was very intrigued by them, as I was a massive fan of the music. So I decided to take the plunge at 16 and try my first "yoke". Started with a half, and it done me for about 6 hours. Dancing away, loving the rush and the music. Great stuff altogether. I continued to periodically take them, once a month or so. The most I've ever taken is 4, and I knew putting the 4th one into my mouth that it wasn't going to do much different, and it didn't. So I went to bed. And that became my theme, i'd just head to bed when I had enough. Could sleep too, which people found strange, but as I explained to them, I've hit the peak and nothing will bring me back up there, so why bother wasting time trying.

The comedown can be horrendous though. Luckily, back in my day of Mitsi Turbos and Doves, they were "clean" by todays standards. Little to no skag off them, and I could easily eat a fine fry the following day, which apparently is also not something most people do after ecstacy. I've also tried MDMA, pure good tack too, and it is the best high as long as you get the good stuff. Same as ecstacy but you're more aware. Did have a couple of bad experiences, puking, etc. I was at a Mauro Picotto gig in Salthill one year, took a half as it was still early days for me, took the other half after 30 minutes, ended up getting in a bit of a controlled state, didn't know what to do with myself. My brother brought me over to the speaker stacks, told me to hold onto the industrial straps holding the stack together. Spent the next 2 hours massaging the straps. Saved my life I think!

Anyway, i'm a proponent of weed, as in a controlled legal way, it is literally a life saving drug for some (check youtube for reactions to weed in seizure sufferers, and find Charlottes Web there too, amazing story of how a high CPD but extremely low THC strain of weed saved a 6 year olds life). I think weed is amazing, but can also be abused. Depending on the strain, you can get a weed for any occasion nearly. I look forward to the day it's legalised.

Cocaine, it can be an amazing drug, but people abuse this one the most in my opinion. They see all the films where the actors are shovelling the stuff up their noses. That's the wrong way to take it imo. A small little line every hour or so, just to keep you perked, is all one needs. Most people take too much and turn into these a-holes on it, because the drugs is making them think they're invincible. Coke can be great with the good stuff, but again abuse is giving it a bad name.

Ketamine. Strange one this. I only ever had it after taking a few yokes, and it was a very different experience. My hands and body were fuzzy, as were my eyes, jaw was going 90, couldn't sit still but didn't want to either. Don't know what it's like by itself, always wanted to know but never got the chance.

Speed. Horrible drug. Don't know why anyone would want it. Keeps you awake when you don't want to be, didn't do anything for the buzz at the time really, just gave my body energy but my mind was worn out. Wanted to sleep but couldn't. Have never touched, and will never touch it again.

Salvia. My introduction, and the gate I've never passed, to hallucinogens. I thoroughly enjoyed this stuff. A 5 minute trip with no side effects and no evidence of use (visually) after it's over. Great stuff. Can't remember the strength I tried, but I had a lovely couple of trips, all the while fully aware I was tripping. And when you snap out of it, it's gone. Don't know much with regards how it affects you after the fact, but I can't relate anything to a relapse of it.

I'd love to try acid, i'd say it would be great craic, but i'm not in the right frame of mind to take it, as I heard that it plays on that. So I don't think i'll ever take it, due to the fear of it.

Nearly all drugs can be taken safely (even heroin), but it's all down to that persons will, and some people just can't fight off the annoying tickle of the inner druggie wanting more. So bring on the legalisation of weed! I'll never drink again!

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Subacio

Had a slice and a half of space cake in Amsterdam one night, and later had one of the longest fits of laughter I've ever had.

The next morning I asked my wife what did I find so funny. She said "I don't know. The only words I could understand were 'suicide bomber'."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

Smoked a bit of hash on and off years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,397 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I've tried most bar heroin and DMT, I'm mainly a weed man but like MDMA at events and festivals. People were asking about 2-CB is it it not a combination of MDMA and acid. Its got the up of mdma and the trippy visuals of acid but not the extreme trip like taking a full tab of acid. The time I took 2-CB in 2010 at RockNess festival I felt I was at a perpetual comedy tent, laughing, falling down, laughing and falling down. I really have to admit I enjoyed it, was peaking as the Bloody Beetroots Death Crew 1977 were ripping through a set and thousands of demented drug crazed Scots going mental to the sound. It must have looked wild from the stage.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Mr. FoggPatches

Got a lift off a couple of guys in america one time. In the boot of the car they had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, and a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers... and also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of Budweiser, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.
    Not that they needed all that for the trip, but once you get locked into a serious drug collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can

• Registered Users Posts: 12,151 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Mostly weed and MDMA, just the crystals I don't bother with the pills cos there all kinds of muck in them. I don't understand why people are still taking pills these days when clean MDMA is widely available and quite affordable.

Also tried coke and speed neither of which I liked. The coke just made my face really numb and the speed just kept me awake. Neither are as fun as MDMA imo. Tried ket once too but I took way too much (i was hammered) and it was really not a good time

Haven't dabled with acid or 2 CB or shrooms or any of the trippy stuff yet but I'm sure the day will come. Not sure id give 2CB a go though. Those synthetic drugs can be dodgy. Wasn't it some kind of synthetic haleucinogenic that those poor f*ckers took at that house party in Cork? Someone died and another fella was outside chewing the curb when the cops showed up or something? Mad stuff.

Most drugs can be enjoyed safely if you're not and idiot and you don't surround yourself with other idiots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,397 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Got a lift off a couple of guys in america one time. In the boot of the car they had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, and a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers... and also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of Budweiser, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.
    Not that they needed all that for the trip, but once you get locked into a serious drug collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can

Just admiring the shape of your skull, did I just say that.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Advertisement