Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do people think that you're weird?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Can I also be your friend?

me too :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭The Masculinist

People who look for advice from After Hours are weirdos. Why don't they post a needy FB update like everyone else. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

I have my head tattooed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭The Masculinist

I have my head tattooed.

No offence, but I wouldn't trust you with my jack russell.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Deregos.

Everything about me is just downright weird. . . You should see the shape of my thingy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

boobar wrote: »
    I go to the cinema on my own.

My wife doesn't have the same taste in movies.

This makes me very weird and a loser apparently.

Ignore that ****.

I go to 1pm screenings in my local cinema when there's movies I wanna see. Only time I gotta share the cinema with anyone else is when there a midterm break in the secondary schools.

You got a good this going with your lone viewings, I wish you luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,212 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

KatW4 wrote: »
    My friend thinks I'm weird because I wear jeans around the house instead of pyjamas and because I wear a bra to bed!

Lord Sewel I presume?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

That makes two of us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Why do people think I'm weird?

Cause I am.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I'm pretty quiet until I get to know people and I don't smile all the time mostly with a blank expression people find that weird.
    I prefer nights in to nights out. I love going to concerts by myself saves me having to drag someone along.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I don't like doing nothing, lazy days, pyjamas, ice cream, X-Factor, Strictly come dancing. I don't like beaches.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Freaks, the lot of ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

I was so sorry to read about your poor dog's death, Masculinist. There were some poisonings in the news this morning, too, and I thought of you. I hope you find out exactly who was responsible and get them held responsible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

On a lazy Sunday afternoon they would be all sat upright on the sofa with their jeans and comfortable shoes.

If I wasn't going anywhere, I'd stay in my pyjamas but when I get home I just can't be bothered changing. I wouldn't be wearing shoes all day though :O

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

I don't like to dance. Seriously it's not a joke. I really won't have fun if I just get up and dance. I can still have a good time without dancing, honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

I place the lotion in the basket. I do this whenever I'm told.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭DigiMarc

I don't like music and hate sing-a-longs. Music in a pub, no thanks. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

The look some people give you when you tell them you travel alone.

And when you tell them you don't drink tea. They look at you in bewilderment and offer you a cup of milk.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭schizo1014

DigiMarc wrote: »

Madness! Everyone should like music, even if it's sh!te.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

The look some people give you when you tell them you travel alone.
    Aglomerado wrote: »
    I go to gigs and travel abroad on my own.

tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

DigiMarc wrote: »

AT LAST I HAVE FOUND ANOTHER!!!!!!!!!!

I don't like to dance. Seriously it's not a joke. I really won't have fun if I just get up and dance. I can still have a good time without dancing, honest!

Yeah this one I don't get. I've seen it so often at clubs and Christmas parties and so on. There seems to be this obligation to get up and dance at some point. It's almost like they're just dancing for the sake of it, like the night isn't complete without it. If you hear a great song and the mood strikes then go for it, but more often than not it just seems forced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭manonboard

I work really hard on self awareness and emotional independence. After enough progress, It can make one seem quite weird to others. You lose the motivational needs to fulfil lots of societal norms. It exhibits as a lack of interest in some things, which is quite apparent in the lack of reaction or attempt to prolong it.
    It also can seem like you don't care, when you do care, but your fine with the way things are for a whole host of reasons. E.Gg: Not being affected by it in any negative way.

example: I told my boss the other day I don't mind if the project gets complete on time or not.
    It's not that i dont want it to get completed on time. It'd make some others happy and that's always nice. However the project doesnt benefit from me having unhappy feelings or being stressed. My life wont change in any way. My identity is not related to it. I go to work, I work hard because I enjoy my work and my time is very valuable to me.

Example: Being way too open about any emotion. People are oddly freaked out when you say "I'm feeling xyz". Emotions are still taboo for most people unless close.

Oh and i'm polyamorous. That seems to make people think i'm a sex addict and unfaithful. In reality, I'm very monogamous, I just don't think i have a right to restrict another or pressure another to not use their time, body or heart any way they want.
    It's a weird message we give to people. We tell them they have a right to bodily/time autonomy and then encourage relationships where they are not allowed have it, but must continue to believe they have.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,607 ✭✭✭✭briany

Yeah this one I don't get. I've seen it so often at clubs and Christmas parties and so on. There seems to be this obligation to get up and dance at some point. It's almost like they're just dancing for the sake of it, like the night isn't complete without it. If you hear a great song and the mood strikes then go for it, but more often than not it just seems forced.

I've seen a lot of people get up to dance at pubs, clubs and weddings, and it's almost always sparked off by a couple of girls, or a girl and a guy. They're into it. The rest who get up seem inspired by those first couple of people and the sense of fun they're creating. Usually, the majority of people seem into it as well, but that could just be me not being observant of someone's subtle facial cues saying, 'get me outta here'.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Because I'm 31 and smoke a pipe. Yes I know I'm not an old man! Old pipe smokers were once young pipe smokers.

briany wrote: »
    I've seen a lot of people get up to dance at pubs, clubs and weddings, and it's almost always sparked off by a couple of girls, or a girl and a guy. They're into it. The rest who get up seem inspired by those first couple of people and the sense of fun they're creating. Usually, the majority of people seem into it as well, but that could just be me not being observant of someone's subtle facial cues saying, 'get me outta here'.

Yeah that can happen too but sometimes you see people been literally dragged onto the dance floor. Fast forward to Monday morning at work and the conversation is about the "dry shytes" that wouldn't get up and dance. I couldn't care less who dances and who doesn't. If you're having a good time that's all that matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

Yeah that can happen too but sometimes you see people been literally dragged onto the dance floor. Fast forward to Monday morning at work and the conversation is about the "dry shytes" that wouldn't get up and dance. I couldn't care less who dances and who doesn't. If you're having a good time that's all that matters.

Exactly. It's like they think I can't possibly have a good night out unless I get up and dance. And if I don't get up and dance not only have I ruined my night out but I've ruined theirs too. Why is it so unbelievable and weird that I really, truly don't like dancing and I really, truly CAN still have a good night even if I don't dance?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I've had other women look at me as if I have two heads when I say I don't watch any of the soaps. I can't abide them, they just seem to be all the same , doom and gloom , big whiney heads on them all.

• Advertisement

Exactly. It's like they think I can't possibly have a good night out unless I get up and dance. And if I don't get up and dance not only have I ruined my night out but I've ruined theirs too. Why is it so unbelievable and weird that I really, truly don't like dancing and I really, truly CAN still have a good night even if I don't dance?

I always feel like a prat when I dance, even when I'm totally pissed. I have duck feet and usually end up stepping on peoples toes. It's easy to spot me on the dance floor as everyone around me is usually hopping up and down on one foot with a grimace on their face.

Advertisement