Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HGVs on secondary roads

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭deravarra

NiallBoo wrote: »
    Quite right OP, it's everyone else that's wrong...

Well, if you had managed to be able to read and comprehend you wouldn't have a problem.

The kind of responses I am getting here would be best suited in after hours.

My mistake was thinking there was a little more than a few brain cells shared amongst the readership. I was wrong - obviously - as evidenced by some of the responses.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

deravarra wrote: »
    Well, if you had managed to be able to read and comprehend you wouldn't have a problem.

The kind of responses I am getting here would be best suited in after hours.

My mistake was thinking there was a little more than a few brain cells shared amongst the readership. I was wrong - obviously - as evidenced by some of the responses.

So, how long ( in km's ) were you behind this truck ?

gctest50 wrote: »
    So, how long ( in km's ) were you behind this truck ?

I was approx. 5-6 miles - so that would equate to approx. 8 to under 10 kms.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

About 12 minutes ? vs. about 5 minutes @ about 96km/h

http://www.free-online-calculator-use.com/drive-time-calculator.html#calculator

you've wasted more of your life on here complaining about it

as you were saying ...... :

gctest50 wrote: »
    About 12 minutes ? vs. about 5 minutes @ about 96km/h

http://www.free-online-calculator-use.com/drive-time-calculator.html#calculator

you've wasted more of your life on here complaining about it

as you were saying ...... :

Yes, and you're another shining example of those who would be best suited to after hours

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

sounds like the truck driver wasn't the most courteous BUT...

why didn't you just overtake him? if the road was wide enough that there was space to the left for the truck to move to then there must have been plenty of space to the right for you to overtake.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

Yes, and you're another shining example of those who would be best suited to after hours

Can I ask You 2 questions Deravarra?

1) Why are You calling everyone names and accusing them of a lack of 'brain cells' all because they disagree with your line of thought? &

2) Do You HONESTLY think you have a right to enforce a truck driver to break the law ( expecting him/her to pull into the hard shoulder is a offence now ) just so you can pass him/her?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,689 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

So you were following this truck for about 10 km and at no point were you able to safely overtake it?

What do you drive OP out of curiosity?

General Side note: It's perfectly legal for a vehicle to briefly move into a hard shoulder if safe to do so and to allow faster traffic to pass. Not only that it's the courteous thing to do if driving a slower-moving/accelerating vehicle. The amount of people who don't know this is amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Was there a solid white line the entire time?

=-=

HGV's sometimes pull in if there's a build up of traffic behind them. Two cars isn't a build up, and I didn't see where you mentioned that he veered over the white line to prevent you from overtaking him.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

This isn't Afterhours and please focus on the poster's posts and not the poster.

Play the ball and not the man.

• Advertisement
Advertisement