Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do people think that you're weird?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Where Im from in rural kerry they consider me weird as I'm not into the holy triumvirate of church, gaa and alcohol. Sure people thought I was gay for having long hair and being into books and music. Its funny how people are suspicious of the ones who read there.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Disgruntled Badger

I was thinking, yeah I'm pretty normal, no one has ever called me weird. But then I remembered that I'm a complete bag of cats in my head. I checked a few times and it turns out some of the stuff is really best kept to myself.

I don't mind though. Normal wouldn't suit me.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭schizo1014

I was told by my mates people thought I was weird after one night out someone asked what was wrong with me and I said with a straight face "I've no willy" and "I can have you killed" apparantly these great Irish people had never seen Father Ted before, so maybe my sense of humour is just weird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭...And Justice

I like to have an afternoon spank in the shower at the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭TheBiz

FortySeven wrote: »
    Well, this is awkward. Maybe we just bypass your one?

I'm a guy, but I'm sure there's plenty other weird and female fish in the sea

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

I guess I don't watch Game of Thrones that doesn't make me hip or down with the kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,199 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

I have never watched Game of Thrones, and I like Smithwicks.
    Is that weird enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭well spoken man

I don't like Bruce Springsteen....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Where Im from in rural kerry they consider me weird as I'm not into the holy triumvirate of church, gaa and alcohol. Sure people thought I was gay for having long hair and being into books and music. Its funny how people are suspicious of the ones who read there.

Same- no interest in any of the above. It definitely scares or unsettles people for some reason!

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭well spoken man

Because I don't like the aul dogging......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Because I'm quiet.

No no no, you have to be AGGRESSIVE. (yay)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭trixychic

Everyone freaks out cause I don't drink tea or coffee and will only drunk hot chocolae if I'm freezing in winter. Ha

Oj and because I say eveything out loud... no filter im my mouth. I see it as I say it.... LITERALLY.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Avonne

LirW wrote: »
    People think I'm weird because I really really REALLY don't like Pizza.
    I was the same, I'd always get "what do you mean you don't like pizza, everyone likes pizza". No, no they don't.

I've grown to like the sizzler from dominos but I need a half gallon of garlic and herb dip and lots of jalapenos or I won't eat it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,852 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Looks like we've got a reader here.
    schizo1014 wrote: »
    I was told by my mates people thought I was weird after one night out someone asked what was wrong with me and I said with a straight face "I've no willy" and "I can have you killed" apparantly these great Irish people had never seen Father Ted before, so maybe my sense of humour is just weird.

If they haven't seen an episode of Father Ted then they're the weird ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭zzfh

Same as above,because i don't like tea or coffee...or apple tart. Blasphemy apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

zzfh wrote: »
    Same as above,because i don't like tea or coffee...or apple tart. Blasphemy apparently.

Tea and coffee I can understand...but apple tart? That's just weird.Go on and have a small slice with your red lemonade ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

I hardly ever drink alcohol.
    I hate football, rugby and GAA (and all other sports).
    I like spending a lot of time alone.
    I don't talk much, unless I have something to say.
    Every time I sneeze, I simultaneously shout "fuck".
    Oh, and I have a third nipple, which is more rare than weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

I don't have a sweet tooth and I never order dessert in restaurants. Much to the chagrin of friends who like to 'share' dessert in order to assuage their guilt! This has lead to many accusations of weirdness.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭zzfh

JackieChan wrote: »
    Tea and coffee I can understand...but apple tart? That's just weird.Go on and have a small slice with your red lemonade ;)

or red lemonade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭legocrazy505

Since I'm in secondary school I can basically list a whole pile.
    • I don't talk a lot during class (been the same way for all my life). They expect 6th years to be all loud mouth and stuff apparently shouting "GURL GURL" every time they see, well, a girl.
    • Don't like social events, to prove this I'm willing to say I actually went to bed early after the graduation ceremony last week rather than going out with anyone.
    • Don't like tea/coffee or pretty much any other hot drink.
    • My friend and I spend most of our time discussing politics, video games or current science topics over sports and girls. We were discussing how Trump could win the general when no teacher turned up to religion class and the messers behind us just started saying "ooooo politics". All they were discussing at the time was the "ses" they were going to have after graduation.
    • The four people who admit they are atheists in my year are considered "weird" even though most of the people who think it's weird couldn't stop giggling through the "graduation mass".
    • I hate PE class and pretty much any sport that requires me to play with "teammates", gym classes were the only thing I enjoyed.

Yeah I know some of these don't really count in adult life but this is only a taster of why I am considered "weird" to the "normal" sixth years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

osarusan wrote: »
    I travel round the country watching League of Ireland football.

You win!! ☺

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

zzfh wrote: »
    or red lemonade.

I used to despise apple tart as a kid as my mother would put cloves in it....now plenty of sugar makes it edible!

RayM wrote: »
    I hardly ever drink alcohol.
    I hate football, rugby and GAA (and all other sports).
    I like spending a lot of time alone.
    I don't talk much, unless I have something to say.
    Every time I sneeze, I simultaneously shout "fuck".
    Oh, and I have a third nipple, which is more rare than weird.

Your third nipple reminded me of my heterochromatism. I'd forgotten about it.
    Whether people find it weird, I don't know.

Your third nipple reminded me of my heterochromatism. I'd forgotten about it.
    Whether people find it weird, I don't know.

What is that?

What is that?

Two different colour ones.
    Eyes, not nipples.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

What is that?

It's a nubbin.

It's a nubbin.

what is that?!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 736 ✭✭✭chillin117

TheBiz wrote: »
    Probably because I don't fit in like most others, I like to constantly be learning, my downtime consists of me watching a film/documentary on the financial crash.
    I'm learning up on stocks and how to programme as opposed to going out on the weekends.
    I sleep about 6 hours a day.
    I don't want to be part of a group who just waste time and talk nonsense, I'm also quiet, introverted and analytical.

Or maybe it's because I communicate in random shrieks and screams.. I'm not sure...
    Sheldon is that you ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭For ever odd

I like to eat a Chocolate digestive with a easy single on top, delicious, but people find it weird for some reason....

I think it's because I don't trim the corners.

Advertisement