Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€15 - 20GB + Unlimited any network calls and texts + free roaming - Lycamobile

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

When you activate a new bundle online there is a box you select for auto renewal, what you are looking to do will work fine as long as you have auto renewal selected and as long as you have sufficient credit to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭54and56

Aquos76 wrote: »
    When you activate a new bundle online there is a box you select for auto renewal, what you are looking to do will work fine as long as you have auto renewal selected and as long as you have sufficient credit to do so.

No, it simply doesn't work for me like that. I tried several times to set up the bundle with the auto renew option box ticked and the following month it doesn't renew. It's something to do with their system not being able to allow one debit card to be used for more than one account.

It's a royal pain in the ar$e for me to have to to 3 top ups and then purchase 3 bundles every month!! First world problem I know but still a pain.

BTW, does anyone know if it's possible to forward calls from a Lycamobile number? I'd like to auto forward a personal Lycamobile number to a work mobile for a couple of weeks. When I go into phone ->settings -> Call Settings -> GSM call settings -> Call forwarding and click that option I just get an error "Call Settings error. Network or SIM car error".

Its as though call forwarding is blanket disabled on the network and isn't an option. Same applies when I try to change the number thats preset for forwarding when busy, when unanswered and when unreachable. I checked on the Lycamobile website and there's no mention of how to do it.

Any suggestions how I can do it?

No, it simply doesn't work for me like that. I tried several times to set up the bundle with the auto renew option box ticked and the following month it doesn't renew. It's something to do with their system not being able to allow one debit card to be used for more than one account.

It's a royal pain in the ar$e for me to have to to 3 top ups and then purchase 3 bundles every month!! First world problem I know but still a pain.

BTW, does anyone know if it's possible to forward calls from a Lycamobile number? I'd like to auto forward a personal Lycamobile number to a work mobile for a couple of weeks. When I go into phone ->settings -> Call Settings -> GSM call settings -> Call forwarding and click that option I just get an error "Call Settings error. Network or SIM car error".

Its as though call forwarding is blanket disabled on the network and isn't an option. Same applies when I try to change the number thats preset for forwarding when busy, when unanswered and when unreachable. I checked on the Lycamobile website and there's no mention of how to do it.

Any suggestions how I can do it?

I've only ever set up auto renew on their plans when it's taken from their credit balance which I have manually added to their account prior to their plans expiring.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭maurice1

Lyca doesn't support call forwarding

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

So seriously whats the story with them?

If you google 'lycamobile review' your first hit is 'ie.trustpilot.review' which appears to have a lot of customer reviews. And every single one of those reviews, without exception it seems, is horrendous. Like service not working, CS not answering, CS hanging up on you, CS ignoring number transfers. Basically people seem just shy of wondering whether this company actually exists or not.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭mikeoneilly

If you google 'lycamobile review' your first hit is 'ie.trustpilot.review' which appears to have a lot of customer reviews. And every single one of those reviews, without exception it seems, is horrendous. Like service not working, CS not answering, CS hanging up on you, CS ignoring number transfers. Basically people seem just shy of wondering whether this company actually exists or not.

i've been having trouble contacting one of the kids on lyca,dunno what the problem is

They're kinda right. CS is a nightmare, They are badly trained, seem to speak english as a second language and don't know how to help customers . I've been told on 4 separate occasions that they would call back but never did.

The info they sometimes SMS you is incorrect eg 2 weeks ago in UK SMS says "Your feel at home service is now active. You can make and receive calls like you are in Ireland." When I look at my bill I was charged for ringing an Dublin mobile,

They give me a UK number on the same sim which is convenient, So I forward my 3UK number to my free UK number. Saves carrying 2 phones. However I wouldn't transfer my real UK number as I wouldn't trust Lyca not to cock it up.

Roaming settings can be very fiddly to set up and CS is useless for it.

They were very cheap before January 2017.
    If their plans suit you and you don't use 4G and are good with google and naturally patient, then Lyca may be good.

I've got used to them, but I wouldn't recommend them to a friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭September1

I have same feelings after using them for 1.5 year. They have useless CS, slow internet, frequent SMS problems and complicated tariff structure. However there is no other network that permits multiple numbers on one SIM and would have free roaming in US and Australia.

The roaming has changed:

Just looked at roaming in UK and now
    15c/min for landline
    15c/min for mobile
    receiving is now 1c/min

In January 2017 this was
    1c/min Landline
    9c /min Mobile
    Free receiving

Serious percentage price rises

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Isn't there going to be an EU wide cessation of roaming charges come April or June or some time this year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

maurice1 wrote: »
    The roaming has changed:....... Serious percentage price rises

I wonder when does the following apply ( from Lyca.ie )

United Kingdom

Low cost calls and texts in the United Kingdom with no roaming charges
    Travelling to the UK and want to continue using your Lycamobile SIM for low-cost calls and texts? No problem - avoid roaming charges with Lycamobile 2 in 1, a new service that allows you to add a UK number to your Lycamobile Ireland SIM.
    To activate your new UK number on your Lycamobile Ireland SIM:
    Dial *140*44#
    Text SUB 44 to 3225 for free and follow the instructions.
    Call customer service on 1923 from your Lycamobile while in Ireland

Once you activate the Lyca 2 in 1 you can enjoy the Ireland's Lycamobile' s cheapest National & International rates while you are roaming in UK

I use Lyca for outgoing calls, Maurice1 sums them up well with :

"I've got used to them, but I wouldn't recommend them to a friend. "

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭starface

I read through the comments and I'm still not sure in two things.

Can anyone tell me if you can ring other mobile networks with this bundle or is it just unlimited to landlines?

Are 1850 numbers included as National numbers or just landlines with an Irish area code?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

starface wrote: »
    I read through the comments and I'm still not sure in two things.

Can anyone tell me if you can ring other mobile networks with this bundle or is it just unlimited to landlines?

Are 1850 numbers included as National numbers or just landlines with an Irish area code?

Yes all mobile networks are included in the bundle

No (99% sure) 1850 numbers are not included

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭homingbird

http://imgur.com/a/rAbrd

Can you use topup vouchers to activate this offer & if so they only sell 5 & 10 euro topup vouchers so would you get the deal as you would be topping up the account twice to get it too 15 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭mikeoneilly

homingbird wrote: »

Can you use topup vouchers to activate this offer & if so they only sell 5 & 10 euro topup vouchers so would you get the deal as you would be topping up the account twice to get it too 15 euro.
    I don't think that will work

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,486 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

No, you have to buy the topup online for €15 in one go to do this deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

FWIW CPW will sell you €20 top up voucher

Unlimited Texts aren't included in the €15 top up by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Are others having any​ issues renewing bundles online?Is there any means to auto renew bundles online?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

seligehgit wrote: »
    Are others having any issues renewing bundles online?Is there any means to auto renew bundles online?

Yes there is a auto renewal tick box somewhere. Think it's on the screen you select the bundle from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

cronos wrote: »
    Yes there is a auto renewal tick box somewhere. Think it's on the screen you select the bundle from.

Thanks I managed to top up using Mozilla Firefox,serious issues with topping up via Chrome.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭xlogo

Anyone used the free roaming in the USA and what's it like?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

xlogo wrote: »
    Anyone used the free roaming in the USA and what's it like?

Family have used it in New York and it worked perfectly. This for voice and texts.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Sneachta

Thinking of switching to Meteor 10€ off deal until end of month comes with 4g. Any way to use credit to buy apps before I change?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Sneachta wrote: »
    Thinking of switching to Meteor 10€ off deal until end of month comes with 4g. Any way to use credit to buy apps before I change?

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Offer on their homepage now saying this offer is €7.50 when you switch to lyca.

30GB 3G data
    Unlimited national calls
    Unlimited national texts

Presumably the discount only applies to the first month but might suit someone who wants to try out the network.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Duzzie

Does anyone have the Data M data only bundle? If so, how do you find it for speed and stability. I have a dual sim phone with a phone sim package from another provider, which I intend to keep, but keep straying over my monthly data limit. At €9.99 for 20GB of data per month, it is cheaper than by current out of bundle charges. Im thinking of keeping my current sim for calls / texts etc but adding the data only sim for t'internet as my second sim. I've never used Lycamoble, so know very little about them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Read through this thread. It's an education on Lycamobile. And then you'll know all about them!

Why not just go with the Lycamobile €15 all in package?
    You could do that after testing the waters with the data only plan for a month or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

Does Lyca come with 4G now - I see they are saying that all data is 4G now on their website. Anyone getting it ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,486 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Ogham wrote: »
    Does Lyca come with 4G now - I see they are saying that all data is 4G now on their website. Anyone getting it ?

No and I see no mention of 4G anywhere on their website!

Advertisement